Hello Heroes and Travelers, here we are at the end of another week on Nice Job Breaking It, Hero! This week has kind of been a blur, now that the holidays are on the horizon… So, I’ve been trying to catch up on a few things before I go home for the holidays! But, the universe seems to be conspiring against me going home for Christmas, because it’s super hard to get a ticket!
December 12th marked the big reveal for the new project I have been hinting about for awhile now!! OWLS, Otaku Warriors for Liberty and Self-Respect is a group of WordPress Bloggers and Vloggers, who hope to spread love an acceptance in order to create a sense of unity and to create a space for people to feel comfortable being who they are!! If you are interested in joining or wish to learn more about us, please feel free to reach out to me or any of the other members or just click, HERE! On a side note, my job FINALLY paid me… but, I can’t get the money until sometime next week. -_-
- The Man of My Dreams is a Horse: My Horse Prince-First Thoughts & Impressions– So after seeing some screens of My Horse Prince on Twitter last weekend, I decided to download the game on my iPad. There is just something addictively romantic about dating a human faced horse….
- Beauty and the War (X Playing Pieces)-Demo Review– Beauty and the War is an upcoming fantasy romance, visual novel from indie developer, Poison Apple Studios.
- [Special Announcement] The Big Reveal- OWLS: Otaku Warriors for Liberty and Self Respect– So, a little while ago I joined forces with a few WordPress Bloggers to work on a very special project! In light of recent current events, Kausus of Otaku Gamer Zone came up with a brilliant idea, a group to help spread a positive message of hope! And thus the OWLS (Otaku Warriors for Liberty and Self Respect) were born!!
- So I’ve Kinda Been Nominated for the Unique Blogger Award!– So it seems that I’ve been nominated for a Unique Blogger Award by two super fantastic bloggers, Kapodaco of Criticisms and Thoughts and Remyfool of The Lily Garden!!!
- Fangirl Moment: Haikyuu Season 3– So this week I’m going to return to a series I covered in a previous Fangirl Moment post…. Haikyuu! If you’ve seen my twitter lately, you’ll know that one post was not enough for this amazing series!! So, I’m back with more volleyball induced fangirling with this week’s post about Haikyuu Season 3!
So, in case you missed them, here were the PokeNews announcements:
- The last Pokemon 20th Anniversary Mythical Pokemon Distribution is now underway! From December 1st to the 24th players can obtain Meloetta through Nintendo WiFi Distribution!!
- Starting on December 5th, trainers will be able to obtain the legendary Pokemon, Magearna from Pokemon.com through QR code!!
- There will be a special Pokemon GO update in December that will add 100 new Pokemon!!
New This Week:
- OTSUN Club’s The Bell Chimes for Gold is finally going to receive an English release!!
- A Mystic Messenger fangame, Marry Me, Jaehee was released on itch.io, HERE!
- The game is free, but players can also submit donations which will be used to support LGBTQ+ organizations!
- My Horse Prince (Uma no Prince-sama) is now available in English both in the App Store and the Google Play Store!
- roseVeRte’s visual novel, How to Take Off Your Mask is now available for purchase for IOS, HERE!
- The Kickstarter Campaign for Precatio’s upcoming visual novel, Kokorogawari is now underway!
- Check out the campaign, HERE.
- MangaGamer will be releasing a limited edition hardcopy of Poni-Patchet’s OZMAFIA! on December 12th for $39.95!!
- MangaGamer is currently accepting pre-orders, HERE!
- The English localization of Otomate’s Period: Cube ~ Shackles of Amadeus ~ finally has an official release date of April 25th, 2017!
- Amazon is officially accepting pre-orders, HERE!
- D3Publisher’s Hyakka Hyakurou: Sengoku Ninpoujou is getting an English release on steam under the name Nightshade!
- The game will be fully voiced and will $34.99!
- However, upon it’s release Nightshade will be available for 20% off the retail price!!
- For more information about the game, check out the Official Site!
- Pre-orders for Hakuouki: Shinkai – Kaze no Shou are now available, HERE!!
- Read the announcement, HERE!
- The Kickstarter campaign for the upcoming visual novel, When Our Journey Ends by Afterthought Studios is underway!
- Check out the campaign HERE!
I really want to hear from you guys, let me know what you think of Nice Job Breaking It, Hero. What do you think about this change? Do you guys like my posts? Is there something you think I should fix or add? Please feel free to let me know here in the comments section, or you can use this contact form!
This week I’ll be working on a few new posts for the new year, but, I will try to get some random reviews out to you guys nonetheless… I am still playing Code Realize and My Horse Prince, but I am also playing around with a BL game as well… So, I’m gonna be busy for awhile. 😛
I’m extending the poll for one more week…. What type of Otome Player are you? The poll will be open until December 24th at 11:59 PM! You can find it in the side bar (or if you are using a phone/tablet @ the bottom of the page). If you still can’t find it, click the link HERE! I look forward to your responses!
Here we are again at the end of another Recap Post, where I highlight four interesting posts from other bloggers that showed up on my Reader this past week…
Friday’s Feature – Beneath the Squeals What Is Driving Yuri On Ice Fans?– This post comes from Karandi from 100 Word Anime! Yuri on Ice is the anime series that has taken the anime community by storm, since it’s debut a few months ago. Whether you love it or hate it you have to admit that there is a certain charm to the show that keeps fans watching week after week. But, what is it about this show that has so enraptured viewers, well, Karandi answers that and more in this fantastic Friday Feature!!
My Love of Shoujo is Unashamed, Unironic and Unapologetic– This post comes from trashonthecurb from Gross Weeaboo! I have a bit of a love hate relationship with shojo romance… On one hand I can’t help but love the cheesy cliche fluff, it makes my cold icy heart go doki doki, then there’s the side that finds everything about them silly and unbelievable…. But, that doesn’t stop me from reading them from time to time. In this short, fun rant, this blogger recounts her love of shojo romances!!
What Does Drama/Anime/Manga Mean to You?– This post comes from Animetai from Animetai! I’ve said it before, but I absolutely love anime origin posts and discussion posts, and this one has both!! In this short relatable post, Animetai recounts their first experiences with anime, manga, and drama! But, that’s not all,they also challenge readers to share their own experiences with all three! So definitely stop by and share your wonderful stories with this fantastic blogger!!
Miscommunication in Manga and Anime– This post comes from Remyfool from The Lily Garden! And, closing out this week’s Blogger Spotlight is a fabulous post from my buddy Remyfool, about the lack of communication in anime and manga! We’ve all seen it unfold in anime/manga, two characters have an argument about something or another that could easily have been solved with a simple explanation or a few more lines of dialogue. But, instead the misunderstanding isn’t cleared up and what follows is a long drawn out drama… Well, in this wonderful post, Remy looks at the positive and negative aspects of miscommunication, with the help of Flip Flappers and Saki!!
So here we are at the end of this week’s post! Be sure to check out some of the bloggers from this week’s Weekly Blogger Spotlight, and drop them a line! Strike up a conversation or make a new friend! Don’t be shy get out there and mingle! 😉 Also, don’t worry if your post wasn’t featured in this week’s post, keep writing and keep posting! I’ll keep my eye out!
See something in your Reader this week that you wanna share? Tell me what you think about my post? Anything you want to see more of? Less of? Have an idea for a post? Shoot me a line in the comments section or Ask Me anonymously on my Tumblr! Don’t be shy, I swear I don’t bite! I appreciate input and discussions from my readers so let your voice be heard…and finally, as always Thank You for reading!
Categories: Last Week Today