Edit (4/20): The Kickstarter for this game was successful at meeting its funding goal. The final funding amount was $8,502 with 196 backers! The game now has a tentative release date of Late 2017/Early 2018!
Hey hey guys I’m back with yet another Kickstarter campaign! This time around, I’m spotlighting Steamberry Studio’s debut supernatural romance visual novel, Changeling. Ya’ll should remember this game from the demo review I did back in February…
Changeling follows high school senior, Nora Lewis, whose normal life is turned upside down when she finds out that she isn’t exactly human. Meet other supernaturals, learn their secrets, and unravel the mystery surrounding Nora and an incident from her past in this intriguing upcoming OELVN!
Nora Lewis is an adventurous, inquisitive senior at Stone Circle Academy. A self-reliant girl who rarely finds herself at a loss in any situation, her life is upended after she joins a club at school and discovers a secret world of paranormal creatures she didn’t know existed.
Nora learns that her best friend is a Witch and her other club mates are a mixture of Vampires, Werewolves, and Wizards. When the others reveal that she’s not a normal human either Nora feels she’s been thrown down a rabbit hole with little hope of finding her way out again.
While working to uncover the mystery behind several incidents in her past that may be connected to her supernatural origins, Nora begins to realize the secret of her identity may be darker than she thought. But if she can solve her own mysteries, she may be able to salvage a crumbling relationship with her increasingly angry and paranoid twin brother. First, though, she has to stay alive in a paranormal society teeming with danger – with the help of one of six guys, each of whom has his own unique problems to deal with.
–Synopsis (Steamberry Studios)
Nora Lewis is a high school senior who suddenly finds out she’s a not altogether human. She’s a strong willed heroine, who isn’t afraid to speak her mind! Her past may hold the clues to her supernatural origins… or maybe some things are better left in the dark…
- Elliot is a sweet, but awkward young vampire and Nora’s next door neighbor. He became a vampire after being attacked on his way home one evening.
- William is a quiet esper. He keeps others at a distance in order to protect them… But why? Is he hiding something sinister?
- Corvin is a bit of an airhead, but for some reason that doesn’t seem to affect his popularity one bit. Despite his friendly personality, this wizard definitely has his fair share of secrets.
- Marc is a cool vampire and a bit of a jerk… He comes from a long line of vamps and as such can be a bit of an elitist… He’s not an easy guy to get along with.
- Ewan is a a fae, with the unfortunate problem of losing his head… literally! At first glance he looks like he’d be your run of the mill bad boy, but beneath all the leather he’s anything but…
- Danny is a personable werewolf. Sporty, friendly, and easy on the eyes, Danny easily fits into any social circle. He’s rarely seen without a smile on his face and he is quick to lend a hand to anyone in need!
- An expansive visual novel experience with HOURS of gameplay and features!!
- There will be a total of SIX romantic partners, each with their own unique storylines and endings.
- There will be several choices throughout the game that will effect the course of the story and Nora’s fate!
- There are a total of 25 endings
- The game also features an fantastic soundtrack and original artwork!!
- Over 30 beautiful CGS and over 20 unique backgrounds!
- Beautifully rendered character sprites!
This will be a commercial release, but by pledging at the $12 Early Bird level, you all can snag a copy of the game. There are also a set of Stretch Goals that will expand the scope of the game if met. Some of the expanded features include additional CGs in each route, an animated opening/ending, epilogues for each of the main love interests, and much more!! Upon it’s release the game will be available for Windows, Mac, Linux! The tentative release date is set for Late 2017/Early 2018! The Campaign Goal is $7,500 and the KS will run until April 20th, 2017!
At this time there is a demo which can be downloaded from the KS campaign page. The alpha demo covers roughly 30 minutes to an hour of gameplay, but you get a good feel for the mechanics and the characters, so it’s definitely worth checking out!
So PLEASE check out the Kickstarter campaign, HERE, and lend your support. There are still time left for the campaign and every little bit helps! The various price tiers come with some nice goodies so definitely check them out!
You can also contact Steamberry Studios on Social Media through the following channels:
If you can’t help out monetarily, SHARE this post or the Kickstarter page on social media and spread the word! As always THANK YOU for reading!!!