Hey Blerdy Tribe! It’s the end of yet another month, so it’s time for the Blerdy Otome Monthly Recap! Can y’all believe that January is already over? It’s still early in the year, but 2022 is off to a great start for me! I hit a few milestones this month–getting 600 follower on my Twitch channel and maintaining a 22-day blogging streak being two of the biggest ones. I was also invited to participate in Aksys Games’s release day livestream for Variable Barricade on Feb. 24th (3PM PST) and I am super excited! This is such a fun opportunity and I can’t wait—y’all I did a little dance when they contacted me! If you can come to the stream, please come out and support, I’ll post more details closer to the stream!
Also, I managed to get my hands on a PS5 and I’m so excited to start playing games I didn’t have access to before (I always had handhelds growing up)! I’ve already got Persona 5 Royal and the Demon Slayer game, but I am open to recommendations—so definitely send them my way!
As always there’s a lot more on the horizon in February, but before we dive into the new month, let’s take a look back at the month of January here at Blerdy Otome!
Favorite January Post
It’s no secret that I love manga just as much if not more than otome games—I have the bank statements to prove it. But, when I’m not romancing 2D hotties on my Switch you can usually find me curled up on my couch with a manga or two. So, while I was looking at my latest manga TBR, it got me thinking, what are some manga titles that I’d recommend to otome fans, and thus this post was born. All of the manga on this list are available in English (either digitally or in print)!
Blog Posts from January
- Thrifty Gaming: Games That Won’t Blow Your Budget #99
- Thrifty Gaming: Games That Won’t Blow Your Budget #100
- Thrifty Gaming: Games That Won’t Blow Your Budget #101
- Thrifty Gaming: Games That Won’t Blow Your Budget #102
- Cozy Grove Game Review – A Creepy Cute Camping Life Sim
- Indie Spotlight: The Silent Kingdom
- Heart Sigil Elchemia Demo – First Impressions
- Our Life: Now and Forever Demo – First Impressions
- Kings of Paradise (Nintendo Switch) – First Impressions
- I’ve Become an Omega Today Manga Review
- My Love Mix-Up! Volume 1 & 2 Manga Review
- Bad Boys Happy Home Manga Review
- Games I Plan on Finishing in 2022
- 5 Games Like Nightshade
- Diverse Games to Keep an Eye Out for in 2022
- Throwbacks to Bring Back: Old Games I’d Love to See Get a Re-Release
- F#@k, Marry, Kill Otome Edition – Kissed by the Baddest Bidder
- Show Some Love for these Floral ✕ Malice Otome Enamel Pins
- Manga Recommendations for Otome Game Lovers
- Confessions of an Otome Gamer: It’s Okay NOT to Play the Latest Game
- 10 Rules for Watching Sports Anime
Instagram Fave Post
Of all my social media accounts, Instagram is where I’m most active. So, here is my favorite Instagram post from January!
Reviews To Expect in January
I usually just go with the flow when it comes to content here on Blerdy Otome, so it’s kind of hard to pin down what to expect each month. I want to get better at sticking to a “schedule” so I thought it would be good practice to include a section with some of the reviews I plan to write during the upcoming month. Not only will this hold me accountable, but it will also give you all an idea of what to expect to see in the month ahead. Full disclosure, this is not a complete list and there’s a good chance things will change—this is more of a rough draft…
- Variable Barricade Review & Walkthroughs
- Kings of Paradise Character Reviews(?)
- Manga Reviews
From Around the Reader
Cowboys and Samurai– Merlin’s Musings (Merlin)
Merlin of Merlin’s Musings takes an in depth look the icons of American and Japanese media, Cowboys and Samurai. At first glance they seem completely different, but after looking at their cultural impact and traits, Merlin asserts that they’re not all that different after all.
5 Boy’s Love College Manga to Read on Futekiya – The Wonder of Anime (Lisa)
Lisa of The Wonder of Anime is at it again with another curated Futekiya list! Five great boys love series worth checking out from Futekiya’s expansive catalogue of titles. If you love BL, you don’t want to miss this post!
The Apothecary Diaries Review – Religiously Nerdy (The Muslim Blerd)
The Muslim Blerd of Religiously Nerdy takes a look at the manga adaptation of the light novel, The Apothecary Diaries in this short informative review. If you’ve been on the fence about the adaptation or if you’re looking for something new to add to your reading list, definitely give this review a read!
Thank You for Your Support!!
A lot of what I do here on Blerdy Otome is because of the support of all of you amazing readers–whether it’s your encouraging words on Twitter, liking a post or just sharing my posts with others, you guys are the real MVPs ! It’s no secret that buying games and manga for reviews puts a strain on my wallet and while I love what I do, a little extra help goes a long way! Here are the awesome people who gave their support this month!