Once again I am super late with this post… but, better late than never, right? So it seems that I’ve been nominated for a Sunshine Blogger Award by two super mega awesome bloggers, Ma. Venus Gamboa of Japanime Talks and Remyfool of The Lily Garden!!
So some background on these fabulous bloggers…. Venus is a very active member of the WordPress anime community and the owner of a fabulous anime blog! Venus writes a wide range of anime related posts, from reviews to how to’s, you’re sure to find something great, so definitely stop by and give her blog a read!! Remy is frickin awesome (plus his username is the same as my favorite X-Men) and runs one of the best yuri blogs I’ve ever seen! For me Remy is the authority on all things yuri, if it exists, you can be sure to find a post about it at the Lily Garden! So whether you’re a fan of yuri or just a regular otaku looking for something new, definitely check out the Lily Garden!! Again, thanks to both of you guys for nominating me, it really means alot to know that both of you thought I was worthy of the nomination!! 😀
Since I was nominated by two different bloggers, I have two sets of questions to answer…
1. Hisoka or Chrollo? And why?
I’ve never watched Hunter x Hunter, so IDK.
2. What was the most thought-provoking anime / manga you’ve watched/ read?
I guess the most thought-provoking anime for me would have to be Mushishi and for the most thought-provoking manga, that honor goes too Banana Fish by Akimi Yoshida!
3. What was the most overrated AND underrated anime series you’ve encountered?
Let’s see, the most overrated anime series would have to be… One Piece? I’ve never really got what all the fuss was about, I tried to watch it a few times, but I just couldn’t get into it….
As for the most underrated series, that would have to be Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad. Everyone raves about K-On! but I don’t really see many people talking about Beck, which is a shame, because it’s really good!
4. If given a chance to rewrite a part of the Naruto series, which character death would you have prevented? Why? If none, why?
This is an unfair question… I’d try to bring them all back! But, I guess if I had to choose, I’d have to say Asuma, simply because he was about to have a kid…
5. Have you done something so uncharacteristically hilarious in the name of anime? If yes, what is it?
I can’t dance, I was born with two left feet, so I tend to avoid dancing when I can. But, for some reason, I thought that it was a good idea to try and do the Hare Hare Yukai dance… I was not successful.
6. IF, by some astronomically thin chance, anime and manga gets banned, what would be the FIRST THING you’ll do?
Hide my manga stash…
7. Who’s your favorite FEMALE anime character of all times? Why?
I answered this question when I did the 30 Day Anime Challenge back in July, but my all time favorite female anime character is Faye Valentine from Cowboy Bebop! Faye is my favorite character because she’s a BAMF! But, if you want a more in depth explanation, read this post!
8. What’s your primary motivation for blogging?
I blog, because I wanted to share my love of otome games with the world!! Most of my friends think I’m crazy for playing otome games, so I don’t really get to talk with too many people about them… Sure my BF will listen to me rave about them, but that is cruel and unusual punishment… But, I think I’m starting to wear down one of my RL friends!!
9. If given a chance to team up with another anime blogger for an awesome blog post, who will it be? Why?
I feel like this is a trick question lol… My PC answer is, I’d love to write a post with everyone! But, I guess if I had to choose just one blogger, I’d have to go with *cough* *cough* because *cough*…
10. What’s the most exotic food you’ve tasted so far?
I’m not very adventurous when it comes to my food, but I guess I’ll go with calamari… even though that isn’t very exotic 😛
11. What was that thing you did that you’re most proud of?
The research paper that I had published a few months ago! So much hard work and a few sleepless nights went into that paper, plus having a publication to my name comes with some added perks!!
1. Coffee or tea?
There is no contest, after working in a Starbucks for 2 years the answer is always going to be tea… In fact, I hate coffee…
2. Pasta or rice?
3. Would you rather be an idealist or a pragmatic person (wow, such good questions! Seriously, I’ll try harder but this is painful at 2 AM)?
LMAO, this is actually a really good question, Remy! But, I’d have to go with pragmatic, there’s less disappointment that way.
4. Would you rather kiss a unrequited crush on the lips or be allowed to slap someone you hate a single time with no retaliation?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! This is such a hard question, both options are just so appealing… damn, uh… The slap, final answer!
5. Say you are suddenly are in charge of pressing the button that gives a lethal injection to a criminal. Do you press the button or do you live the rest of your life with the Monster Mash song stuck in your head?
LOLOL these questions are hilarious! I’m actually playing this song while I answer this question and I can say without a doubt that I would push the button!
6. Could you eat 50 McDonald’s Chicken McNuggets in one sitting?
Hell yeah! I’ve actually done it before too!
7. How do you feel about Thanksgiving stuffing (okay, too many food questions. They are now banned)?
I dislike stuffing, I dunno, there is just something weird about it… and for the record I don’t care for gravy or potato salad either!
8. Would you rather be average at everything, or be peerless at one very specific thing but horribly subpar at everything else?
Ha, the latter is how a professor explained a PhD to me once… I’ll go with average, since I could at least make a living being average…
9. What’s your favorite season of the year?
Autumn! I love watching the leaves change over, but, I’m really excited for the fall fashion… I live for boots and jackets!!
10. What’s the most disappointing anime you’ve ever watched?
Sword Art Online, season 1 was good, but everything after that was just a waste of my time. In fact I spend most of my time pretending the other seasons don’t exist!
11. How do you feel about rainy days?
I love rainy days… they just feel magical, like anything can happen!!