Hey there Heroes, Travelers, and Wandering NPCs another month has come and gone, and with it 2020 continues to be the gift that keeps on giving. Many of us are still at home as COVID-19 continues to rages on and now the unnecessary murders of black people at the hands of those sworn to protect has major cities all across the country in an uproar.
It’s a emotional time for us here in the States and it’s just further evidence that things need to change. So, it is with that backdrop that we say goodbye to the May, a tumultuous month in an already difficult year. And, with that said, lets look back on the month here at Blerdy Otome.
Favorite May Posts
So, this incident happened a little while ago but I needed some time to cool off before I wrote about it, because at the time I was PISSED! Time has softened my anger so that now I look back on the whole thing with some degree of amusement, don’t get me wrong, I am still pretty frustrated about the whole situation, but not enough to wage a one woman crusade against FUNimation. I’ve put away my pitchfork and doused my torch, and after a bit of self reflection I think I’m finally ready to talk about what happened…
It’s no secret that I’m a huge BL fan with a few years of experience with the genre under my belt. So, I’m always amazed to see how much the genre has grown over the years. Newer series have started moving away from the sex heavy stories towards more realistic depictions of same sex relationships, opening up the genre to more general audiences.
And with greater mass appeal comes more anime adaptations of popular BL series. However, Boys Love anime tend to do poorly, mostly due to low production value, but every so often a true gem of a series will crop up that redeems the genre. So, that got me thinking about some of the some of my favorite BL anime adaptations, and thus this list was born! So, whether your a fan of BL media, or just an anime fan looking for something new to dive into, there are some pretty fun titles for you to check out!
Blog Posts from May
- Thrifty Gaming: Games That Won’t Blow Your Budget #51
- Thrifty Gaming: Games That Won’t Blow Your Budget #52
- Thrifty Gaming: Games That Won’t Blow Your Budget #53
- Thrifty Gaming: Games That Won’t Blow Your Budget #54
- NaNoRenO 2020 Review – Demon Kiss
- NaNoRenO 2020 Review – Dear Devere
- Melanin Friendly Games – ‘Errant Kingdom’
- Guilty Parade Demo Review – A Quirky Wartime Visual Novel
- Melanin Friendly Games – ‘Arcade Spirits’
- NaNoRenO 2020 Review – Red-Handed Robin
- NaNoRenO 2020 Review – ‘#influenced’
- Melanin Friendly Games – ‘Mermaid Splash! Passion Festival’
- NaNoRenO 2020 Review – Flour Hour
- NaNoRenO 2020 Review – ‘Dream Dilemma!’
- Melanin Friendly Games – ‘Date Warp’
- NaNoRenO 2020 Review – ‘Love Rewind: A Magical Time Travel Romance’
- Confessions of an Otome Gamer – Using Guides and Walkthroughs
- Crocheting While Otaku: Keepin’ It Casual
- Creating the Ideal Partner: The Adaptive Nature of Heroines in Otome Games – May 2020 “Adapt” OWLS Blog Tour
- Blerdy PSA: I Am Tired Of This!
Instagram Fave Post
Of all my social media accounts, Instagram is where I’m most active. So, here is my favorite Instagram post from May!
From Around the Reader
I’ve been taking time out to read posts from my fellow bloggers here on WordPress and these are some of the posts that I most enjoyed this month!! I highly recommend giving each of these posts a read and maybe check out some of their other posts as well!
The Power of Me: My Voice on My Blog – Pinkie’s Paradise (Pinkie)
What gets (and keeps) me interested in an anime? – 012Mashi Talks (012Mashi)
How I Write Reviews – Sorting My Thoughts & Airing My Feelings – Two Happy Cats (Steph)
5 Yummy Anime Recipes You Can Make At Home – 9 Tailed Kitsune Anime Blog (Misaki)
Ten Count Vol. 1 – Manga Review – Yaoi Playground (Mistress of Yaoi)
Listing 5 of My Favorite Fanfics – Shay Taree
Follow Blerdy Otome!