So I wasn’t a huge fan of the previous Voltage USA titles, they all just fell flat for me…I felt that instead of adapting the existing Voltage games for an American audience, Voltage should have been more consistent in updating the stuff they already had! So when Voltage announced that they would be releasing Voltage USA 2.0, AmeMix, let’s just say I was less than enthused…To say I was hesitant about the new venture is a bit of an understatement, to be honest I had even resigned myself to completely ignore its existence… but curiosity…and a lot of good press later had me downloading the first (and only) game in the series: Labyrinths of Astoria (now Astoria: Fates Kiss) onto my Ipad Mini…and there it stayed unopened and unplayed for weeks!
That is until I received a ‘Coming Soon’ notification for Hades’ Main Story 1… and Lord help me… that man can get it!
I mean seriously….
But that is for another time and place…at the time the only appealing story available was Hydra, don’t get me wrong, Hydra is a cutie too, total pixel man package: dark hair CHECK, snarky smirk DOUBLE CHECK, hot/cold personality CHECK! But Hades is my SPESH!
You (name changeable) are an agent of H.E.R.A (Hell and Earth Relations Agency), which is like the Men In Black, except instead of aliens, you deal with Greek gods and monsters. And where is this MIB-like agency located? New York, of course. You primarily work as a paper pushing desk agent, occasionally your supervisor gives you some small field assignments, but nothing too exciting…This all changes when you meet four monsters and a
beautiful caramel hottie Greek god, who all need your help. Life as you know it is about to change as you help your supernatural partner solve their problem and find love along the way.
- Join ice cold criminal, Hydra as he takes down corruption among the gods and learn along the way that first impressions can be deceptive.
- Pal around with, Cerberus, a sweet monster with a heart of gold. Fall in love with this lovable, charming…and did I mention well endowed Underworld gate guardian.
- Or maybe the flirty prince Chimera is your guy. Help him manage his unstoppable power, while dealing with some serious daddy issues.
- Feeling a little curious? How about the beautiful and mysterious Medusa? Help her exorcise some demons from her past that threaten her present.
- Monsters not your cup of tea? How about a god?! Become the assistant of the gentleman god, Hades as he deals trouble in paradise…literally!
…I was pleasantly surprised! This game was amazing…I mean absolutely amazing! It was like Voltage took all the things we had complained about in their other games and put them into this gem of a game!
- They gave the MC eyes (which wasn’t really make or break for me)
- She had personality, she is a witty, spunky, go getter, that can easily go toe to toe with her equally snarky love interest.
- They gave her, her very own superpower…well kind of, more like Wonder Twins meets Twilight…but it’s something!
- She had a life outside of her love interest. She bakes when she’s stressed (which is often). She has a quirky friend/coworker and a chef brother (who I secretly wished I could pick).
The game has two endings: Thrilling Love and Passionate Love, which each unlock a separate point of view story. Both endings and POVs are great, I happen to be more partial to the Passionate ending though. But be warned you can only view one ending per play through, and the Passionate ending is super hard to get! So I suggest the getting the End Set, for sanity’s sake!
This is going to be short…I highly recommend this game! It took two of my favorite things: Greek myth and Otome, and made a damn good game! It has a likable MC, interesting characters, a fast paced plot (if not too short) with a satisfying payoff, Lab- I mean Astoria:Fates Kiss is one of Voltage Inc’s best!
Thank you for reading and Supporting Blerdy Otome! If you like what you see be sure to drop a like or a comment to let me know your thoughts about Astoria Fates Kiss!!