Indie dev, Aikasa Collective recently launched the Kickstarter campaign for their upcoming girls love visual novel, Red Rebellion.
Red Rebellion is a historical fantasy romance set in late medieval England in the 1450s. In this fairy tale mashup Robin Hood teams up with Red Riding Hood to save their town fueling the sparks of rebellion.
- Girls Love | Fantasy | Romance
- Available on PC | Steam
- Demo Available | Tentative Game Release 2024
- Campaign Period: April 25, 2023 to May 25, 2023
Robin is desperate for a hero. Families are starving. Her village is falling apart. The people can’t afford the taxes, and the lords only care about themselves.
She enters Sherwood Forest knowing only one thing: Robin Hood is not real.
Either she waits in vain for a hero who doesn’t exist, or she takes on the mantle of the legendary outlaw. She knows it’ll be dangerous, but she risks death either way
.… TO SPY
Robin is not alone. A witch provides guidance. Red Riding Hood gives her hope.
As more and more choose to join her cause, Robin finds herself at the heart of a burgeoning rebellion. She’s cautious and smart, and brilliant with a bow… but there are so many pieces in play, so many people relying on her.
Who can she trust? What should she risk? Will her plans be enough?
If Robin fails now, how many will die because of her?
In Red Rebellion take on the role of Robin and follows their relationship with Red Riding Hood. While the main focus is on the budding relationship between Robin and Red, the game does feature other side pairings, with a focus on minority voices and LGBTQIA stories.
- Multiple Girl x Girl Couples, Main Couple Focused
- Multiple Choices and Hours of Playtime
- Multiple Character Outfits affect choices
- Two Endings
- Beautifully Illustrated CGs (Two Styles) and BGs
- Original Medieval Soundtrack
- Historical Terms Glossary
- Extras: Music Player, CG Gallery, Character Profiles
- Languages: English Currently
- Accessibility Options: Fonts, Song/SFX Captions, Self-Voicing
- Renpy: PC / Mac / Linux
Kickstarter Campaign Details
So, the Kickstarter campaign launched on April 25, 2023 and is set to run until May 25, 2023! The campaign goal is $10,000 to help with the production costs of the game!
Why Support the campaign?
- By supporting the campaign you are helping the team fund the production of Red Rebellion.
- Supporters at the $27 USD tier will a digital copy of the game! Additional tiers come with nice goodies like:
- Digital OST DLC
- Digital Artbook
- Game CG Wallpapers
- Early Access + Discord Room
- …And more!
Learn more about Red Rebellion
Aikasa Collective is a visual novel development studio that was formed in order to create the games that we want to play. The origin of our studio name is “相合傘 ai ai gasa ” – the Japanese concept of sharing an umbrella with someone you love. In our stories, we hope to show all types of love as well as the ins and outs of friendships and relationships. We hope you will enjoy the stories and support us on this adventure.
One thought on “Indie Spotlight: Red Rebellion”
Let’s get it to $100,000!