As usual I am super late with this award post… I blame My Horse Prince… *claps hands* So it seems that I’ve been nominated for a Unique Blogger Award by two super fantastic bloggers, Kapodaco of Criticisms and Thoughts and Remyfool of The Lily Garden!!!
So some background on these fabulous bloggers…. Kapodaco is an aspiring critic that runs one of the most honest blogs I’ve ever seen!! You can always count on him to give you a thorough assessment of whatever he reviews, be they critically acclaimed anime series or indie games, he holds everything he views to the same standard. He tends to be a harsher critic than most, but when he does write a positive review, you can be sure that the praise is well deserved!
Remy is the authority on all things yuri, if it exists, you can be sure to find a post about it at the Lily Garden! He is one of my favorite bloggers on wordpress and my self appointed kouhai 😛 He is a joy to chat with, no matter what we talk about I always have a good time! Again, thanks to both of you guys for nominating me, it really means alot to know that both of you thought I was worthy of the nomination!!
- Share the link of the blogger who has shown love to you by nominating you.
- Answer the questions.
- In the spirit of sharing love and solidarity with our blogging family, nominate 8-13 people for the same award.
- Ask them three questions.
1. Have you ever liked an unpopular character (in anime, film, novels, etc)? Which character earned your affection despite the masses’ low opinion of the character in question? Did you ever try to defend said character?
Ah… I’m seriously drawing a blank with this one, the only character that I can think about is Ryoki Tachibana from the shojo manga Hot Gimmick. He is an abusive prick, that terrorizes the protagonist, Hatsumi Narita, he even makes her his slave… But, he genuinely loves her and when she gets into trouble he, in his own messed up way, helps her out. I don’t in any way condone his actions throughout the series, but I don’t know… I just can’t bring myself to hate him at all… Did I ever defend him? No, he’s an abusive prick…
2. Does the ends justify the means?
Dude, you’re killing me with these thought provoking questions! LOL Hmmm, a large part of me wants to say yes, but I know better than that… So I will answer your question with even more questions: Will the outcome benefit other people? Are those people/things that benefit from the outcome in the majority? Minority? Will people get hurt? Is this a last resort? Are there other options?
3. Say you are eating a bento that happens to have some of the things that you like. Do you save your favorite dishes for last or do you eat them first?
Save them for last! Always! Jeeze Remy, this was the easiest question out of the three! 😛
1. How often in a single day do you dedicate exercising your body (any amount counts, such as walking, stretching, etc.)?
Ha, does walking to the fridge count? Seriously though, not much time really. But, there is a rather large hill leading up to my office and the trek up it every day is evil!
2. Do you prefer anime on rainy days or manga on sunny days?
Ah, this is a tough question… I love rainy days in general, but I’m more likely to read a manga than I am to watch an anime series. Can I switch them around a bit, maybe manga on rainy days? However, if I can’t I suppose anime on rainy days, since there usually isn’t much to do on those days in the first place.
3. What is your earliest memory?
Ummm, er… *puffs cheeks out* Well… *bites lip* Oh! I got it! My earliest memory would have to be me playing with my TV Teddy while watching the Berenstain Bears in the living room of our apartment. I guess I was maybe 4 or 5… And for those of you that don’t know, TV Teddy was an interactive stuffed bear that would talked and made commentary on VHS tapes of popular kid’s TV shows… Anyway, there I was sitting on the floor in front of the TV singing along with the theme song of the show, when out pops my mom with the camera taking pictures! Sorry that’s all I have, I don’t really remember much from my childhood… especially memories before the age of five…
- Katrina Sade of GrimmGirl.com
- Leafy of LEAFさんの夢が。。。
- NEETaku of Just… My 2 Cents
- Mr. Panda of Mr. Panda’s Video Game Reviews
- heyitszel of Archi-Anime
- Toreishi of Toreishi Games
- avathenerd of Reads, Rhythms, & Ruminations
- Karin of Otome Tantei
- What movie has left the biggest impression on you? (It can be any movie, anime related or otherwise)
- What is one thing about the anime community that you don’t like?
- If you could relive one day of your life over again what day would it be? (Don’t try to be funny and just respond with a date or a day of the week… 😛 )