Hello Heroes and Travelers, here we are at the end of another week here on Nice Job Breaking It, Hero! I apologize for being late with this post, but I was reading this amazing Kuroo x Tsukki fanfic, and I was riding the emotional highs and lows… Just wow! I watched my ship crash and burn and then… miraculously rise from the ashes, like a phoenix!! Ya’ll there are literally tears of joy in my eyes right now…
I’m still trying to recover from emotional roller coaster and there’s still one chapter left until it’s finished, but at least for the time being, my ship is safe! After I finish this post, I’m going to sink right back into KuroTsuki Hell… so, please… don’t try to rescue me…
Oh yeah, I almost forgot, next weekend I will be going to Katsucon (2/17-2/19), so aside from a crap ton of tweets, I’ll be rather hard to pin down until next Monday (2/20). The Con shouldn’t effect the blog too much since I’ll be writing most of my posts before I go, just expect replies to comments to be even slower than usual!
- Melanin Monday: My Top 5 Favorite Black Female Anime Characters– For Black History Month, I decided to start a brand new post series, featuring posts about phenomenal black and brown skinned characters in anime, manga, games, etc! First up is a top 5 list of my all time favorite black female anime characters!! Click the link to read about these amazing women of color and maybe, discover a new anime series in the process!!
- You Light My Fire: Mystic Destinies Serendipity of Aeons- Shou Hatori [Main Story]– I have been sitting on this game for what seems like ages, but I finally had some extra time to write up my thoughts on the first available love interest in Aeon Dream Studio’s debut visual novel Mystic Destinies Serendipity of Aeons! Check out my spoiler free review to learn more about Shou Hatori, an adorable Phoenix with a dazzling smile!
- Thrifty Gaming: Games That Won’t Blow Your Budget #6– This is the post where I spotlight three visual novels for gamers on a budget. Every game featured is priced $10 or less, so definitely check out this week’s thrifty picks!! I listened to your suggestions and added a non-otome game to the mix this time around!
- Fangirl Friday: Hot Gimmick– Hot Gimmick is one of the most problematic manga series I have ever read… Yet, I absolutely love it! The characters are horrible and the story is a bit cringy at times, but there’s something about it that keeps you turning the page…
- Men of Yoshiwara: Hayabusa Review– My blogging buddy, Heyitszel and I have been working on a game review collab for the otome game Men of Yoshiwara Kikuya! We each played and reviewed Hayabusa’s route!! You can read her post on my blog by clicking the title and if you wanna know my thoughts on the route head on over to Hazel’s blog by clicking, HERE!
New This Week:
- The MangaGamer Valentines Day Sale is LIVE!! Save up to 50% OFF on select titles until February 17th!!
- To see which titles are a part of the sale, click HERE!
- An updated demo for Meyaoi Games’s upcoming BL visual novel Seiyuu Danshi is now available for download, HERE!
- The updated demo includes some of the features players can expect in the full version of the game such as: updated sprites, quests, item purchasing, and a few 18+ options!
- Meyaoi Games also opened up pre-orders for Seiyuu Danshi on itch.io! The current retail price is $24.99!!
- Idea Factory Intl announced that there are plans to release the second half of Hakuouki Shinkai Hana no Shou in English! The first part of the game is being localized under the title Hakuoki Kyoto Winds, in the Spring!
- Read the note from Iffy on their Facebook page, HERE!
- Cheritz released a special Valentines Day update for their hit mobile app Mystic Messenger earlier this week!! Check out the official post on Tumblr for more details.
- The update includes a few bug fixes and additional Valentines themed stories for each of the characters.
- Steam announced that will be making some changes to their current Greenlit system, for more details check out the announcement, HERE!
- A new supernatural romance kinetic VN from Ebi-hime, Sweetest Monster is now available for download over on itch.io, HERE!
- The game does contain some sexual situations and serious themes.
- Chapter 5 of the episodic magical girl romance visual novel, Magical Girl Diamond Heart is now available for public download on itch.io, HERE!
- Patreon supporters now have access to Chapter 6, to support the Patreon, click HERE!
- Mobile otome game developer Voltage Inc. released two new VR apps: Let’s Snuggle! AR and Intimate VR: Eisuke!
- In Let’s Snuggle AR, players can interact with a chibi version of Tsugumu Kido from the Voltage Inc. app Our Two Bedroom Story with AR tech, similar to the system used in Pokemon Go. The app is $3.99 and can be purchased from the Google Play Store or the App Store!
- In Intimate VR: Eisuke, players can interact with Eisuke Ichinomiya from the Voltage app Kissed By the Baddest Bidder. The app is $3.99 and can be purchased from the Google Play Store or the App Store!
- The Kickstarter Campaign for Project Trinity’s upcoming visual novel, Women of Xal, is still underway!!
- Check out the campaign, HERE.
- The Kickstarter Campaign for the upcoming mystery visual novel, Breakfast Cult, is still going strong!!
- Check out the campaign, HERE.
- Idea Factory made a special announcement this week via their Facebook page… A limited time only Hakuouki themed Festival and Cafe!
- Since tickets for the event sold out in less than 7 minutes, Iffy has decided to offer more tickets for the event!!
- Special thanks to Hayurika for telling me about this! Cybird recently released their newest app Otome Romance Novels!
- Through the new app, players can purchase stories from some of Cybird’s free to play apps to play whenever they want! The app currently has stories from Destined to Love available for purchase, but other games will be added in the future!
- To download the app from the App Store click HERE and for android users, click HERE to get it from the Google Play Store!
- The Kickstarter Campaign for Studio Theophilus’s upcoming fantasy fusion romance visual novel, Zodiac•Axis, launched this week!!
- Check out the campaign, HERE.
- Michaela Laws, creator of the supernatural romance series Seduce Me just announced a new Valentines Day themed game, Valentine Panic via her Twitter account!
- For the official announcement post click, HERE!!
- The English localization of Otomate’s Period: Cube ~ Shackles of Amadeus ~ finally has an official release date of April 25th, 2017!
- Amazon is officially accepting pre-orders, HERE!
- D3Publisher’s Hyakka Hyakurou: Sengoku Ninpoujou is getting an English release on steam under the name Nightshade!
- The game will be fully voiced and will $34.99!
- However, upon it’s release Nightshade will be available for 20% off the retail price!!
- For more information about the game, check out the Official Site!
- Pre-orders for Hakuouki: Kyoto Winds (Hakuouki: Shinkai – Kaze no Shou) are now available, HERE!!
- Read the announcement, HERE!
Special Announcement x3 !!
Okay, so in the States, February is Black History Month, the one month out of the year where we acknowledge the achievements of African Americans in the US and the World! Personally, I feel like every day should be Black History Month, but that’s a discussion for another day! So, even though I’m already swamped this month with other projects, I really wanted to do something to celebrate my people, with a bit of an otaku twist, so I came up with an idea for a weekly post series (just for this month) called, Melanin Mondays!
Every Monday until the end of the month, I will upload a post spotlighting Black characters in anime, manga, comics, video games, etc. Sometimes the posts will feature one character and other times they will be a Top 5/10 List, or I might just throw in a short discussion post!! I am really excited for this and I really hope you all will enjoy it!!!
Valentine’s Day aka Singles Awareness Day is on the horizon and whether you love it or hate it, love is most certainly in the air right now… So, I’m getting into the “holiday” spirit, with a super special Valentines Day game review!! Well, I shouldn’t say me, since I’m not actually going to be the one writing the review… It took a lot of work and a great deal of convincing, but I will have a special collaborator on this post 😉 so keep an eye out for that post on February 14th!!
The second OWLS Blog Tour is underway, February’s topic focuses on Flight in Yuri on Ice!
An individual takes flight when there is a goal, a dream, or an ambition that he or she wants to achieve. However, for this blog post, we are going to look at “flight” in different lenses: the underdog’s dream, the possibilities that Yuri on Ice allows viewers to think about, and also the dangers of greed and ignorance that can influence one’s dream.
Each OWLS member will be uploading their individual posts throughout the month of February! This week’s Blog Tour guides were Remy Fool of The Lily Garden, who wrote about the role communication plays in Victor and Yuri’s relationship; Rai from Rai’s Anime Blog, who wrote about homosexuality in Russia and Japan; and Steph from Two Happy Cats, who wrote about skating as an expression of love and Life in YOI!
There are a ton of Blog Tour Stops left for the month so be on the look out for announcements on the Official OWLS Twitter @OWLSbloggers, where I will keep you guys updated on each of the upcoming posts and other OWLS news!
I really want to hear from you guys, let me know what you think of Nice Job Breaking It, Hero. What do you think about this change? Do you guys like my posts? Is there something you think I should fix or add? Please feel free to let me know here in the comments section, or you can use this contact form!
I swear, I did not mean to get so caught up in this fanfic, but I am a sucker for anything KuroTsuki… *sigh* So, there will be some delays with this week’s posts *lowers head in shame* But, I’ll do my best to get stuff out to you guys as soon as possible, especially since I have a Anime Convention coming up this weekend!
This weeks Melanin Monday will be a bit of an op-ed piece, I’ll be looking at the portrayals of black and brown skinned characters in anime. I’ll shed some light on the positive and negative portrayals and the current trend towards diversity in anime.
On Tuesday I will finally unveil my special Valentines Day Guest Blogger and Review! Any guesses at who the mystery blogger will be?
I am working on a demo review for the upcoming supernatural romance visual novel, Changeling, but for some reason demo reviews always take me twice as long to write… So don’t expect to see that until the latter half of the week, Saturday at the latest!
Thrifty Thursday will go up as scheduled with three brand new thrifty gaming picks for you all to try and for Fangirl Friday *looks at manga shelf* another manga?!
**Week 2 of the OWLS Disruptors Blog Tour is underway, with a post from Pink-chan (Pinky’s Palace), Katrina Sade (Grimmgirl), and Venus (Japanime Talks) coming out on Jan. 13th, 15th, and 17th respectively.**
Since I’m so behind and since I’ll be at a Con next weekend, I’m just going to go ahead and extend the poll until the end of the month… What kinds of posts should I write more of? The poll will be open until February 28th at 11:59 PM UTC! You can find it in the side bar (or if you are using a phone/tablet @ the bottom of the page). If you still can’t find it, click the link HERE! I look forward to your responses!
Here we are again at the end of another Recap Post, where I highlight four interesting posts from other bloggers that showed up on my Reader this past week…
Friday Feature: On Romance in Anime– This post comes from Karandi of 100 Word Anime! I absolutely love this blogger’s Friday Feature posts, they cover such a wide range of topics every week! So if you haven’t already, check their past entries!! Since V-day is on the horizon Karandi decided to take a look at how romance is depicted in anime! This is a fun post and a must read for all you romantics out there!
When Animation Fails to Sell the Sport (Yuri!!! On Ice)– This post comes from Incumbent Thinker of Thoughts That Move! There is no doubt in anyone’s mind that sports anime Yuri!!! On Ice was last season’s break out hit. Hell, my Twitter feed is still full of fanart and theories, over a month and a half after the series’s final episode. So, it’s safe to say that YOI fever is still going strong! With all the acclaim and praise the series has gotten so far, it’s easy to overlook some of the less than stellar aspects of the show. Well, this blogger takes a critical eye to the animation of this much beloved series! This an honest and well written post, and a fantastic read, whether you’re still caught up in the YOI hype train or just a casual observer!
Manga: Mother’s Spirit– This post comes from mangalover93 of Manga, My Life! I am a huge fan of BL and yaoi works, so when I saw this review in my Reader, I happily gave it the ol’ clickeroo…and I was not disappointed. This is a great review of what looks like a rather interesting BL manga series! This post is a great read for hardcore BL fans and casual fans alike!
Short Thoughts on Natsu no Zenjitsu– This post comes from Kapodaco of Criticism and Thoughts! This blogger always gives a critical eye to everything they review on their blog, so when they praise something; whether it be an anime, manga, film, or whatever, I take notice! So when I read this glowing review for a manga I’d never even heard about, I knew I had to add it to my must read list. This is a short and sweet review of a very underrated manga, and I highly recommend giving it a read if you are on the look out for a new series to lose yourself in!!
So here we are at the end of this week’s post! Be sure to check out some of the bloggers from this week’s Weekly Blogger Spotlight, and drop them a line! Strike up a conversation or make a new friend! Don’t be shy get out there and mingle! 😉 Also, don’t worry if your post wasn’t featured in this week’s recap, keep writing and keep posting! I’ll keep my eye out!
See something in your Reader this week that you wanna share? Tell me what you think about my post? Anything you want to see more of? Less of? Have an idea for a post? Shoot me a line in the comments section or Message me on Twitter! Don’t be shy, I swear I don’t bite! I appreciate input and discussions from my readers so let your voice be heard…and finally, as always Thank You for reading!
Categories: Last Week Today