Indie dev, Jenny Vi Pham recently launched the Kickstarter campaign for their Otome Jam 2022 chatroom romance visual novel, Error 143! Inspired by games like Blooming Panic, Our Life, and Memory Days (that takes me back), the game features a fun, witty story where you bicker your way to romance with a snarky (adorkable) hacker named Micah. I played this game on stream and I AM IN LOVE WITH MICAH YUJIN!!
- Indie Otome | Chatroom Romance | Slice-of-Life
- Available on Steam, Windows, Mac, Linux
- Price: Free with DLC
- Tentative Release: December 2022
- Campaign Period: July 15, 2022 to August 15, 2022
You looked at him. He looked back at you. There was silence. You would never tell Micah Yujin that you were into him, but here you were…into him. So you kept your mouth shut…but he never keeps his mouth shut does he? He started speaking, “So…hypothetically—
And only hypothetically speaking…would you be interested in a relationship with me?” his voice squeaked. You found yourself trying to force a frown, as you didn’t want him to know how you really felt but…you couldn’t help but grin at his stupid question.
“Well, since you’re only hypothetically speaking…I would be open to the idea,” you say, in response, he smiles gently at you with his cheeks a red hue. Then, as if it was a reflex you retort, “Realistically speaking though? It could never happen between you and me.”
He lets out a chuckle, “Ooooh? Is that so? ‘cause I would have been fooled.” You giggle in response, “Of Course you would have been fooled, you’re an idiot.” “If being an idiot means being a romantic, then I’ll be an idiot.” “I didn’t peg you for hopeless romantic.”
“It comes with having the best first crush ever…and…having no prior dating experience,” he locks eyes with you through the webcam. You let out a mutter, “You make it so hard to hate you.” He breathes out, “Ah, not so hopeless after all.”
“Shut the fuck up.”
- In the vein of Blooming Panic, pursue a chatroom romance (rivalry) with hot, snarky, dork Micah.
- 1 love interest, 3 endings (future DLCs)
- Interact with Micah through voiced video chat scenes (and swoon over the delicious VA. Corey Wilder)
- Fun hacking mini games modeled after Hangman.
- Hack into the dev’s computers and change their moods
- Original soundtrack 🔥🔥🔥
Screenshots & Art
Kickstarter Campaign Details
So, the Kickstarter campaign launched on July 15, 2022 and is set to run until August 15, 2022! The campaign goal is $69,143 to help with the production costs of the game!
Why Support the campaign?
- By supporting the campaign you are helping the team fund additional DLC content that expands the content of the Otome Jam 2022 version of the game.
- Sleeping is for Losers DLC – takes place after the end of the Good ending and features a cute in person interaction with Micah in YOUR room.
- Skrunkle Bundle DLC – the promised video call with Micah and his cutie kitty, Skrunkly!!
- The Micah Yujin Experience! NSFW DLC – FULLY VOICED NSFW DLC (enough said)!
- Supporters will receive a digital copy of the PC version of the game along with nice digital goodies like:
- Access to the DLC
- Hi-Res Wallpaper Packs
- Your name/username as one of the voiced name options in-game
- Skrunkly Coin
More Info on Jenny Vi Pham
Jenny Vi Pham (she/her) is and indie game dev and the director of Error 143. She created the Sapphic comedy romance VN, Lover’s Anonymous for the NaNoRenO 2022 game jam.
- Twitter: @JennyViPham
- TikTok: @jennyvipham
- itch.io Page: jennyvipham.itch.io
- Patreon: www.patreon.com/JennyViPham