Edit (10/29): The Kickstarter for this game was successful at meeting its funding goal. The final funding amount was €13,823 from 224 backers! The game now has a tentative release date of 2017!
For once I was ahead of the game with one of these Kickstarter campaign posts! I actually found out about this campaign before the release, but don’t get too used to this, I don’t know if I can make a habit of being on time with these things. 😛 This time I’m covering the upcoming commercial visual novel from Träumendes Mädchen, called Chronotopia!!
Chronotopia is an upcoming commercial visual novel with a few features common in point and click games. The game borrows elements from the French fairytale, Donkeyskin by Charles Perrault.
In Chronotopia, you incarnate a soul who recently found their way in Purgatory. The soul has to find the memories of their previous life again, otherwise they’ll be damned. You’re assisted by a mysterious young girl who has the power to travel through lost worlds –the uchronia, which are actually rewritings of fairytales. During your journey in the fairytale world, you will witness events that can grant the soul fragments of their buried memories. The number of fragments you collect will affect the fate of the soul.
In Chronotopia, you play as a wayward soul that must travel the fairytale world in search of your past memories. Along the way you meet various characters and experience several events that prove crucial to restoring your memories.
- Lsy is a mysterious woman you meet in Purgatory, who assists you on your quest. She acts as your guide, but her true intentions remain unknown.
- Kionna is a young princess, who’s crazed father attempts to wed following the death of his first wife (her mother). She is the unfortunate princess from the Donkeyskin fairytale.
- Nahima is the protector and friend of Kionna. She finds herself torn between her loyalty to the princess and her duty to the reigning king when he suddenly announces his intent to marry his daughter.
- The Fairy is a magical woman who offers to help Kionne escape her ill-fated marriage, but at a price.
- The King is Kionne’s father. After the death of his wife he goes mad and he attempts to marry his own daughter.
- A branching story with various endings
- Choose to save the protagonists or doom them to a tragic fate.
- Original artwork, backgrounds, and character sprites
- Special animated backgrounds
- Extensive use of RenPy 3D camera
- An original soundtrack
- The ability to explore the various environments in the game freely
Since the developers are not native English speakers, the funds from the Kickstarter campaign will be used to help create an English version of the game. Upon it’s release the game will be available for Windows, Mac, and Linux! The tentative release date is set between May 2017! Currently the game has €183.00 (and rising) of it’s €13,600 ($15,241) campaign goal with 2 Backers! The campaign will run until October 28th, 2016!
There are download links for the PC version of the demo, right there on the Kickstarter page, so if you are still on the fence about the game or just want to see what the game has to offer give it a try.
So PLEASE check out the Kickstarter campaign, HERE, and lend your support. There are still 29 days left and every little bit helps! I can’t wait for the finished project when it is released early next year. The various price tiers come with some nice goodies so definitely check them out! As of this writing, the €15 Early Bird Tier is still open, so don’t hesitate to check that out if you want the game at a discounted price!
You can also contact them on Social Media through the following channels:
If you can’t help out monetarily, SHARE this post or the Kickstarter page on social media and spread the word! As always THANK YOU for reading!!!