So I am super late with this (again), but a few weeks ago, I was nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by Shojo from Shojo Thoughts: Otaku Ramblings!! She is such a fun blogger and her podcasts are frickin amazing, ya’ll should go listen to them now… Shojo is also a joy to chat with either on Twitter or through her WordPress site, she is just a lovely person! So if you haven’t already, go check out her blog, you won’t be disappointed!! Also, I always appreciate chatting with fellow Hakuouki fans *insert fangirl squeal*
This is my second Versatile Blogger Award, you can read the first post by clicking, HERE! This post will be a little different since Shojo did an anime themed post and I wanted to keep the momentum on that going, so the seven facts I wrote for this one will be anime related!! Woot!! So let’s get this show on the road!!
1) Display Award
2) Thank the person who gave this award (and include a link to their blog)
3) Share seven things about yourself! (Anime Edition)
4) Nominate ten bloggers
1. Contrary to popular belief, the reason I don’t really watch as much anime as most folks isn’t because I’m busy playing otome games (though that is a big part of it), the real reason I don’t watch much anime is because it takes me forever too decide on an anime to watch. I can and will spend hours browsing through Crunchyroll and Netflix in search of the perfect anime only to give up and read a manga or play a game instead… it’s actually kind of funny if you think about it…
2. While I absolutely love Haikyuu, it wasn’t my first sports anime, Prince of Tennis was. Honestly, I can’t tell you why I liked PoT so much, I don’t even like tennis all that much and if you asked me to explain the plot or name the characters (other than Ryoma), I wouldn’t be able to. LOL I probably only watched the show because it came on around the same time as MAR and Zatch Bell…
3. I am terrible at finishing anime. If I don’t binge watch a show, chances are I won’t finish it, because I tend to get distracted pretty easily. A show has to be really good to hold my interest, especially if it’s one of those longer series…
4. You’d think that I’d like anime series based on otome games, but I don’t really watch them… Now that I think about it, the only two I actually seriously sat down and watched were Hiiro no Kakera and Hakuouki… I tried to watch Amnesia, but I just couldn’t subject myself to that and I am convinced that Diabolik Lovers is a comedy…
5. I have never seen YuYu Hakusho in its entirety… no explanation here… just facts.
6. The first anime I was aware was an anime when I watched it was D.N. Angel, I loved it so much that I went out and purchased all of the manga volumes that had been released… if only I’d known back then how terrible the author was at finishing her series. I am still waiting for her to finish the series and it’s been YEARS!
7. Whenever I start an anime that I know will have a love triangle in it, I immediately set out to spoil it for myself. I hate when you spend all of your time rooting for one guy only for the heroine to wind up with a completely different guy!
I only did five nominations this time, because I already did one of these posts before and most of the people I know have already been nominated… Sorry if I nominated someone that has already done this before, feel free to ignore it or pass it on to someone else!! Also I wanna say thanks again to Shojo for nominating me for this award, it was really sweet of you to think of me!!