There is even more news for the joseimuke community! Yesterday, Japanese publisher, Primula (the team behind the much beloved, Taisho x Alice series) launched the official site for their upcoming title, “Qualia/Δ” for PC. While there has been no official localization announcement, the site launched with tentative English and Simplified Chinese support. So far, what we know is that this is not an otome game, but a romance title focusing on three main protagonists.
Continue reading “Primula Launches Site for New Title, “Qualia/Δ” Tentative English and Simplified Chinese Support”
- Developer: Primula
- Release Date: TBA
- Platform: PC
- Languages: Japanese (English and Simplified Chinese tentative support)
Hey Hey Blerdy Tribe! These last few months have been kind of crazy on my end, but in a good way! I’ve been getting my Twitch channel off the ground and I recently started a Discord server to connect with folks away from this site and Twitch–which means content here on Blerdy Otome has been kinda sporadic. I’m slowly finding a good rhythm for everything so I should be back on track next week-ish.
But, today I wanted to share some exciting news with you all! If you follow my socials you probably already know, but around the end of August I found out I was nominated for one of the*GameHERs Awards.
Continue reading “Quick Update – I’m a Finalist in the*gameHERs Awards”
Hey Blerdy Tribe, so I’m kinda sorta on a My Hero Academia binge and I’m so hyped up on all the Plus Ultra vibes that I haven’t actually played any games. So, I’m gonna take the rest of the week to just wrap myself in the warm embrace of anime and my ever growing TBR!
So I’ll be taking a bit of a break–no new posts until Monday May 10th! But, I’ll still keep boosting the giveaway on my socials and if you wanna chat just drop me a line! I’ll see you guys next week!
Hey Hey All You Wonderful Heroes and Travelers (gosh, it’s been awhile since I said that), I hope you guys didn’t miss me too much! This post signifies my official return to blogging, I meant to come back sooner, but, I quite liked the break so I wound up staying away much longer than I planned. Though, granted, I was still pretty active on Twitter and Instagram. I’ve also been crocheting up a storm for my Etsy store, Poke’s Amigumuri Pals, and on top of that I’ve been out and about, exploring and growing, which left very little time for blogging…. but, I am back and I hope to resume blogging as usual next week. In the meantime, I’ll be posting a few Kickstarter campaign posts and some demo reviews (hopefully I can get them done before Otakon).
- My Blogiverary is on the horizon (August 11th), apparently, I’ve been blogging for two years, though, I could have sworn it was much longer than that… I plan on doing something special for that. What that special something will be, I have no clue, but whatever it is, it will be epic!!
- I opened up my very own Etsy store, Poke’s Amigumuri Pals for all my amigurumi (crochet) dolls. The store specializes in faceless dolls (but, I can give them faces if someone is dead set on it). I am open to commissions and custom orders, so if you have a game character, anime character, or whatever that you want to own in doll form, just shoot me a message and I can work with you!
- Most of you guys should know that I am a writer for the anime news site, MANGA.TOKYO, which also contributed to the blogging hiatus (just a bit though). I’ve written a few articles for them so far, and there are more on the way (just gotta find the time to crank em out), but the real news is that I’ll be covering the anime convention, Otakon as press for the site this weekend! This is my first time doing something like this, and while I’m nervous as hell, it should be a lot of fun, so I’m looking forward to it!
- Added a Ko-fi button to the sidebar, because this blog is a labor of love, I don’t receive any money for anything that I write here (though occasionally a dev will throw me a review copy of a game) I come out of pocket for everything, so if you like what you see consider donating. But, it’s optional, so don’t feel obligated in any way!
Slowly Chuggin’ Along
I’m one of those, 9-5 office workers now, so the bulk of my blogging and crocheting gets done either during the commute to and from work or when I get home (right before I conk out for the day). That being said, I’m still going to be a bit slow with updates, but I’ll do my best! Just bear with me for a bit longer.
I’d like to thank all of you for your love and support over these past few months, shit really hit the fan for me at one point, and while everything isn’t smooth sailing, I can honestly say that I am happy and a lot of that has to do with you guys! Every comment, tweet, message, and email means a lot to me (yes, I do read them, even if I don’t respond), so thank you guys for being so super special awesome!!
I have been waiting for this game for months since the Kickstarter campaign wrapped up last September and the day is finally here!! Today marks the official release of Dicesuki Games’s second visual novel, Cinderella Phenomenon! The game is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux and can be downloaded for free from itch.io, HERE!
*Disclaimer: While the writing is mine, the images used in this post are not, they belong to Dicesuki Games!*
Continue reading “[New Release] Cinderella Phenomenon is HERE!!”
So, I meant to write about this yesterday, but I completely forgot… *ahem* If you follow me on twitter you’ll know that I have been tweeting about one thing since yesterday… and if you aren’t following me on Twitter, you should, because that’s where I make most of my big announcements…
Tonight at 7PM EST I will participate in my FIRST EVER Livestream with Fellow Bloggers Lita Kino and Katrina Sade!! Link…. HERE!
YUP!! I will be appearing with these two fantastic ladies for a special one night only livestream event, so definitely stop by and show us some love! It’ll definitely be a night of fun, so don’t miss out!!
Since Pokemon Sun and Moon was released today, I’m cancelling this week’s Fangirl Moment post so I can play it! I probably could have written a quick Fangirl Friday post last night or right now while I wait for my local Gamestop to open, but when I try to force them they never seem to come out right…
But, that is besides the point, the fact of the matter is that I am putting everything on hold while I play Pokemon Moon. So don’t expect much from me in the next few days, as I will be busy exploring Alola!
As of right now, the Last Week Today post for 11/13 to 11/19 isn’t cancelled… but, we’ll see how that goes come Sunday.
Edit (9/25): I have been receiving a large number of comments from players that are receiving bans for reasons other than turning back the time on their devices. If you feel that you have been wrongfully banned, contact Cheritz directly and submit an official report on the issue through: firstname.lastname@example.org!
Edit 9/24: The petition was removed from Change.org due to negative backlash on twitter. The creator posted an explanation on Instagram, but it has since been removed.
*Cheritz has lifted bans on all wrongfully banned accounts, read the full post, HERE!*
I really thought that I was done writing about Mystic Messenger, but the recent update has many in the fandom up in arms and I think it’s time I gave opinion on the matter.
I do not stand behind that silly Petition, in fact, I think the whole thing is utterly ridiculous! For those who don’t know, Cheritz just released an update that changed some things about the Mystic Messenger experience:
- Players that were/are resetting their device times to replay missed chats will now have their accounts PERMANENTLY BANNED!
- Max Speed in chats will now be reserved for VIP members only. VIP membership can be purchased from Cheritz, HERE.
- Cheritz will also be restricting the number of save files players can use for free.
- Finally, 5 HOURGLASSES will be used every time players load a save file!
First, I see absolutely nothing wrong with these updates. Cheritz is still a relatively small developer and they spent a lot of time and money to make this game a reality. So, it only makes sense that they would try to recoup some of their investments. Developing a game, especially a voiced game requires a considerable amount of money and time. And the fact that Cheritz decided to make the game a free to play app is very generous on their part! So when I saw that some angry fan went out and created petitions against Cheritz on Change.org, I was a little pissed off and here’s why…
*This post is my opinion and it’s cool if you don’t agree with it, I am open to hearing what everyone has to say, but I WILL NOT TOLERATE any personal attacks. Do not use my comments section to attack anyone, be sure to keep all discussions tame.
Continue reading “Mystic Messenger Bans and the Petition”
First don’t worry, this isn’t going to be bad news! I just have a lot on my plate so I wasn’t able to keep up with my blogging schedule like I wanted to… So as most of you know I have been working on revising a research paper I helped write (with two classmates) back in May for my Big Graduation Research Capstone.
Continue reading “[Announcement] I’m all out of wack this week!”