Edit (9/12): The Kickstarter for this game was successful at meeting its funding goal and FIVE of the stretch goals. The final funding amount was $11,553 with 302 backers! The game now has a tentative release date of December 2017!
I’m trying something new with these Kickstarter announcements… In the future I plan to publish Kickstarter Support posts the same week that I announce them in Last Week Today post… So, the first Kickstarter campaign to follow this new system is Queen’s Crown, an upcoming Medieval Fantasy romance visual novel! Follow the link below to see the trailer for the game (WordPress won’t let me embed the video for some reason)…
I absolutely love historical fantasy books and television shows, so when I saw that there was an upcoming visual novel with similar themes I just knew I had to check it out! The Kickstarter claims that the game is inspired notable fantasy powerhouses such as, “A Song of Ice and Fire” and the “Dragon Age series”… My only question is, Where do I sign up?!”
When your brother, the King, is killed in an ongoing war with the neighboring country of Tawar, you are named next in line for the throne.
No one said wearing a crown would be easy, however. It will take all of your charm, cunning, and strength as a ruler to keep it.
There is also the small matter of your suitors…
… An elegant former tutor who seems a little too determined to hold you at arms length, a tempestuous lord whose bid for your hand could decide the fate of the kingdom, and even a surprisingly witty ambassador from the very country you are at war with…
Settle the conflict in your kingdom and decide who – if anyone – will be at your side when it ends.
- Teiran- is the tsundere… He is cocky and bold, but still manages to be indifferent towards the protagonist when the spirit moves him. He is constantly pushing the protagonist’s buttons in order to get a rise out of her.
- Emry- is a dedicated advisor who has known the protagonist for a long time. He is a serious man that doesn’t easily reveal his feelings for fear of overstepping his bounds.
- Noah-is an intellegent man with a wicked sense of wit. He enjoys teasing the protagonist and watching her become a flustered mess! This guy is such a tease.
- Stats raising! Each stat effects how the other characters interact with the protagonist!
- Three main stats: Intelligence, Combat, and Charisma
- Three potential love interests, each with their own romance paths
- If the $8,200 Stretch Goal is met, additional love interests will be added.
- Beautifully drawn backgrounds, sprites, and CGs
- 17 planned endings, including about 11 romantic enddings and 6 non-romance
- Finally, a nameable protagonist!
There are a set of Stretch Goals that will expand the scope of the game if met. Some of the expanded features include additional CGs, additional romanceable characters, a possible sequel, and much more… Upon it’s release the game will be available for Windows, Mac, and Linux! Please keep in mind that this game is a commercial release, but you can pre-order the game for $20 on Kickstarter at the Magnanimous Marquise tier! The tentative release date is set for December 2017! Currently the game has achieved $3,395 of it’s $4,000 campaign goalin just 24 hours! The campaign will run until September 12th 2016!
There are download links for the PC version of the demo, right there on the Kickstarter page! The demo covers the first FIVE WEEKS of gameplay, so if you are still on the fence about the game or just want to see what the game has to offer give it a try.
So PLEASE check out the Kickstarter campaign, HERE, and lend your support. There are still 28 days left and they are currently at $3,395 and every little bit helps! I’ve already made a contribution to the campaign and I can’t wait for the finished project when it is released. The various price tiers come with some nice goodies so definitely check them out!
You can also contact them on Social Media through the following channels:
If you can’t help out monetarily, SHARE this post or the Kickstarter page on social media and spread the word! As always THANK YOU for reading!!!