I’m still getting used to my work schedule so, I’ve been sitting on this nomination for about a week now… But, last week I saw that the wonderful Remyfool over at The Lily Garden had nominated me for a Liebster Award! First, I want to say thank you so much for thinking about me!!! Remy runs an amazing yuri blog, it’s like a one stop shop of all things yuri! From anime reviews to manga to yuri-centric visual novels, The Lily Garden is a paradise for fans the genre!!
I was nominated for this award back in June by another blogger so if you want to see that post click…. HERE! So why bother writing another Liebster Award post if you already did it? Uhhh the questions are different… I kid, no the real reason is because there has been enough time between the first nomination and this one to justify writing another post…
So what is a Liebster Award? Well, it’s an award that typically recognizes up and coming bloggers, by helping others discover new blogs and facilitate community building.
How does one get it? In order to receive a Liebster Award, you must be nominated by a fellow blogger.
Here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and answer the 11 questions they’ve written for you.
- Nominate 11 people and give them 11 different questions to answer.
So, here are my answers to the 11 questions Remyfool came up with!!
1. When (if ever) you wear a dress shirt, do you ever tuck it into your pants / skirt?
LOL, dress shirts are the bane of my adult existence! I only ever bother wearing them for interviews or networking events and they drive me crazy the whole time. But, I digress, *ahem* I tuck my shirts in, however it’s up to them whether or not they stay like that…
2. What’s your favorite anime ED?
That’s a very good question, most people ask about OPs… Well the first one that comes to mind is the first ED from Naruto Shippuden, Nagareboshi ~Shooting Star~ by Home Made Kazoku. I dunno, that song has always stuck with me over the years, it was even my ringtone once upon a time. But, every time I hear this song I get this hopeful feeling, like everything will be okay…
Runner up would be the ED from Lovely Complex, Kiss ~Kaerimichi no Love Song~ by Tegomass…
3. What’s your favorite fruit?
Devil fruit… I kid! My favorite fruit are apples, specifically yellow apples! Why yellow apples specifically? Well, when I had braces they were the only apples I could eat without breaking my brackets. So, even though it has been years since I ditched the braces, I still only really like yellow apples.
4. Do you often skip breakfast?
Not on purpose… only if I sleep late or get caught up doing something important…
5. Which fast-food joint do you avoid at all costs?
Does Dominos count?! After that video surfaced a few years ago about those employees that were tampering with people’s food, I’ve avoided the place completely! I don’t care how cheap their pizza is, I’ll eat Papa Johns or Pizza Hut…. anything but Dominos!
6. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
Uh, telepathy… 🙂
7. What’s your favorite band / music artist / music circle?
I don’t really have a favorite band, but I do really like Corinne Bailey Rae and Janelle Monae…
8. If you could outlaw any holiday, which one would it be and why?
Columbus Day… I refuse to celebrate a man a man who stole land and murdered an entire group of people…
9. When was the last time you went trick-or-treating?
Junior year of undergrad… I did the trick or treat on Embassy Row in Washington, DC and let me just say the embassies are very generous!
10. Quality or quantity?
11. Would you rather be the funniest person in the room or the most intelligent?
Uh… the funniest. Being the most intelligent person in the room seems kind of isolating. But I guess it depends on the setting…
Here are my nominations:
- Tomey from Otomesweetheart
- Laramie Castiel from Purple Nurple Wonderland
- Rayz from MirrorPurple
- Weekend Otaku from The Weekend Otaku Blog
- Karin from Otome Tantei
I’m not doing the full 11 because most people have already been nominated before and I’m having a brain fart… So, if you see this post and think, “Gee whiz, I wish I were nominated for this award…” Consider yourself nominated and write a post!!!
- What is your favorite game console?
- If you could meet one famous person (living or dead) who would it be?
- Name one manga/anime that you absolutely hated?
- If you won a lot of money (the amount doesn’t matter) what are the five things you’d spend the money on first?
- What’s your favorite quote?
- Fill in the blank: When I grow up I want to be a ____________!
- What’s the one thing you can’t live without?
- What’s your favorite movie of all time?
- If there was a fire, would you save five strangers or one family member?
- Sam Winchester or Dean Winchester?
- What’s your favorite shape?
So that is my Liebster Award post! Thank you guys for all of your kind words and support these past months! You guys really motivate me to do my best and I am so glad to know each and everyone of you! As always, THANK YOU FOR READING!!!