So I am super late with this (again), but a few weeks ago, I was nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by Shojo from Shojo Thoughts: Otaku Ramblings!! She is such a fun blogger and her podcasts are frickin amazing, ya’ll should go listen to them now… Shojo is also a joy to chat with either on Twitter or through her WordPress site, she is just a lovely person! So if you haven’t already, go check out her blog, you won’t be disappointed!! Also, I always appreciate chatting with fellow Hakuouki fans *insert fangirl squeal*
This is my second Versatile Blogger Award, you can read the first post by clicking, HERE! This post will be a little different since Shojo did an anime themed post and I wanted to keep the momentum on that going, so the seven facts I wrote for this one will be anime related!! Woot!! So let’s get this show on the road!!
1) Display Award
2) Thank the person who gave this award (and include a link to their blog)
3) Share seven things about yourself! (Anime Edition)
4) Nominate ten bloggers
Seven Facts About Me- Anime Edition
1. Contrary to popular belief, the reason I don’t really watch as much anime as most folks isn’t because I’m busy playing otome games (though that is a big part of it), the real reason I don’t watch much anime is because it takes me forever too decide on an anime to watch. I can and will spend hours browsing through Crunchyroll and Netflix in search of the perfect anime only to give up and read a manga or play a game instead… it’s actually kind of funny if you think about it…
2. While I absolutely love Haikyuu, it wasn’t my first sports anime, Prince of Tennis was. Honestly, I can’t tell you why I liked PoT so much, I don’t even like tennis all that much and if you asked me to explain the plot or name the characters (other than Ryoma), I wouldn’t be able to. LOL I probably only watched the show because it came on around the same time as MAR and Zatch Bell…
3. I am terrible at finishing anime. If I don’t binge watch a show, chances are I won’t finish it, because I tend to get distracted pretty easily. A show has to be really good to hold my interest, especially if it’s one of those longer series…
4. You’d think that I’d like anime series based on otome games, but I don’t really watch them… Now that I think about it, the only two I actually seriously sat down and watched were Hiiro no Kakera and Hakuouki… I tried to watch Amnesia, but I just couldn’t subject myself to that and I am convinced that Diabolik Lovers is a comedy…
5. I have never seen YuYu Hakusho in its entirety… no explanation here… just facts.
6. The first anime I was aware was an anime when I watched it was D.N. Angel, I loved it so much that I went out and purchased all of the manga volumes that had been released… if only I’d known back then how terrible the author was at finishing her series. I am still waiting for her to finish the series and it’s been YEARS!
7. Whenever I start an anime that I know will have a love triangle in it, I immediately set out to spoil it for myself. I hate when you spend all of your time rooting for one guy only for the heroine to wind up with a completely different guy!
I only did five nominations this time, because I already did one of these posts before and most of the people I know have already been nominated… Sorry if I nominated someone that has already done this before, feel free to ignore it or pass it on to someone else!! Also I wanna say thanks again to Shojo for nominating me for this award, it was really sweet of you to think of me!!
31 thoughts on “So I’ve Kinda Been Nominated for a Versatile Blogger Award…Anime Edition!!”
First, congrats on the award.
Second, glad to see another PoT fan on here. Although, Tezuka, Momoshiro, Fuji, Kaido, Kikumaru, Oishi, Inui and Kawamura won’t like that you’ve forgotten them. XD
Third…I’m going to tie you down and force you watch all of Yu Yu Hakusho!! Food and drinks will be provided. XD
LOL Thanks NEETaku!! YES!! I’m bringing all the PoT fans to the yard!! LMAO I’m sorry guys, I didn’t mean to forget your names, but your faces will always live on in my heart *cue sappy music*
OOOOH, you’re gonna tie me down, eh? I can deal with that as long as you have high quality snacks and what kind of drinks are we talking here? These questions need answers!!
Pocky, Ramune, Doritos and burgers. How does that sound?
I approve of these snacks, all I need now is a Dr. Pepper and I’m yours lol
* Grabs some 12 packs of Dr Pepper..*
*gets ready for a night of YuYu Hakusho*
I laughed so hard. I mean, you’re right; DiaLovers is basically cringe comedy. <3
Also, THANK YOU; you are also lovely to chat with!! (*´꒳`*)
LOL DiaLovers is the best comedy anime of our lifetime!! It gave us such endearing epithets, such as “Little B****” and “Pancake”… ah what every little girl dreams about!
Heck yeah, we def have to chat more, I’ve been kind of AWOL but you are so funny and sweet!!
Congratulations on the award!! :3
AWWWWW Thank you so much!! 🙂
First, congratulations on the award!
And second, I also have a hard time finishing some anime, no matter how good it is. Like, the last one I finished that was more than twelve episodes was either Attack on Titan or Steins;Gate, I can’t remember which.
Aww thank you!!
*lets out a sigh of relief* I’m so glad I’m not the only one! LOL it’s hard work keeping up with anime nowadays. I still need to watch Steins;Gate! LOL I’m pretty sure it was Haikyuu for me, I tend to stick to short anime series, since I know I’ll never finish them 😛
Big congrats, Naja! You totally deserve this award.
Awww *hug* thanks Arria!! 😀
Congrats on the award! PoT was my first sports anime too. I don’t know how I endured the terrible animation of those first episodes but it was worth it.
Thanks, D!! 😀 Woot! Another PoT fan!!
LOL I’m with you there I looked back at a few eps before I wrote this and I was like, wow…
You should get all the anime awards! You’re the anime blogger in my head 😋 I’m so behind in anime I can barely still call myself a fan anymore. I just had grandiose plans and lists of things I want to watch. I will say you were the first person to pique my interest in any otome game…ah what game was it?! I can’t say “the one with the really pretty guy” because that’s all of them lol. I wrote it down 😊
LOL if only, I am the worst at keeping up with anime, though I love it dearly! So we’re definitely in the same boat there. My Must Watch list honestly scares me, it just get’s longer and longer!
*rubs hands together* excellent LOL Ah, let’s see was it the Demo for Wicked Love? XD if you said, “the one with the really pretty guy” I’d send you my backlog and say, “there ya go, have fun” LOL
Mine, too! Not only must watch, but must complete, though I should probably give up on InuYasha lol.
It was!! I think he was more goth than the other pretty boys, and I was like “Hm, oh really?” LOL.
LOL you can skip to the end on Inuyasha and not miss much at all!
hmmm let’s see maybe Sebastian, with the long blonde hair?
Long blondish hair sounds like my thing! Sesshomoru anyone ♥♥♥
Yup that’s the one! OMG I just realized he kind of is like Sesshomaru!!
I knew I was going to spell his name wrong lol! I love him, but I haven’t watched enough InuYasha to have the spelling burned into my brain :p All I need to know is he super beautiful, arrogant, silver haired, strong, kind of evil, and that’s totally my type ♥♥♥
Congratulations on more awards! You’re killing it! I loved this particular anime edition, though I’m sad that you haven’t seen all of Yu Yu Hakusho, one of my favorites. Though that’s just my opinion, not facts, haha.
Awww thanks Panda!! *hugs* I’m trying to make this place great the best way I know how LOL!
I’ll watch it I promise, NEETaku threatened to kidnap me and force me to watch so I’d better hurry up and get on that 😛
Haha, watch it if you desire. I love Yu Yu Hakusho and have rewatched it just a few years ago, so it’s not just nostalgia, haha. I just mention it because you specifically mention not watching it. So yea, facts. 😛
LOLOL I saw an episode or two years ago when it was on toonami, but it never stuck and I never thought to go back and watch it, but everyone loves it so it must be worth it!