Hey Blerdy Tribe! I recently discovered a new Kickstarter campaign for Salty Hounds a bodyguard indie otome game being developed by Korean game studio, Topping Palette. This looks to be the team’s first game, but I am a sucker for hot bodyguards so I definitely gave the project a good once over and it looks pretty cool!
City 02—a booming metropolis in which mega-corporations and powerful gangs coexist. With invisible power struggle and violent conflicts going on underneath its beautiful skyline, City 02 has become a breading ground for private security contractors (PSCs).
You hurry back home on the news of your father falling ill, and learn that his PSC, Salty Hounds is on the verge of bankruptcy after being pushed out of competition. Now, you must step in and run the company in his place.
But, Yun Noru, the young Chief Security Officer, gets on your nerves from day one, and you have no idea why your childhood friend is being such a jerk.
And that’s not even your biggest concern! For Jung Seha, the head of a rival company, is openly attempting to snatch away all the talents at Salty Hounds.
The only friendly faces are Cha Yujin, the fierce state attorney, and Lee Taemin, the veteran bodyguard.
Can you shape your own fate in a world full of dangers, thrills, and romance?
- Game Available on Steam, Google Play, and App Store
- Available in Multiple Languages: Topping Palette plans to release Salty Hounds in English, Korean, Japanese, and German.
- Visual Novel Gameplay Mode: Get to know the love interests through an immersive branching storyline. Your choices will determine how your story unfolds.
- Explorable the City: Explore City 02 by navigating an interactive, explorable map—visit various places and trigger random encounter the love interests and other characters. You can even invite specific LIs to explore with you. To add a bit of realism, some shops may close early for things like inclement weather and time.
- Dates: On weekends you can spend a bit of one-on-one time with the love interests by asking them out on dates!
- Phone Call System: Occasionally, you will receive phone calls from the love interests. Phone calls will be fully voiced!
The Love Interests
Screenshots & Art
Kickstarter Campaign Details
So, the Kickstarter campaign was launched on July 30th 2021 and is set to run until August 29th 2021! The campaign goal is $20,181 to help with the production costs of the game!
Why Support the campaign?
- By supporting the campaign supporters will receive a digital copy of the PC version of the game along with nice digital goodies like:
- Premium options for the mobile release
- Beta Access to Salty Hounds
- Digital Artbook and/or Digital Fanbook
- Special Phone Call DLC
- If the campaign exceeds it’s goal, the team will add additional features, like:
- Extra in-game events
- Side stories and events with the LIs
- and more…