Edit (2/6): The Kickstarter for this game was successful at meeting its funding goal. The final funding amount was $8,033 with 269 backers! The game now has a tentative release date of TBA!
It’s 2017 and with it comes the promise of new games and brand new Kickstarter campaigns!! If you all will remember back to September when I covered Aeon Dream Studio’s KS campaign for their Deluxe Edition of their debut supernatural romance visual novel, Mystic Destinies: Serendipity of Aeons, I mentioned that they were also planning on launching a KS campaign for a sequel called, Mystic Destinies: Echoes. Well I am excited to announce that today marks the first day of the campaign!!
I absolutely LOVE Mystic Destinies: Serendipity of Aeons, and I have been stalking ADS relentlessly on social media for months since they first announced their plans to write a sequel! I am super stoked for this game because not only does it let you romance the villains from MDSOA, but it also features a gorgeous sun kissed protagonist!!
Echoes is a dark fantasy epic and the planned sequel to MDSOA that will feature a new protagonist, Aurelia, and a new set of love interests (the antagonists from the first game). The sequel will take the foundation laid by MDSOA to create a brand new, improved gaming experience with a much more polished storyline.
Become Aurelia, a rare winged Sylph of Avalon who makes her living as an information broker in the red light district of Yoru. Despite Aurelia’s job, she prefers to live her life as peasefully ast possible- unless there’s an adventure involved. In her past lie many exploits, some so old they’re nearly forgotten, and some so fresh sge can still feel the chills. But there’s one Aurelia cannot forget. One that has come back to haunt her.
-Abridged Synopsis (Aeon Dream Studios)
Okay, so I don’t know about you guys, but when I was playing Mystic Destinies: Serendipity of Aeons, I couldn’t help but notice how really, ridiculously good looking the antagonists were, I mean, wow, evil never looked so sexy! But, even beyond their appearances, Aeon Dream Studios gave each one of the villains unique personalities and well developed backstories, so I am excited to get to the chance to delve into their stories a bit more in the sequel!
Aureila is the protagonist of Mystic Destinies: Echoes. She is a tough street smart Sylph and an information broker in the Mercurius Market. Aurelia desperately wants to live a peaceful life, but there are things in her past that threaten to destroy the life she has built for herself.
- Iulius Caro is a ruthless and prideful man who will stop at nothing to see that he and the rest of the Dark Phoenixes are accepted by the magical community. His past is riddled with pain and suffering.
- Katsunosuki Kaseima is the former leader of the Ryu Clan. After falling from grace, Katsunosuki spends his days indulging in worldly pleasures.
- Cillian was once a loyal knight, but after making one mistake, he lost both his title and everything he ever knew. What’s left for a knight without purpose?
- Junichi Okura is a charismatic information broker and hacker in the Mercurius Market. Jun is not above using less than savory means to get what he wants out of others.
- Naoki Okura is a stoic knowledge seeker in the Mercurious Market, who has trouble expressing his emotions. Unlike, Jun, he is much more reserved, but beneath his calm exterior lie some deep emotions.
- The game will feature a similar GUI to that of MDSOA, but with some subtle improvements.
- In addition to the individual routes, Mystic Destinies Echoes will feature a new common route to help get players acclimated to the story/characters and expand the overall gameplay.
- The overall game will contain roughly 15-25 hours of gameplay, with FIVE love interests, each with their own branching plotlines.
- Mystic Destinies Echoes is a standalone sequel, with it’s own original story.
- Original characters and illustrations
- There will be even more original backgrounds, CGs, and character sprites.
- Original characters and illustrations
- The game also features an original soundtrack!!
This will be a commercial release, the estimated retail cost of the game is $14.99, but by pledging at the $10 level, you all can snag a copy of the game at a discount (there are a limited number of slots). Upon it’s release the game will be available for Windows, Mac, Linux, and Steam! The tentative release date is set for Spring 2017, in the event of unforseen production delays MSE will be released no later than Summer 2017! The Campaign Goal is $7,200 and the KS will run until February 4th, 2017!
So PLEASE check out the Kickstarter campaign, HERE, and lend your support. There are still 22 days left for the campaign and every little bit helps! The various price tiers come with some nice goodies so definitely check them out! I’ve already made my pledge, and I can’t wait for the finished project when it is released.
You can also contact Aeon Dream Studios on Social Media through the following channels:
If you can’t help out monetarily, SHARE this post or the Kickstarter page on social media and spread the word! As always THANK YOU for reading!!!