Indie dev, Fiendish Fiction recently launched the Kickstarter campaign for their Otome Jam 2022 boy band romance visual novel, Birds of Paradise! In the vein of Voltage Inc.’s Scandal in the Spotlight, dive into the “glamorous” world of boy bands! Take on the role of an up and coming manager after she is put in charge of eccentric boy band, Birds of Paradise. Will this be the gig of a lifetime or will these boys drive you completely up the wall?
- Indie Otome | Boy Band | Slice-of-Life
- Available on Steam, Windows, Mac, Linux
- Price: $19.99
- Tentative Release: TBD 2023
- Campaign Period: July 26, 2022 to August 25, 2022
This campaign was unsuccessful at reaching its funding goal.
New city, new job, new apartment, new life!
Fresh out of college, Robin thinks she’s hit the jackpot after landing a position as assistant manager to the Birds of Paradise; an upcoming boy band with dreams of making it big. Robin is thrilled to be working with such high-profile clients… though not everything is as glamorous as it first seems.
Disastrously, Robin is left high and dry when her boss unexpectedly quits, leaving the fresh-faced recent grad fully in charge of the band. Robin soon finds herself overwhelmed by the boys’ — ahem — flamboyant personalities.
Left to fend for herself and help the band find success, Robin must navigate constant aggravation as the band members vie for her attention. Still, she can’t help but find them endearing…
To make matters all the more complicated, rival femme fatale rock band the Birds of Prey are constantly trying to steal the boys’ spotlight.
Not only must Robin navigate her relationships with the Birds of Paradise and the Birds of Prey, but she must ensure both she and the band succeed… in life, love, and in the limelight!Official Synopsis
- 20,000+ words
- 10 – 15 backgrounds
- Broad original soundtrack
- One friendship route (Callum)
- One female romance option (Mavis)
- Four male romance options (Jay, Lonan, Lark, Wren)
- Updated character sprites with multiple outfits
- Multiple endings (both good and bad)
- Over 10 unlockable illustrations
- Steamy, sexy romance
- A whole lot of hilarity
Screenshots & Art
Kickstarter Campaign Details
So, the Kickstarter campaign launched on July 25, 2022 and is set to run until August 25, 2022! The campaign goal is $15,000 to help with the production costs of the game!
Why Support the campaign?
- By supporting the campaign you are helping the team fund the production of Birds of Paradise. The current build is a short demo.
- Helping pay staff for all their hard work bringing Birds of Paradise to life!
- Supporters at the $15 tier will receive a digital copy of the PC version of the game! Additional tiers come with nice digital goodies like:
- Digital Wallpapers
- Digital OST
- Birds of Paradise Artbook
- Special Message in-game
- Early Access to Birds of Paradise
- …and more!
More Info on Fiendish Fiction
Fiendish Fiction is an indie game dev studio founded by lifelong friends Terra Babcock and Johan Faulstich. The partnership was formally established as a business in 2020, though the duo has been developing stories together since kindergarten.
- Website: https://www.fiendishfiction.com/
- Itch.io: https://bit.ly/BoP_itch
- Steam: https://bit.ly/BoP_Steam
- Newsletter: https://www.fiendishfiction.com/subscribe
- Twitter: @FiendishFiction
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FiendishFiction
- Instagram: @fiendishfiction
- TikTok: @fiendishfiction