Idea Factory International announced during New Game Plus Expo that the otome visual novel game Birushana™: Rising Flower of Genpei will be launching physically and digitally for the Nintendo Switch™ on June 28 in North America and on July 1 in Europe. The Limited Edition and the Opening Movie Trailer also premiered during the NGPX showcase stream. Fans get an exclusive trading card when they pre-order the Limited Edition on the IFI Online Store!
Pre-orders will open later for the Limited Edition, which includes:
- Birushana: Rising Flower of Genpei Game (Switch)
- Collector’s Box
- Steel Game Case
- Official Hardcover Art Book
- Ballad of the Rising Flower (2-Disc Set)
- 2 Audio Dramas (with link to digital translation)
- Official Soundtrack
- 5 Card Double-Sided Bromide Set
- Reversible Cover Sleeve
- Exclusive Trading Card
In Europe, a Day One Edition will launch alongside the Limited Edition with details to be announced at a later date.
About Birushana: Rising Flower of Genpei
Fifteen years after the Heiji Rebellion, the Heike clan has reached the height of its power, while the Genji clan remains devastated by defeat. Hidden deep within the mountains of Kurama lives Shanao, the youngest surviving male heir to the Genji name. However, Shanao harbors a deep secret known by very few.
The youngest heir to the Genji name is no man.
Torn between her duty to live up to the Genji family name and her desire to live a peaceful life, Shanao sets off to take down the Heike stronghold and finally bring peace in the country. Her adventure leads her to find new cherished relationships, as well as something deeper than the feud between the rivaling clans.
Birushana: Rising Flower of Genpei Features:
- The Object of My Affection – Five potential routes will reveal different elements of Shanao’s story and relationships. Once you’ve decided on your route, maintain your Affection Level to get up close and personal with someone…
- Testing My Abilities – Shanao possesses 3 Character Abilities: Strength, Knowledge, and Kindness. As you progress, Shanao will have to make pin-point decisions that will directly affect her abilities. The key is to find an equal balance for all 3 abilities. Too high or low of any ability can trigger a bad outcome!
- Catch My Love – The Love Catch system allows players to gauge how their choices affect a character’s Affection Level and Shanao’s three Character Abilities of Strength, Knowledge, and Kindness in real time. Keep a close tab on Affection and Character Ability levels to reach a true ending!
- Take Another Stab – After completing a chapter, players can revisit it and manipulate the Affection Levels and Character Abilities. If you feel Shanao is headed down the wrong path, replay the chapter and get back on track!
- Title: Birushana™: Rising Flower of Genpei
- Console: Nintendo Switch™
- Release Date: NA – June 28, 2022
- Europe – July 1, 2022
- Release Format: Digital, Physical
- Developer: IDEA FACTORY / RED
- Publisher: Idea Factory International
- Genre: Otome Visual Novel
- Player(s): 1
- Voiceover option(s): Japanese
- Language format: English Subtitles
- ESRB/PEGI/USK/ACB: T/12/12/????