Here I am again, writing another one of these in advanced… For those of you not in the States, this weekend is the 4th of July Weekend, so I will be out of town from Friday to Monday. My BF and I will be driving up to New York this year for the holiday since one of my younger brothers decided to come up from Tennessee for the break!
In other news, I finally announced that I will be completing the 30 Day Anime Challenge during the month of July!!! I am super excited about this and I really hope that you guys like it! On a side note, I am still waiting for my paperwork to be processed before I can start my Summer job… I have a tentative start date of Tuesday, July 5th… so fingers crossed! I also went out and bought Zero Time Dilemma upon its release so I am super stoked to play that once I finish my current playthrough of VLR!!
So in case you missed them, these are the posts that showed up on Nice Job Breaking It, Hero this week!
- Mini Review: Sweet Fuse-At Your Side– Sweet Fuse is a 2013 visual novel developed by Aksys. While it is billed as an otoge, Sweet Fuse plays more like a adventure, puzzle visual novel than your typical romance visual novel.
- 30 Day Anime Challenge- Day 0: Introduction-Okay, so I’ve been hinting at this for a while now…well the wait is over! I am excited to finally announce that during the month of July, I will be completing the 30 Day Anime Challenge! I saw how much fun my girl, Katrina Sade was having with the challenge over on her blog GrimmGirl.com, and I thought why not give it a try myself?
- Fangirl Moment: Jem and the Holograms– Jem and the Holograms is an American cartoon series created by Christy Marx. The series originally ran from 1985- 1988, airing for three seasons (65 episodes). Jem follows a young woman named Jerrica Benton, who along with her friends/foster sisters become the sensational rock group, Jem and the Holograms.
- 30 Day Anime Challenge- Day 1: My First Anime– When I read that I had to talk about my first anime, I was at a bit of a loss for what to do. Sure, I could write at length about Sailor Moon or Pokemon, which are technically tied as my first anime, but that doesn’t sit well with me. I consider my first anime to be the first show that I actually knew was an anime when I first watched it, so my “first” anime is…
- PokeNews: Shaymin Distribution– We’ve got five legendary Pokemon under our belts already, but it’s time to push forward another legendary from the Fourth Generation of Pokemon games, with July’s Shaymin release!
- 30 Day Anime Challenge- Day 2: My Favorite Anime (so far)– If only this were a 30 Day Manga Challenge, I’d have no problem picking my favorite! But, it’s not… So after putting alot of thought into this, I mean a WHOLE LOT of thought…my choice for Day 2: My favorite anime (so far) is….
So, in case you missed them, here were the PokeNews announcements for the week:
- Pokemon GO finally has a release date! The free to play mobile game will be available some time in July. Players can purchase Pokemon Go Plus devices ($34.99 USD) that will allow players to use the app without having to constantly pull out their phones.
- The release date for Pokemon Sun and Moon is November 18th 2016 (Nov.23rd for Europe)!
- The July 20th Anniversary Legendary Distribution is a Go! This month’s legendary is Shaymin, so be sure to snag one for yourself from July 1st-24th through Nintendo WiFi!!!
- For Pokemon Trainers with a Pokemon Trainer Club Newsletter email subscription, received a serial code for Mew, in case you missed the February Distribution. The serial code is good until August 31st 2016!
New This Week:
- The Annual Steam Sale is a GO, until July 4th!! So don’t forget to take advantage of this amazing sale before Tuesday!
- Tons of games are on sale, including otome games (Amnesia, Men of Yoshiwara 1 and 2, etc)
- I feel like such a dunce for forgetting to mention this last week, but pre-orders for Precatio’s upcoming project, Kokorogawari are now open, HERE.
- You can either purchase the Standard Edition (just the game) for $20.00 or the Deluxe Edition (game+ soundtrack+ digital art book) for $30.00!!
- Zero Time Dilemma, is finally here!! It was released on June 28th 2016!!!
- Indiegogo Campaign for upcoming otome game, Princess of Desire is now live, HERE.
- Alpha Demo is available for download, HERE.
- Haikyuu doujin game, Cat’s Cradle is in production, for more information check Tumblr or LemmaSoft.
- Check out this upcoming otome game, Heart of Thorns, HERE. The final game will be released in Spanish, English, and maybe Japanese.
- The demo for Zeiva Inc’s upcoming game AniCon- Animal Complex is now available for Kad the Cat! Zeiva is also excepting pre-orders for the Cat Path, which comes with a 20 page Digital Artbook, for only $8.00!!
- Mystic Messanger special VIP goods package pre-orders are now available for purchase,HERE.
- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney-Spirit of Justice, featuring both Phoenix and Apollo, will be coming to the West in September 2016! I will keep ya’ll posted on that in the coming months.
- Check out the production blog/site for upcoming otoge, Dark Nights. The game will be free to play, but donations are appreciated, HERE.
This Week’s Voltage Releases:
After School Affairs
Butler Until Midnight
- Tomoki’s Season 2: Afternoon Temptation story is now available for purchase.
Enchanted in the Moonlight
Era of Samurai-Code of Love
- Wanton Amusement- Okita story is now available for purchase.
- Okita’s Hearts in Training is now available for purchase.
Kissed By the Baddest Bidder
My Forged Wedding
My Last First Kiss
Our Two Bedroom Story
Scandal in the Spotlight
Star Crossed Myth
- Aigonorus’s Sequel, Sequel Epilogue, and Sequel His POV stories are now available for purchase.
Voltage AmeMix Releases:
- Hades’s Season 3 Main Story 1 is now available for purchase in Astoria Fates Kiss.
- All characters Season 1 stories are available for purchase as Bundles (20% off) in Astoria Fates Kiss.
- Kiss-Napped! Aurora Vs. The Gang: Special Story is now available for purchase in Gangsters in Love.
Here are the results for the previous poll, When do you typically read game reviews?:
There were a total of 41 votes in this poll, so thank you to everyone who voted! It seems like a majority of you guys typically read reviews prior to buying a game. But, what I found most interesting were that four voters simply read reviews without actually buying games. Finally, three voters reported that they prefer walkthroughs over actual reviews. I have considered doing walkthroughs in the past, but there are so many great walkthrough sites already out there that it just didn’t seem worth it.
There was only one minor update this week; I updated the Awards and Challenges page to include links to the 30 Day Anime posts. You guys can access all of the posts from there in addition to just searching for 30 Day Anime Challenge.
I really want to hear from you guys, let me know what you think of Nice Job Breaking It, Hero. Do you guys like my posts? Is there something you think I should fix or add? Please feel free to let me know here in the comments section, or you can ask me anonymously on Tumblr (just let me know that you’re from WordPress)!
Since my primary focus is the 30 Day Anime Challenge, expect slow review updates… Like I said before, this challenge is extremely time consuming… I’m doing my best to work on my regular posts and the challenge posts together, but for the most part the challenge takes priority. I am currently playing both Virtue’s Last Reward and C14 Dating, so expect reviews for those when finish them (C14 Dating will probably be first). I hit a bit of a brick wall with my Voltage backlog so I had to switch gears a bit there. I’m currently playing through my Shall We Date and Forbidden Romance backlog in the meantime. So this week’s posts…
- Monday: 30 Day Anime Challenge- Day 4: My Favorite Female Anime Character
- Tuesday: 30 Day Anime Challenge- Day 5: An Anime I’m ashamed I enjoyed
- Wednesday: 30 Day Anime Challenge- Day 6: Anime I want to see but haven’t yet
- Thursday: 30 Day Anime Challenge- Day 7: My Anime Crush
- Friday: So for Fangirl Friday, I will cover a oneshot manga, so look forward to that! In addition to the usual Fangirl Moments post I will also post 30 Day Anime Challenge- Day 8: My Favorite Anime Couple
- Saturday: 30 Day Anime Challenge- Day 9: Best Anime Villain
This week’s poll is: What’s your favorite anime genre? I’m doing the 30 Day Anime Challenge for the entire month of July so I thought why not have a poll that reflects that… Let me know by voting! The poll will be open until July 30th at 11:59PM! You can find it in the side bar (or if you are using a phone/tablet @ the bottom of the page). If you still can’t find it, click the link HERE! I look forward to your responses!
Here we are again at the end of another Recap Post, where I highlight five interesting posts from other bloggers that showed up on my Reader this past week…
25 Years of Sonic– June 23rd was the anniversary of everyone’s favorite blue hedgehog, Sonic! This blogger takes us back through the years, to give us an intimate look at the Sonic the Hedgehog series from the blue blur’s origins as Sega’s mascot in 1991 all the way to the present. This is a must read for fans of the fastest critter on Earth!
It’s okay to be gay– As most of you already know, June was Pride Month, a month chosen to celebrate the LGBT community. In light of the tragedies befalling LGBT individuals all over the globe, it’s important to accept all people reagardless of their preferences. Well this blogger decided to celebrate the month the otaku way, with a list their favorite LGBT characters from various anime series! This is an awesome line up, definitely a must read!
Recent Anime: 5 Centimeters Per Second– In this short review, this blogger covers the thought provoking 2007 animated film, 5 Centimeters Per Second. This blogger offers an honest look at a very raw and emotional story. I highly recommend giving this review a read if you are still reluctant to jump on the film’s hype train or if you just haven’t seen the film.
Get to Know Me: #1-50 Basic questions– If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a 100 times before (well maybe not that much) I adore personal posts! Well this blogger gave us the mother of all personal posts, a 50 question get to know me question and answer post! I’m acquainted with this wonderful blogger, but there were still some things I didn’t know! This is a fun post, by an awesome blogger friend of mine!
My Life as a Yaoi Fangirl- Dealing with Misconceptions and Hate– As a yaoi fangirl, I have heard all the misconceptions and negative comments! In some spaces yaoi fans are shunned as sex crazed deviants, but that isn’t the case for all fans of the genre. Well this blogger shares some personal experiences with yaoi hate, in this inspirational and candid post! I highly recommend this post to everyone, not just yaoi fans, ya’ll might just learn something about yaoi fangirls that might surprise you.
So here we are at the end of this week’s post! Be sure to check out some of the bloggers from this week’s Weekly Blogger Spotlight, and drop them a line! Strike up a conversation or make a new friend! Don’t be shy get out there and mingle! Also, don’t worry if your post wasn’t featured in this week’s post, keep writing and keep posting! I’ll keep my eye out!
See something in your Reader this week that you wanna share? Tell me what you think about my post? Anything you want to see more of? Less of? Have an idea for a post? Shoot me a line in the comments section or Ask Me anonymously on my Tumblr! Don’t be shy, I swear I don’t bite! I appreciate input and discussions from my readers so let your voice be heard…and finally, as always Thank You for reading!