Hey Blerdy Tribe!! There’s a brand new Kickstarter campaign for the upcoming paranormal mystery visual novel Twin Coves from newbie indie team Wisteria Games, that I just had to share with you all! Twin Coves is a paranormal romance meets murder mystery set in the seaside town of Twin Coves. Step into the shoes of a newbie PI as they investigate a series of supernatural murders plaguing their small seaside hometown.
After nearly a decade away, Morgan Cooper (name changeable) has returned to Twin Coves.
No one knows what made them suddenly leave their job as a journalist in the big city, and they’re intent on keeping it that way. What is clear is that they seem to be a ghost of their former self.
They move in with an old family friend, Gideon Clearwater, a gruff older werewolf and local private investigator. They begin working for him as a glorified secretary, all while doing their best to ignore the events that drove them back home.
Then Gideon dies of a heart attack. With little else to do, they take over his investigation business, Clearwater Investigations, and assume their days will be filled with missing cats and cheating spouses.
However, on their first official day on the job, a dead body is found. And despite assurances from the town’s sheriff, the death bears striking similarities to a case they’re intimately familiar with. The case that drove them home in the first place.
Will they keep their head down and let their fear get the best of them? Or will they face their fears head-on and solve the case? It’s up to you to decide!
But be careful. The deeper they go, the more in danger they are.
Reconnect with people from their past or make some new acquaintances. However, almost everyone has secrets. Even the person they may be developing feelings for.
-Official Game Bio
- A customizable protagonist! Choose your name, gender, and pronouns. Full game will have a character creator as well as two default main character sprites.
- 6 male love interests and possibly 9 if stretch goals are met.
- Multiple endings and even a few dead ends! Choose wisely.
- LGBTQ+ friendly! All romance options are bisexual or pansexual in canon, and one stretch goal romance option, Rook, is demisexual. Many of the side characters are LGBTQ+ as well. Polyamorous routes will also be added if that stretch goal is met.
- Sex-positive romance! Sex happens in Twin Coves and the game has a healthy and progressive attitude towards sex and sexuality. There are multiple opportunities to get into bed with many of the love interests, but the option to have sex before you are locked into a romance route will not affect anyone’s romance. Before the romance routes, all sex scenes are optional, and after that, can be fade to black if you so choose.
- Full game will be approximately 200,000 words and have an approximate 10-hour playtime.
- 25+ CGs!
- Built-in accessibility features like changing text size, line spacing, and switching the font to Open-dyslexic, as well as self-voicing options.
There are six romance options to choose from—with the possibility of nine depending on if the campaign reaches the stretch goals—each with their own subplot to the mystery. The player will also be able to customize their player character—the full game will offer a variety of face shapes, body sizes, skin colors, eye shapes, eye colors, noses, hairstyles, hair colors, and details like glasses, freckles, eyeliner, piercings, etc…
Twin Coves is a LGBTQ+ positive visual novel featuring a cast of bisexual and pansexual characters, the devs also have planned poly romance route options! And of course there is a lot of great diversity—and y’all know how much I love games with great representation.
Screenshots and Art Assets
Kickstarter Campaign Details
So, the Kickstarter campaign was launched October 1st 2021 and is set to run until October 31st 2021! The campaign goal is $16,000 to help with the production costs of the game!
Why Support the campaign?
- Get a digital copy of the game along with nice digital and physical goodies like:
- Twin Coves Roadmap: A Walkthrough
- Annotated Map of Twin Coves
- Twin Coves Artbook
- Illustrated Lore Book
- Design a Side Character
- If the campaign hits the $22,000 stretch goal the devs will add an additional poly route for Wren and Rook.
More Info on the Team
- Official Website: www.wisteriagames.com
- Twitter: @twincovesgame
- Patreon: patreon.com/sammakesart
- itch.io Game Page: wisteriagames.itch.io/twincoves
- Play the Demo: Twin Coves Demo
- Support the Kickstarter Campaign