Edit (12/3): The Kickstarter for this game was successful at meeting its funding goal. The final funding amount was $15,659 with 513 backers ! The game now has a tentative release date of 2017!
Since today is Election Day here in the good old U.S. of A, I decided to bring you all a very special Kickstarter Campaign to get you all in the political mood! I will admit that when I saw this campaign last week, I thought they were pulling my leg, but to my surprise the whole thing is legit! So on this very special Election Day, I bring you the Kickstarter Campaign for Robert W. Amster’s political satire dating sim, Grand Old Academy!
Yes, ya’ll, a visual novel that lets you date the 2016 Republican Presidential Candidates! Oddly enough, this is one of those things I never thought I needed, but now that it’s here I can’t imagine my life with out it! I only have one question… okay well two…
- Why has no one tried to do something like this before?
- Will there be a sequel for the Democratic Presidential Candidates?
But, I think I’m getting ahead of myself a bit… Grand Old Academy will be a free to play PC dating sim, but they still need your help to get the ball rolling!
Grand Old Party is a light-hearted, satirical visual novel in the style of Japanese otome games, but with a distinctly political twist… Instead of dating a group of good looking ikemen, you can now pursue politicians!! But, not just any old politicians, nope, you can finally live out your wildest fantasies by choosing to romance the 2016 Republican Presidential Candidates!
Can love bloom on the debate stage?
You are Mori America, a Japanese transfer student entering Grand Old Academy, a prestigious private high school in the United States. You arrive just in time to watch the first round of the debate club championship, the most anticipated and important event of the school year. As you start to befriend seven of the debaters, you realize that there may be more to them than what they show on the stage… and that they’re all eligible bachelors.
As the field of competitors narrows, the tension rises and conflicts begin to boil over. Loyalties will be tested, friendships shattered, and alliances dissolved. But throughout the chaos, one thing remains steadfast as a constant beacon of hope: teen romance.
As you can see all of the pursuable love interests are based on the real life 2016 Republican Presidential Candidates. Follow transfer student, Mori America, as she navigates though her first year at her new school, and maybe she’ll even find love along the way…
- Marco is the hottest guy at Grand Old Academy, his stunning good looks have all the ladies at GOA falling at his feet. But, once you look belond the glitz and the glam, Marco’s perfectly polished appearance doesn’t really hold up very well. Who is the real Marco, behind the practiced smile?
- Rand is a reserved intellectual guy and a bit of a stick in the mud. He is extremely tight lipped about his life, and he doesn’t really have many close friends or confidants. But, when he starts talking about politics, Rand becomes completely different person… much more passionate!
- Jeb is the type to wear his heart on his sleeve, which makes him the perfect target for some of the more cutthroat individuals at GOA. He is a GOA legacy student, but he often has trouble living up to the expectations of his family and friends.
- Ben is a mild mannered Pre-med student with strong religious convictions and a gentle heart. His slow, calm demeanor often leads others to believe that he is always half asleep…
- Ted is the guy on campus that nobody likes, there’s just something not quite right about the guy…He’s calculating and conniving, with no qualms about using people to get what he wants. But, is there something more to this hateful man?
- John is… utterly unremarkable in every way…
- Donald is a riddle wrapped in an enigma. His unique brand of politics has polarized the student body of GOA, some out right hate the guy, while others are drawn to his charismatic charm. Whether you love him or hate him, Trump will definitely have you talking about him…
- Seven potential love interests
- Each romanceable love interest comes with their own unique endings (three in total)
- There will be 25 Endings in total
- 3 for each character, 3 secret ends, 1 true end
- There are 10 unique endings
- Original artwork and a fantastic soundtrack
- 20 beautifully rendered CG illustrations
- An Achievement system and optimized gameplay for an enhanced replay value
There are a set of Stretch Goals that will expand the scope of the game if met. Some of the expanded features include additional love interests, partial voice acting, and the potential for a mystery secret route. Upon it’s release the game will be available for Windows, Mac, and Linux; but, there are plans to try and have the game greenlit for Steam! Also, if enough money is raised during the campaign, the devs may consider doing a mobile release for the game in the future! The tentative release date is set for 2017! Currently the game has $4,207 of it’s $13,500 campaign goal with 169 Backers! The campaign will run until November 30th, 2016!
There are download links for the PC version of the demo, right there on the Kickstarter page, so if you are still on the fence about the game or just want to see what the game has to offer give it a try.
So PLEASE check out the Kickstarter campaign, HERE, and lend your support. There are still 27 days left and they are currently at $4,207 and every little bit helps! I can’t wait for the finished project when it is released early next year. The various price tiers come with some nice goodies so definitely check them out!
You can also contact them on Social Media through the following channels:
If you can’t help out monetarily, SHARE this post or the Kickstarter page on social media and spread the word! As always THANK YOU for reading!!!