Hey there Blerdy Tribe, is it just me or did this month kind of breeze by? But, I suppose when you’re going on 7 months of staying at home the days and months kind of blend together.
August marked the 5th Anniversary of this blog and for those of you that have been around since my Nice Job Breaking It, Hero days, I just want to say THANK YOU for sticking with me for so long! It has been one hell of a journey and I couldn’t have done it without the love and support of all you wonderful folks out there. You guys are the real MVPs here!
We’re kicking off September and the end of my 20’s, but before we tackle that, lets take a bit to look back at the month of August here on Blerdy Otome!!
Favorite August Posts
Couldn’t think of a game on my own so I turned to twitter and as always, you guys came through! Thanks to everyone who participated, I really loved seeing your picks! There was a nice mix of suggestions—some of the games I had played, some I hadn’t, but I decided to go with Meg’s (@PearlyShelves) choice—Lost in Secular Love. For those of you that aren’t familiar with the game, Lost in Secular Love is a chinese otome game developed by Yetu Games. In the game you play as Qiye, the daughter of a noble family that has fallen on hard times. Not wanting you to suffer, your mother sends you to a local temple in hopes of marrying one of the monks there, Zhi Kong.
Can you believe I’ve been blogging for five years?! I’ve come a long way since my Nice Job Breaking It Hero days and while I’m always looking towards the future, every now and again I like to take a look back and reflect on my past. So this year I’m going to share some of my favorite posts from every year I’ve been blogging!!
Kicking things off with 2015! I was just getting my start back then and I didn’t really have a “style” so to speak, so I just kinda wrote whatever popped into my head… with some interesting results.
Blog Posts from August
- Thrifty Gaming: Games That Won’t Blow Your Budget #61
- Thrifty Gaming: Games That Won’t Blow Your Budget #62
- Thrifty Gaming: Games That Won’t Blow Your Budget #63
- The Light at the End of the Ocean Game Review
- Melanin Friendly Game – ‘Lake of Voices’
- Love Spell: Written in the Stars Game Review – Love at the Flick of a Pen
- Cherry Magic!: Thirty Years of Virginity Can Make You a Wizard?! – Vol. 1 BL Manga Review
- Coyote Vol. 1 BL Manga Review – ‘Romeo and Juliet’ with a supernatural twist
- RePlay BL Manga Review – Cute Boys Who Love Each Other and Baseball
- Look Ma, I’m in a Podcast! – Fangirl Trash Can Podcast Episode 1
- Submit Questions for the Blerdy Otome 5th Anniversary Q&A
- Super Happy Love Award: Better Late than Never! 🙂
- Blerdy Otome 5th Anniversary – Fave Posts of 2016
- 5 Women of Color Lead Indie Games You Should Be Playing
- Polling the #OtomeArmada: Where Do You Play Otome Games?
Instagram Fave Post
Of all my social media accounts, Instagram is where I’m most active. So, here is my favorite Instagram post from August!
From Around the Reader
I’ve been taking time out to read posts from my fellow bloggers here on WordPress and these are some of the posts that I most enjoyed this month!! I highly recommend giving each of these posts a read and maybe check out some of their other posts as well!
Is Anime Childish? – The Animanga Spellbook (Aria)
J-Horror and Japanese Folklore: The Image of the Onryo [OWLS Blog Tour August 2020: Folklore] – That Baka Dale (Dale)
Best Webtoons – MangaOtakuu (Mangaotakuu)
R-A-G: Ex-Girlfriend and Girlfriend Review/Recap – Blerdy Otaku (Blerdy Otaku)
[OTOME CURIOSITIES] LET’S TALK ABOUT OTOME LOCALISATION – ときめきレイジーライフ (Billy)
Follow Blerdy Otome!