Hey there Blerdy Tribe, there’s no denying that 2020 has been a bit of a bummer and this is only the halfway point… but, I’ve taken this time to kick my ass in gear and really revitalize things here at Blerdy Otome. In the past, I’ve had a pretty lax approach to blogging which isn’t especially conducive to much growth. So, I’m making an effort to be more social, something I have struggled with a lot—I’m not the most outgoing person IRL…I get super anxious about reaching out to people for the first time (I tend to wait for people to reach out to me first). But, I’ve been reaching out more to people online, and I’ve met some super nice people!
I did a Instagram live with Blaque N’ Kulture that was super fun and we’re even working on a fun new project that I think you guys will love! Lizzo from Soulcial Dreamers Entertainment invited me to do an interview for their site and I am still in shocked that she thinks I’m cool enough for a feature. Heck, I hiked up a mountain this month!! Despite everything going on in the world right now, I’ve been making small strides and I want to thank you all for sticking with me over the years! So, let’s look back at the month of June here on Blerdy Otome!!
Favorite June Posts
I was browsing Crunchyroll and I ran across the anime Demon Lord Dante and man did it trigger some serious nostalgia. For those of you that don’t know—Demon Lord Dante is a supernatural horror series by Go Nagai, the man behind Devilman and Cutie Honey. The 2018 ONA, Devil Man Crybaby is based on Nagai’s Devilman series and if you thought that was trippy, you NEED to check out Demon Lord Dante, because MAN IS IT WILD—religious allegory, satanists, demons, monsters, naked women being sacrificed, and just a hint of incest to top it all off…and it’s AWESOME (and terrible). Just watch it (dubbed) and see what I’m talking about.
So, it occurred to me that my Blerdy Tribe was looking kinda thin, so I quickly set out to correct that and wound up discovering some truly amazing Black creatives—and I just had to share! With everything going on right now it is extremely important that we share our own stories and connect with one another, because at the end of the day we are all stronger together!
Blog Posts from June
- [Pride Month 2020] Even More LGBTQ Positive Visual Novels
- Wholesome BL Reads to Add to Your Reading List
- 5 Reasons You Should Play Collar x Malice
- Behind the Games – Interview with the ValiDate Team
- Behind the Games – Interview with Oracle and Bone Studio
- Behind the Games – Interview with Lunaris Games
- Thrifty Gaming: Games That Won’t Blow Your Budget #55
- Thrifty Gaming: Games That Won’t Blow Your Budget #56
- Thrifty Gaming: Games That Won’t Blow Your Budget #57
- NaNoRenO 2020 Review – ‘Divilethion’
- Last Day of Spring – Game Review
- A New Life Game Review – How Will You Fill the Pages of Your Story?
- Night in the Woods Game Review – Growing Up is Scary AF
- Without a Voice Yuri Game Review – A Melancholy Fairytale
- A Summer’s End – Hong Kong 1986 Game Review – Press Play on this Engaging Retro Yuri Romance
- Melanin Friendly Games – ‘Chronotopia: Second Skin’
- Melanin Monday: Lovestruck
- The Blerdy Tribe – Black Creators You Should Be FollowingThe Blerdy Tribe – Black Creators You Should Be Following
- Being an anime fan back in the day was a STRUGGLE
Instagram Fave Post
Of all my social media accounts, Instagram is where I’m most active. So, here is my favorite Instagram post from June!
From Around the Reader
I’ve been taking time out to read posts from my fellow bloggers here on WordPress and these are some of the posts that I most enjoyed this month!! I highly recommend giving each of these posts a read and maybe check out some of their other posts as well!
Black Lives Matter in Cosplay – We Be Bloggin’ (Y0UC4N7KN0W)
Top 5 Best Anime Couples – Otaku Orbit (Jiraiyan)
BL Metamorphosis Vol 1 Review – Al’s Manga Blog (alsmangablog)
5 Reasons Why You Should Watch Netflix’s The Hollow: TheList – Couch Crusin’ (Ange)
Follow Blerdy Otome!