Edit (11/26): The Kickstarter for this game was successful at meeting its funding goal. The final funding amount was $42,039 with 1,721 backers! The game now has a tentative release date of 2017!
I saw this Kickstarter campaign a week or two ago, but I was too busy to actually sit down and do a write up for it… So, it’s 6AM and I just happened to have a bit of time before work to bang this post out for you guys!! Well, enough about me, this time I’m covering the upcoming fantasy romance mobile visual novel from Nix Hydra Games, The Arcana!!
The Arcana is an fantasy/romance visual novel based on the Tarot!
You, the player, are an apprentice magician with a gift for fortune-telling. Left in possession of an unusually enchanted Tarot deck, you must navigate intrigue, murder, magic… and perhaps a few saucy encounters.
- Protagonist (Name Changeable) is the apprentice of a local fortune teller, Asra. One day, Asra sets out for another one of his journeys, entrusting his prized Tarot deck to the protagonist…
- Nadia is a widowed Countess and a stunning beauty. The Countess has prophetic dreams, however, after seeing a particularly troubling dream she seeks out the aid of the protagonist…
- Julian is a former doctor a fugitive out for revenge. He comes to the shop in search of the protagonist’s master, Asra.
- Asra is a mysterious travelling fortune teller and the protagonist’s master. Before setting out on another journey he leaves the protagonist with a set of Tarot cards.
Currently the game is set for a mobile (Android/IOS) release, in the mobile version each route will be added periodically (bi-weekly) for roughly $2.oo each. However, if funded the developers will also release a PC version of the game ($$$) that will have the all routes unlocked without additional purchases. However, the PC version will have the same route release schedule as the mobile version!
- Three character routes (w/ the potential for additional future routes)
- A diverse cast of characters each with their own branching stories that add to the overall narrative of the game.
- Protagonist Customization; decide the gender of the protagonist
- There are various unique endings
- There are a mix of timed and untimed responses, for a more immersive game play experience.
- Original artwork
- beautiful illustrations/CGs
Upon it’s release the game will be available for Android and IOS, but everyone who supports at any of the Kickstarter tiers will have access to the PC version of the game!! The tentative release date is set for 2017! Currently the game has $8,702 of it’s $30,000 campaign goal with 275 Backers! The campaign will run until November 20th, 2016!
There are download links for the Android and IOS app, right there on the Kickstarter page, as of right now only the prologue is available, so if you are still on the fence about the game or just want to see what the game has to offer give it a try.
So PLEASE check out the Kickstarter campaign, HERE, and lend your support. There are still 13 days left and they are currently at $8,702 and every little bit helps! I can’t wait for the finished project when it is released early next year. The various price tiers come with some nice goodies so definitely check them out!
If you can’t help out monetarily, SHARE this post or the Kickstarter page on social media and spread the word! As always THANK YOU for reading!!!