Hello Heroes and Travelers, here we are at the end of another week on Nice Job Breaking It, Hero! So this has been an interesting week to say the least. For the most part I have been slacking off as much as humanly possible (work assignments aside)…
I wish I could say that I at least got some gaming done this week, but I didn’t really do much of that… On the plus side, I did get a lot of Netflix binging done… silver linings. Oh and I might be working on a new project at work in the near future!!
Ah, yes, so before I get into the rest of this week’s recap post, I want to say thank you to Mr. Panda of Mr. Panda’s Video Game Reviews for nominating me for a very special award… *drumroll* The PANDA (Play A New Day Award)!! This is a special award created by Mr. Panda in order for us to encourage each other as we navigate the rugid sea that is life!!
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Nominate any number of people for the award.
- Encourage them in any way, whether through thanking or complimenting them.
Well I just think that this is a just a fabulous idea, especially given the rather… umm… unsettling developments here in the US…
So first thing’s first, I want to say a huge THANK YOU to Mr. Panda for thinking of me and nominating me for this special award! Mr. Panda is one of my favorite bloggers, ever! He is the most supportive and encouraging bloggers on WordPress and I am so lucky to call this guy a friend! Let’s see… the first time I knew Panda was a kindred spirit was when he commented on my Hotel Dusk post a few months ago, our shared love mystery adventure games sparked a rather long conversation that blossomed into a fantastic friendship! This guy is amazing and if you haven’t already, I recommend checking out his blog! If I could, I’d nominate Mr. Panda for his own award!!
Now, to the nominations… I’m going to go with four (I like nice even numbers), four fabulous bloggers that really keep me motivated with their kind words and support!
- Leafy of LEAFさんの夢が。。。 – Ah, Leafy… We have been supporting each other since the beginning and I can’t tell you guys how much her friendship means to me! Whenever I get discouraged and feel like quitting, just knowing that she has my back is just the motivation I need to keep this whole thing running! Her fantastic game reviews have made my wallet much thinner, but her friendship is definitely worth it!!
- Katrina Sade of GrimmGirl.com– Ah man, I can’t remember the first time we met, but I’m certainly glad that we did! Kat was one of my first victims… I tempted her with alluring 2D men and in return she pulled me into Haikyuu Hell (so I guess we’re even 😛 )! Kat writes about a whole range of topics from social issues to otaku culture to makeup reviews, and she always puts her heart and soul into every word! She is a truly wonderful person and an amazing blogger!
- Two Happy Cats over at Two Happy Cats– This gal is my blogging twin! We share a love of many things, but most especially a love of horror! She is a wonderful blogger and constant source of support and encouragement! Despite our time differences, we still manage to have some awesome convos on Twitter!
- Arria Cross over at Fujinsei– Last, but certainly not least is Arria, this blogger is an inspiration! She plays such an active role in the WordPress anime blogging community, and she is a joy to talk with! She is always thinking of ways to connect bloggers with her thought provoking discussion posts and her monthly Fujinsei Blog Carnivals! If you haven’t already, introduced yourself to this fantastic blogger, I definitely suggest you get to it, you won’t be disappointed!!
So that’s it for my shout outs, but I encourage everyone to go out and share the love!! Give a PANDA!!
- That Guy is a Divorcee: Liar! Uncover the Truth- 9th Liar– Finally after unmasking eight no good liars, we are down to the last two contenders. But, there is just one more liar standing between the MC and her happily ever after!
- Let’s Show Our Support for The Arcana an English Visual Novel– This time I’m covering the upcoming fantasy romance mobile visual novel from Nix Hydra Games, The Arcana!!
- That Guy is My Soulmate: Liar! Uncover the Truth- Mr. Right– We started this journey with ten “perfect” guys, each more impressive than the last! But, nine of the ten are dirty rotten liars, despicable men with no qualms about bending the truth to suit their needs… After kicking those liars to the curb the last man left standing is…
- Let’s Show Our Support for Grand Old Academy a Satirical Dating Sim!!– So on Election Day, I decided to bring you all a very special Kickstarter Campaign for Robert W. Amster’s political satire dating sim, Grand Old Academy!
- Let’s Show Our Support for When Our Journey Ends a fantasy Visual Novel– So yet another Kickstarter campaign… This time for a rather intriguing fantasy visual novel from Afterthought Studios, When Our Journey Ends!
- Fangirl Moment: Sherlock– For this week’s Fangirl Friday post, I decided to cover the BBC series, Sherlock. I love Benedict Cumberbatch in this fun modern retelling of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s detective stories!
So, in case you missed them, here were the PokeNews announcements:
- The special Genesect distribution at participating Gamestop locations will end on November 24th, so be sure to pick up your serial code cards before the event is over!!
New This Week:
- Idea Factory will release Hakuouki: Shinkai – Kaze no Shou in the west under the title Hakuouki: Kyoto Winds for the PS Vita, during the Spring of 2017!!
- Read the announcement, HERE!
- Kinmoku’s visual novel, One Night Stand is now available on steam.
- Jaye’s debut BL visual novel Fever Dream Saga is now available for purchase for only $2.00! Get the game, HERE!
- Culina: Hands in the Kitchen is now available for purchase on Steam!
- Until November 18th save 15% on the game!!
- The Kickstarter campaign for the upcoming visual novel, by Fancy Fish Studios was launched this week! Check out the campaign HERE!
- RoseVeRte’s Café 0 ~The Sleeping Beast~ is now available for purchase, HERE!
- The demo is also available for download!!
- Historical free to play visual novel from Seraphinite, The Lady’s Choice was released and can be downloaded on itch.io, HERE.
- The rom-com fantasy visual novel from Fablesoft, Ellaria: Cotton & Cream is now available for download on itch.io, HERE.
- The newest addition to the Seduce Me the Otome-Episode series, the Beach Episode is now available for download, HERE!
- Are you a fan of Yuri, well I have just the thing for you! Yuri Game Jam 2016 is in full swing, so if you are a fan of GxG games this is the month for you! Check out all of this year’s entries HERE!
- Chapters 1 and 2 are now available for the fantasy visual novel, Arena Circus! Download both chapters from itch.io, HERE!
- The Kickstarter campaign for the upcoming visual novel, The Arcana by Nix Hydra Games is in full swing! Check out the campaign HERE!
- The Kickstarter campaign for the upcoming visual novel, When Our journey Ends by Afterthought Studios was launched this week! Check out the campaign HERE!
- Even though the Kickstarter campaign for Chronotopia has long since ended, you all can still get your hands on some of the Kickstarter Rewards, HERE!
- The demo for Michaela Laws’s newest visual novel, Remember Remember is now available for download, HERE!
- The Kickstarter campaign for the political satire dating sim, Grand Old Academy is in full swing! Check out the campaign, HERE!
I really want to hear from you guys, let me know what you think of Nice Job Breaking It, Hero. What do you think about this change? Do you guys like my posts? Is there something you think I should fix or add? Please feel free to let me know here in the comments section, or you can ask me anonymously on Tumblr (just let me know that you’re from WordPress)!
Ah so I’d be lying if I said I had anything planned for this week… So, I’m just going to wing it! Whatever I post this week will be random… think of it as a throwback to the early days of Nice Job Breaking It, Hero…
The new poll is: How do you choose what to play next? The poll will be open until November 30th at 11:59 PM! You can find it in the side bar (or if you are using a phone/tablet @ the bottom of the page). If you still can’t find it, click the link HERE! I look forward to your responses!
Here we are again at the end of another Recap Post, where I highlight four interesting posts from other bloggers that showed up on my Reader this past week…
The Curious Case of Short-Form Anime– This post comes from ThunderStryke from The Omega Geek Blog! In this unique post, Thunderstryke covers an often overlooked anime subgenre, short-form anime. In this short piece, the author offers an honest overview of short-form anime series, from their subject matter to their standing among other long-form anime series.
You ruined everything! –Thoughts on spoilers– This post comes from plainpastaandplainrice from Plain Pasta and Plain Rice! Ah, yes spoilers!! Love them or hate them, the internet is just full of spoilers! This post comes from a blogger that oddly enough, isn’t too bothered by spoilers! Of course this isn’t a popular opinion, especially in the anime community, but I definitely appreciated the insight.
Goku’s Sex Life– This post comes from Frog-kun from Fantastic Memes! When I saw the title of this post I just knew that this was going to be in this week’s Blogger Spotlight… I mean come on, who doesn’t want to know about Goku’s sex life? This is just a light hearted post that explores the romantic exploits of one of the most innocent and pure-hearted anime protagonists… ever!
Kiki’s Delivery Service: Transition to Adulthood and Finding Yourself– This post comes from CY from Kpop9019! Closing out this week’s spotlight, is a review of the Studio Ghibli film, Kiki’s Delivery Service! This is a short and sweet overview of the film and well written review!
So here we are at the end of this week’s post! Be sure to check out some of the bloggers from this week’s Weekly Blogger Spotlight, and drop them a line! Strike up a conversation or make a new friend! Don’t be shy get out there and mingle! 😉 Also, don’t worry if your post wasn’t featured in this week’s post, keep writing and keep posting! I’ll keep my eye out!
See something in your Reader this week that you wanna share? Tell me what you think about my post? Anything you want to see more of? Less of? Have an idea for a post? Shoot me a line in the comments section or Ask Me anonymously on my Tumblr! Don’t be shy, I swear I don’t bite! I appreciate input and discussions from my readers so let your voice be heard…and finally, as always Thank You for reading!