Edit (10/4): The Kickstarter for this game was successful at meeting its funding goal and two of the stretch goals. The final funding amount was £4,147 with 187 backers! The game now has a tentative release date of January-March 2017!
I am on a roll with these Kickstarter campaigns!! This time I’m covering the upcoming free English otome from Dicesuki Games, Cinderella Phenomenon!! Earlier this year Dicesuki released their first ever otome game Locked Heart and now they’re back with their sophomore title.
So like me you may be wondering why a FREE game has a Kickstarter in the first place, it’s free. Well, the developers explain that by funding this project not only will you guys be helping this game become a reality, but you will be helping them raise funds for future projects!
*Disclaimer: The images in this post belong to Dicesuki Games.
Cinderella Phenomenon is an upcoming otome game that borrows elements from well known fairytales to create a fantasy story with a twist!
Four years after the end of the Great War and the loss of her mother, Crown Princess Lucette of Angielle is still struggling to come with her new life and step-family. Cold-hearted and bitter, Lucette fails to recognize the suffering of thise around her as she is consumed by grief and resentment. But Lucette’s life is once again turned upside down when she is given the Fairytale Curse.
Join Lucette as she goes from rices to rags, and journeys to regain her life and break her curse.
In Cinderella Phenomenon each of the main characters are afflicted with their very own Fairytale Curse. As a result of their curses each of the characters have adopted certain mannerisms and quirks to help counteract the effects of their conditions.
- Lucette Riella Britton is the heroine of the game and a princess in her own right. When her mother died, Lucette became bitter towards her father and his new wife. For some unknown reason she receives a Fairytale Curse.
- Waltz Cresswell is afflicted by the Neverland Fairytale Curse, which is implied to be the cause of his shota appearance. He’s a cutie pie who looks like he likes warm hugs. Waltz seems to be close to Karma, as the two are often seen together engaged in friendly banter.
- Fitzgerald Aiden Leverton is Lucette’s personal knight, and as far as I can tell is the only love interest not shown to have a Fairytale Curse (though the Kickstarter character bio begs to differ). He is literally the only person within the palace that doesn’t hate Lucette’s guts.
- Rumpel …Rumpel, Rumpel, Rumpel… Where do I start with this idiot? He is a amnesiac and a terrible flirt, but a genuinely nice guy when he isn’t spouting nonsense. I know I said I didn’t have a favorite, but that’s a bit of a lie. Rumpel is the character that I am most looking forward to in the final release of the game! He is afflicted by the Rumpelstiltskin Fairytale Curse.
- Karma is a tease! From the moment I laid eyes on Karma, I just knew there was more to him than meets the eye. This guy likes to cross-dresses, and when he does, he puts every other woman in the room to shame! But, I pity the man that makes the mistake of hitting on him *cough* Rumpel *cough*. No one knows what his Fairytale Curse is, but he implies that it has something to do with his cross-dressing.
- Rod Benedikt Widdensov is Lucette’s younger step-brother. He suffers from the Mermaid Fairytale Curse. Because of his curse he is mute, so he uses a stuffed bunny doll to speak.
- Five potential love interests
- A diverse cast of characters each with their own branching stories that add to the overall narrative of the game.
- There are 10 unique endings
- Original artwork
- 15 beautiful Backgrounds and over 60 CGs
- An original opening theme song and opening video
There are a set of Stretch Goals that will expand the scope of the game if met. Some of the expanded features include additional character poses, additional background characters, extra CGs and additional funding for future projects. Upon it’s release the game will be available for Windows, Mac, and Linux; but, there is also a campaign to get the game greenlit for Steam as well! The tentative release date is set between Janurary-March 2017! Currently the game has $2,151 (£1,638) of it’s $2,496 (£1,900) campaign goal with 68 Backers! The campaign will run until September 30th, 2016!
There are download links for the PC version of the demo, right there on the Kickstarter page, so if you are still on the fence about the game or just want to see what the game has to offer give it a try.
So PLEASE check out the Kickstarter campaign, HERE, and lend your support. There are still 27 days left and they are currently at $2,151 (£1,638) and every little bit helps! I can’t wait for the finished project when it is released early next year. The various price tiers come with some nice goodies so definitely check them out!
You can also contact them on Social Media through the following channels:
If you can’t help out monetarily, SHARE this post or the Kickstarter page on social media and spread the word! As always THANK YOU for reading!!!
4 thoughts on “[Funded] Let’s Show Our Support for Cinderella Phenomenon an English Otome”
This seems interesting
Right? And it’s going to be free when it’s released too!