Genshin Impact and Honkai Impact 3rd developer miHoYo announced that its prime Romance Detective Game— Tears of Themis—hits the global stage today to invite players to solve cases and establish justice through an exhilarating romantic journey in the fictitious city of Stellis. Sign-up for Closed Beta testing are now open until May 6th! The Beta Testing will run between May 8th – May 18th 2021, so be sure to sign up now!
- Genre: Romance Detective
- Platform: iOS and Google Play
- Estimated Release: 2021
- Developer and Publisher: miHoYo
- Languages: English, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Status: Closed Beta Registration: 4/19
- Official Closed Beta Start Date: 5/8
Stellis, a city that rose from the clash of civilizations.
Modern tech has given it its radiant neon lights but also cast long shadows of obscurity. Lately, there has been an abnormal increase in the number of mental illness cases as well as incidents that threaten Stellis’ social security.
Many gentle and good people of Stellis have somehow grown violent and volatile. These incidents may have been recorded, but they are often drowned out in a flood of data.
Yet someone took notice of them and compiled them for detailed analysis…
Codenamed “X-NOTE”, the project aims to peel away layers of obscuring data and reveal the hidden truth beneath.
When all is put on the scales of the law before Lady Justice, you will be the one to weigh their crimes in the balance.
-Synopsis from Official Site
Featuring stunning visual art style and intriguing story, Tears of Themis highlights its’ adventure with romance and wits. The player takes on the role of the female lawyer, who persists on with truth and moral justice when breaking down cases brought to her through Themis Law firm and other encounters. Through questioning witnesses and suspects, conducting investigations on locations, and examining pieces of evidence, the player heads to court for legal battles and brings justice and peace back to the city.
The player’s legal journey is accompanied by four main male characters including Luke Pearce, Marius von Hagen, Vyn Richter, and Arten Wing, who all have their own respective identity, personality, skills, and background. When conducting investigations and solving puzzles with support and assistance from the four characters, the player cultivates relationships and grows with these characters through all kinds of missions. The goal is not only to unveil the secrets of Stellis city but also to learn about their stories and build special connections with the one the player prefers to lean on.
- Japanese CV: Kaji Yuki
- Simplified Chinese CV: Titus Jin
- Traditional Chinese CV: Chen Hung Yu
- Japanese CV: Yuki Kaji
- Korean CV: Kim Jiyul
A professional private investigator who’s always a step behind when it comes to love.
An outgoing private investigator who brings light and hope to everyone around him. He’s able to complete all kinds of jobs without breaking a sweat. Tracking, sniping, combat, tactical driving, and wilderness survival… There’s almost nothing he’s not good at… all except for expressing his love for the girl he grew up with… After reunited after many years of separation, deep down, Luke is still the same old cheery but shy boy.
- Japanese CV: Junichi Suwabe
- Simplified Chinese CV: Zhao Lu
- Traditional Chinese CV: Yin Xiang
- Japanese CV: Junichi Suwabe
- Korean CV: Jang Minhyuck
A top attorney with a 99% win rate.
An attorney who’s rarely ever lost in his entire career. His expertise runs across a wide range of fields, truly a display of his elite status amongst his peers. The standard to which he holds himself to is unimaginable. He only accepts the best effort of himself, never letting up. He can remains calm and logical at all times, which makes him not a big fan of those around him. The media jokingly calls him an emotionless robot defense attorney. Little do they know, this is because Artem has grown used to suppressing his emotions and impulses. No one can even begin to imagine the kind of past he bears…
Marius von Hagen
- Japanese CV: Ishikawa Kaito
- Simplified Chinese CV: Yang Tianx
- Traditional Chinese CV: Chiang Chih Lun
- Korean CV: Han Shin
Heir to a global corporation who yearns for freedom.
An heir to a massive corporation whose ways are always out of the ordinary, and who never follow the rules. Marius has a carefree and rebellious playboy public image, all to hide his true self. This is also the reason why the public doubts whether he is capable of inheriting and leading such a vast family corporation. Born into the epicenter of the struggles of power. Marius grew tired of the endless scheming and politics. It’s an unescapable masquerade ball, and all Marius hopes for is for him to never find his ball partner and let him be the only one that gets sucked into this bottomless abyss.
- Japanese CV: Fukuyama Jun
- Simplified Chinese CV: Jiang Guangtao
- Traditional Chinese CV: Yu Cheng-Shen
- Korean CV: Hwang Changyung
A psychiatrist who can see through all forms of disguises.
A top psychology expert who turned down all kinds of job invitations and decided to become a psychiatrist in Stellis City. He has an elegant vibe and nothing seems to be of challenge to him. Those around him feel at ease and naturally open up to him, displaying their truest self. However, as someone who always observed the volatile human emotions from the outside, Vyn never expected himself to become one with the same emotions.
Features and Mechanics
- Romance with an engaging mystery– As a new attorney at law, how will you solve a series of mysterious cases? Which of the four unique male leads is your destiny?
- Character Stories – Weave your love stories with the man of your dreams. It could be a dream date at the amusement park… or a heart-pumping firefight for survival.
- Video Messages – He is always just a call away. Never miss a beat from him, be it simple text message or an eager video call. Similar to Mystic Messenger you can interact with each of the love interests through voice calls and text messages!
- Detective Work – Reveal hidden details via interrogation and inspection. Gather physical evidence from the crime scene in 3D. Cross-examine and connect clues to uncover the truth.
- Court Trial – Settle a variety of cases in the court of justice, but they all seem to be connected to a conspiracy… Carefully chose your evidence to grant swift justice.
Tears of Themis Closed Beta Details
- Closed Beta Sign-Up Period: April 19 – May 6, 2021 (12:00 GMT +9)
- Closed Beta Period: May 8 – May 18, 2021 (19:00 GMT +9)
- Available Platforms: Android and iOS
- The closed beta is free to 20,000 players who are successful at completing the closed beta registration process through Google Play or the App Store. Participants will be selected at random on May 7th.
- You will need a miHoYo account before the closed beta begins, so make sure you create one! This will serve as your account for the entirety of the closed beta period.
- All closed beta participants will receive a special in-game Insignia and can be claimed when you login to the game when it is officially released.
- For Android users, make sure that you use your Google Play account email when registering. For Apple users please use your Apple ID email.
- Instructions for how to access the closed beta will be sent to all selected participants on May 7.
- If you experience any issues, please contact us at email@example.com for assistance.
Register for Closed Beta on our official website here!
Closed Beta Announcement Trailer
“Tech Otakus Save the World!” Founded in Shanghai in 2012, miHoYo dedicates itself to being a leader in the interactive entertainment industry, with creative content covering games, manga, novels, and more, striving for perfection in all it delivers. miHoYo endeavors to bring its vision to the players of the world, and create a lasting and supportive community
- Official website: http://tot.mihoyo.com
- Twitter: @TearsofThemisEN
- Instagram: @tearsofthemis_en
- Facebook: @tearsofthemis.glb
One thought on “Tears of Themis English Release and Closed Beta Registration Open”
I saw this on tumblr and I was instantly captivated by the art. The story sounds intriguing too. I can’t wait until this finally comes out.