Hey there Blerdy Tribe! Three months down, nine more to go! March has been an interesting month–I got my very first vaccine dose and I’m due for the second this weekend which puts me one step closer to a bit more normalacy (though it’s a ways off before I’ll start working from the office again).
Also remember how I mentioned I wanted to start streaming on Twitch? Well I realized that my poor laptop wasn’t going to be able to handle running a game and streaming, so I made the decision to build a gaming PC, and by build, I mean get my much more tech savvy brother to build it for me. And some failed attempts at getting parts I now have everything I need–thanks to a super nice person. So, my bro will be here next weekend to help me put everything together! I’m super excited to finally have a designated gaming computer, it is such a pain having to delete games after I finish them and now I won’t have too!
OH!! I almost forgot!
I finally hit 1000 followers!! Yay!! And since I also hit 2K followers on Twitter, I’m going to make good on my promise for a big otome giveaway! So definitely keep an eye out for that in the coming weeks!
April is certainly looking up, but before we dive into a new month, let’s look back at the month of March here on Blerdy Otome!
Favorite March Posts
Root Film is a murder mystery visual novel developed by Kadokawa games, the folks behind Root Letter and localized by PQube. As the second game in the Kadokawa Mystery Games series following, Root Letter, this game takes us back to Shimane prefecture with a new set of characters who find themselves embroiled in new thrilling murder mystery adventure. Rintaro “Max” Yagumo is hired to work as one of the director for the revival of the TV series, “Shimane Mystery Drama Project”—a project that was cancelled under suspicious circumstances 10 years prior.
Hey Hey, since I’m stuck in a three day conference and I needed a way to lift my spirits and what better way to do that than with a list of hot 2D boys? Red haired otome boys always seem to be the most energetic and bombastic love interests and while they might not be my faves, they are a lot of fun! So, here’s a quick and dirty list of the fiery otome redheads to brighten your feed~
Blog Posts from March
- Thrifty Gaming: Games That Won’t Blow Your Budget #79
- Thrifty Gaming: Games That Won’t Blow Your Budget #80
- Thrifty Gaming: Games That Won’t Blow Your Budget #81
- Sifting Thyme Otome Review – Stir Up Some Romance
- Loving You Fully Indie Game Review – Self Love is BEST Love
- Men of Yoshiwara Kikuya Otome Review – Finding Love in the Red Light District
- Taisho x Alice Episode 3 Otome Review – Life is but a Fairytale
- First Impressions: EDDA Café Indie Game
- First Impressions – Exclusively Yours: An Office Affair Love 365 Otome Review
- Project: Perfectly Normal BL Game Review
- First Impressions: Doki Doki Dollmaker BL Game Demo Review + KS Campaign
- Root Film Nintendo Switch Game Review
- I Love You! (Suki Da!) Otome Game Review – Cute High School Rom Com
- Heroine for Hire Indie Otome Review – Fai’s Route
Instagram Fave Post
Of all my social media accounts, Instagram is where I’m most active. So, here is my favorite Instagram post from March!
Reviews To Expect in April
I usually just go with the flow when it comes to content here on Blerdy Otome, so it’s kind of hard to pin down what to expect each month. I want to get better at sticking to a “schedule” so I thought it would be good practice to include a section with some of the reviews I plan to write during the upcoming month. Not only will this hold me accountable, but it will also give you all an idea of what to expect to see in the month ahead. Full disclosure, this is not a complete list and there’s a good chance things will change–this is more of a rough draft…
- 2021 Nanoreno Games – Nanoreno 2021 just ended and most of the submissions are in, so I’m going to start making my way through some of the games! There are over 50 entries, so get ready to see a lot of reviews in the coming month(s).
- Ayakashi Romance Reborn (Switch) – I tried to play ARR on mobile, but I have zero patience for gacha games and the like, so it was quickly dropped. Now that it’s available on the Nintendo Switch and all the card pulling and side quest things are gone I am totally okay with playing it.
- Fashioning Little Miss Lonesome – I said I’d finish it in March, but eh, life happens. So, I’m bumping it to April instead. I’m maybe 10 minutes or so in and so far it’s a riot!
- Hadaka Shitsuji – Naked Butlers – So, I started this game awhile ago and three “You were far too kind” ending later I needed a break. So I played other non traumatizing games and after fortifying my heart, I think I’m ready to finally get back to this game… I saw one CG that I just can’t unsee…
From Around the Reader
I’ve been taking time out to read posts from my fellow bloggers here on WordPress and these are some of the posts that I most enjoyed this month!! I highly recommend giving each of these posts a read and maybe check out some of their other posts as well!
The Bell Chimes for Gold Otome Review – Two Happy Cats (Steph)
Games on my Wish List – Feminine Frenzy (Amanda)
Caturday Reads: Fluffy Romance Manga & Sci-Fi Horror – BiblioNyan (Grand Immortal Tofu King (BiblioNyan))
Spill the tea: Is there ideal gameplay in Otome games? – Evening Tea Musings (Annie)
Thank You for Your Support!!
A lot of what I do here on Blerdy Otome is because of the support of all of you amazing readers–whether it’s your encouraging words on Twitter, liking a post or just sharing my posts with others, you guys are the real MVPS ! It’s no secret that buying games and manga for reviews puts a strain on my wallet and while I love what I do, a little extra help goes a long way!
Categories: Monthly Recap