Edit (6/6): The Indiegogo campaign for this game failed to achieve the necessary funds by the deadline. Despite not reaching their goal, RoseVeRte will continue to work on the game and there tentative release date of September 2017!
Hey hey guys I’m back with yet another Crowdfunding campaign! This time around, I’m spotlighting RoseVeRte’s upcoming fantasy romance visual novel, How to Fool a Liar King, the sequel to their 2015 visual novel, How to Take Off Your Mask. The game takes place after the ending of the first game and features a new heroine, with a few familiar faces from the first game.
The first game was really cute and I’m curious to see what new secrets this sequel will reveal about Eroolia and it’s residents. Fans of the first game will be sure to love this new edition to the Eroolia saga and new fans will definitely find something fun to add to their games collection. How to Fool a Liar King is currently on Steam Greenlit, so cast your vote if you want to see a Steam release!
How to Fool a Liar King follows a young girl, Regina, who finds herself magically transported to Eroolia. Though this is the sequel to How to Take Off Your Mask, players can enjoy this game without having played the first. A whole new journey awaits with new and returning characters, explore more of the fantastical world Eroolia in this cute fantasy romance otome game.
The story starts after the ending of How to Take Off Your Mask.
Regina, our heroine, magically appears in Eroolia.
She has no idea how she ended up in Eroolia where she meets Juli and his companions, whom she ends up joining on their journey to Laarz, a country of cat people.
Will she be able to get back home? Is there a special reason why she was transported to Eroolia?
Regina is a clueless girl that finds herself magically transported to Eroolia. She is an outspoken young lady that’s just a tad bit forgetful. She embarks on a journey with Juli and his group in order to find a way home.
- Juli is a mysterious gentleman Regina meets in Eroolia and the primary love interest in the game. He keeps his true intentions hidden from everyone, including Regina. Will you be able to see through his lies?
- Myana is the princess of Laarz with a vendetta against the royal family of Eroolia. She takes great care to uphold the integrity of her status, by seeing to the needs of her people.
- Mars is a fun loving military man and a close friend to Ronan. He accompanies Regina and Juli on their journey to Laarz.
- Ronan is the love interest from the first game and a close friend of Regina’s. He’s a good-natured young man who cares deeply for his friends and allies.
- An expansive visual novel experience with HOURS of gameplay and features!!
- Full Japanese voice acting
- Two vocal tracks (theme song and insert song)
- There is ONE love interest and TWO main routes.
- There will be several choices throughout the game that will effect the course of the story and Regina’s fate!
- Multiple Endings
- Short animated scenes
- Over 10 beautiful CGs and unique backgrounds!
- Beautifully rendered character sprites!
This will be a commercial release, estimated retail will be between $12.99 – $14.99 USD, but by pledging at the $10 level, you all can snag a copy of the game for a discounted price. There are also a set of Stretch Goals that will expand the scope of the game if met. Some of the expanded features include additional CGs and character sprites!! Upon it’s release the game will be available for Windows, Mac, Linux, but as I mentioned earlier, there are plans to have the game greenlit for Steam. The game will be available in English, Japanese, and German. The Campaign Goal is $3,000 and will run until the end of May 2017!
So PLEASE check out the Indiegogo campaign, HERE, and lend your support. There is still time left for the campaign and every little bit helps! The various price tiers come with some nice goodies so definitely check them out!
You can also contact RoseVeRte on Social Media through the following channels:
If you can’t help out monetarily, SHARE this post or the Indiegogo page on social media and spread the word! As always THANK YOU for reading!!!