Hey hey guys not even my busted laptop could keep me from telling you guys about the kickstarter campaign for Ebullience Games’s upcoming murder mystery English otome game, Masquerade Killer! This isn’t Ebullience’s first foray into the world of otome games, but there newest title promises to add a bit of spice the genre, besides who doesn’t like a good mystery?
I’ve been following the production of this game for awhile, and I am super excited for it, so I’ll be doing my best to boost it throughout the campaign. This looks like it’s going to be a fantastic game, but if you still need a bit of convincing, I’m going to do a rundown of all the great features the team has in store for you guys in the full version of the game. The kickstarter campaign for Masquerade Killer will run until August 9th, 2017!
The Masquerade Killer is a mystery, historical romance visual novel set in London during the Victorian era. Uncover the truth behind the murder of a young aristocrat by interacting with allies and potential enemies.
As a member of an underground organization that specializes in dirty work for whoever can afford it, Elvira has long been used to having to fulfill all sort of odd tasks, illegal or not.
Elvira’s most recent mission requires her to solve a murder mystery of a Marquess’s daughter – by posing as the deceased lady, whom Elvira bears a striking resemblance to, until she manages to lure out the killer or unravel the truth.
Along the way Elvira might just discover much more than a masked murderer…
–Synopsis (Ebullience Games)
In the past, Ebullience Games has been known for their unique romantic options in their visual novels and Masquerade Killer is no different. Players can purse male, female, and non-binary romantic options.
- Elvira is a protagonist unlike what you’d expect in a romance visual novel. Raised from a young age by a secret underground organization, Elvira is more than capable of holding her own against any foe. She is cold and detached… perfect for a woman in her line of work.
- Julius is exactly what you’d expect a man of his station to be, handsome, charming, and of course filthy rich! However, like most elites he can be a bit arrogant, but can you blame the guy, he’s a Duke! He was engaged to the victim.
- Seth is Elvira’s partner and fellow member of the unnamed organization. Though he has been with the organization far longer than Elvira, he still retains a cheerful personality.
- August is an easygoing Earl, who doesn’t much care for all the pomp and circumstance of his status. They much prefer participating in much more relaxing pastimes.
- Charlotte runs the orphanage from which the organization secures most of their new recruits. She is attempting to end the partnership with the organization, but will doing so create more problems than it solves?
- An expansive visual novel experience with HOURS of gameplay and features!!
- FOUR Love Interests to pursue: 2 male, 1 female, and 1 Non-Binary
- There will be 100 CHOICES throughout the game that will effect the course of the story and Elijah’s fate!
- Three endings per route; TWELVE ENDINGS TOTAL
- Gorgeous original artwork
- 20 unique sprites
- Main character sprites will have multiple poses AND outfit changes
- Basic sprite animation (blinking, etc.)
- 36 Beautiful CGs
- NINE CGs per route
- 26 Custom Backgrounds
- 20 unique sprites
- An Original Soundtrack
This will be a commercial release, but by pledging at the S$14 ($10 USD) level, you all can snag a copy of the game for a discounted price. Upon it’s release the game will be available for Windows, Mac, Linux and Steam. The Campaign Goal is $3,204 and will run until August 9th, 2017!
There are download links for the PC version of the demo, HERE! The demo will give you guys a good idea of what to expect in the final version of the game, so if you are still on the fence about The Masquerade Killer or just want to see what the game has to offer give it a try.
So PLEASE check out the Kickstarter campaign, HERE, and lend your support. There is still time left for the campaign and every little bit helps! The various price tiers come with some nice goodies so definitely check them out!
You can also contact Ebullience Games on Social Media through the following channels:
If you can’t help out monetarily, SHARE this post or the Kickstarter page on social media and spread the word! As always THANK YOU for reading!!!