Edit (9/23): The Kickstarter for this game was successful at meeting its funding goal and the game was successfully Greenlit for Steam. The final funding amount was $2,969 with 111 backers! The game now has a tentative release date of January 2017!
So as usual, I’m a day late and a dollar short with yet another Kickstarter campaign! This time around I’m covering the upcoming steampunk fantasy visual novel developed by GB Patch, A Foretold Affair! I literally came across this Kickstarter campaign a day or two ago and I am ashamed to admit that there are only a handful of days left (the campaign ends Sept 16th).
Of all of the Kickstarter campaigns I’ve covered so far this year, this quite possibly one of the most unique. I really hope that this project reaches it’s funding goal, because this is a very intriguing story idea.
A Foretold Affair takes place in a world in which society is divided between that of the Abnormals (those with special abilities) and the Normals (those without). The games protagonist, Buffalo Seer, is Abnormal who’s special ability allows them to see the future. However, even among Abnormals this power is uncommon and those that posses it are advised against using it. Undeterred, Seer decides to peer into their own future and what they find changes their life forever.
The vision of the future that Seer foretold, leads them on a journey far from home as they attempt to make the future a reality.
In addition to the protagonist there are three potential love interests and a handful of supporting characters!
- Buffalo Seer (not pictured) is the protagonist of the game and an Abnormal with the ability to see into the future. Their appearance and mannerisms draw considerable from Normals over the course of their journey. The player can decide on Seer’s “Normal” name and gender.
- Kea is a young undercover police officer and a bit of a talker. While technically the leader of the group, Kea uncomfortable with their new role.
- Piper is a mapmaker and item collector on holiday in the capital city. She is the upbeat second in command, whose levelheadedness is seen as an asset to the group.
- Janurary is a Duke who lives with the burden of his families legacy on his shoulders. At first he is extremely anxious around the others having lived a sheltered life prior to the events of the game. But, as the story progresses he becomes more outgoing.
- Three potential love interest (one male, one female, one agender)
- Customizable features for the protagonist:
- Choosing the name and pronouns (he, she, or they)
- Player’s ability to decide the fates of the characters through immersive choices and selections.
- 20 beautiful CG images, 25 gorgeous background locations
- Almost 40 minutes of original music
- Extra unlockable scenes
There are a set of Stretch Goals that will expand the scope of the game if met. Some of the expanded features include additional CGs, Underwear mode, partial/full voice acting, and much more… Upon it’s release the game will be available for Windows, Mac, and Linux! Please keep in mind that this game is a commercial release, but you can pre-order the game for $13 on Kickstarter at the Companion tier! The tentative release date is set for January 2017! Currently the game has achieved $1,145 of it’s $1,500 campaign goal! The campaign will run until September 16th 2016!
There are download links for the PC version of the demo, right there on the Kickstarter page and on GB Game’s itch.io page! So if you are still on the fence about the game or just want to see what the game has to offer give it a try.
So PLEASE check out the Kickstarter campaign, HERE, and lend your support every little bit helps! The various price tiers come with some nice goodies so definitely check them out!
You can also contact them on Social Media through the following channels:
- Twitter for daily updates
- Facebook for multiple weekly updates
- Tumblr Blog for weekly updates
- WordPress Site for more information about the game
If you can’t help out monetarily, SHARE this post or the Kickstarter page on social media and spread the word! As always THANK YOU for reading!!!