So, Voltage must love high school romances, because they keep cranking these bad boys out like there aren’t any other otoge premises to choose from. Do I sound bitter, well you bet I’m bitter. I am so tired of high school romances, I thought we were getting somewhere with After School Affairs. At least in that game you play as a high school teacher, but, no, Voltage Inc is taking us back to school with their newest title, Bad Boys Do It Better!
- Genre: School Life | Otome | Drama
- Platforms: Android | iOS | Amazon App Store
- Developer: Voltage Inc
- Similar Games: Dreamy Days in West Tokyo | I Love You (Suki Da) | Bad Apple Wars
You’ve been transferred to a high school with a dorm.
But it turns out to be… a former all-boys school full of delinquents?!
“You may be a girl, but who cares?”
Everywhere you look there are boys, boys, BOYS! Be the envy of every girl! Start your life as the lone flower among them!Official Synopsis
- Ryoji Ryukai– He is the guy that rescues you from some “bullies” in the prologue. He even lends you his jacket when you sit on a freshly painted bench. Seems like a decent guy, until you run into him at school and he can’t even remember you. Dude has some serious memory issues…
- Yu Agatsuma– This guy seems to be the most normal of the bunch. He is friendly and unlike Ryoji, he actually takes the time to have an actual conversation with you. I suspect he is the upbeat, energetic type. Maybe it’s the red highlights…
- Rei Todo–An asshat who constantly spews acid at the you. I have absolutely nothing nice to say about this guy after playing the prologue, which is sad because I really liked his character design.
- Akira Sakaki-A pervert who tries to get busy with the MC in the nurse’s office. Seriously, from what I’ve seen he is like a dog in heat, but I’m sure he’s really a nice guy underneath all the hormones.
- Keiichiro Minase– Naked guy, who flashes you on your first day in the dorms. Okay, so of all the guys he seems to be the most grounded and considerate of the bunch, despite only having less than two minutes of screen time in the prologue.
Gameplay and Features
While Bad Boys Do It Better is your typical Voltage game utilizing the same basic game play as their other apps, it does offer a new rather unique feature.
You can now take a Bet on Love! During certain points in the game a big black heart will appear on the screen, usually during a critical conversation between you and your love interest. At that time you will be asked to decide whether to push forward and get closer to your chosen guy [Go for It] or let the moment pass [Pull Back]. Depending on your choice, the love meter at the end of each chapter will move accordingly, either towards the Teenage Dream End or the After Class Romance End.
The Teenage Dream ending, is slightly more dramatic than the After Class Romance end, which usually features a private romantic moment between you and your guy.
Bad Boys Do It Better Review
School is back in session
After both of your parents leave to work abroad, You (name changeable) decide to transfer to a school with a dormitory, so you won’t be so lonely. Excited to make new friends at your new school you eagerly anticipate your first day and the fun activities you and your gal pals will get into whilst living in the school’s dorms. However when you arrive at school on your first day you notice something strange…
There is a high concentration of testosterone among the student body, but you brush it off as a coincidence, and instead begin planning for your late night pajama parties with your future friends. However, half way through the school tour you get beaned in the face by a rogue soccer ball which lands you in the nurses office for the entire day. Disappointed at missing your first day of school on account of your impromptu coma, you reluctantly head over to your new dormitory as visions of late night slumber parties dance in your head.
However, what meets you is a major sausage fest, it’s then that you learn the horrible truth… Your new school was formerly an all-boys school, and you are the only female student to have enrolled there since it became co-ed. To add insult to injury, your new roommates are all delinquents!
A pretty standard High School Romance
So far I am not impressed with Bad Boys Do It Better after playing the prologue, and I’d be lying if I said I expected much better from the rest of the game. *sighs* Why must Voltage keep hashing out the same high school drivel. The least they could do is give us a teacher/student romance or something to add some extra spice to this played out premise. Have you guys seen Yuki Saejima, talk about yummy! But, I will say that I am mildly interested in seeing how the delinquent aspect of the game plays out. Probably a watered down version of Kenka Bancho Otome, but I’m hopeful.
Aside from the sexual predator Akira, I’m curious to see how the rest of the guys’ stories pan out. Despite my rather scathing preliminary remarks, I see potential among the available love interests. As of right now, I am most interested in Keiichiro Minase’s route, there’s just something about him that sets him apart from the rest. He definitely strikes me as a strong silent type, and I’m curious to see what he offers in his own route. Sharp tongued, Rei Todo is also a stand out in the group…. *shrugs noncommittally* I like the challenge!
The MC is Okay
The MC seems pretty generic so far, maybe even a little spacey, but I suppose she could be forgiven as she is only a high schooler after all. But, I do see some potential in her, especially when she is dealing with Pervert-kun and Snappy McGee. However, I did find it hard to believe that she transferred into a school without her parents or herself noticing that it was once an all-boys school for delinquents. You mean to tell me that no one decided to Google the school before she applied, hell, they could have even done a campus visit. I’m calling shenanigans on this one, there is no way, no one looked into this school beforehand… So far this game is already in the black, Voltage will have to do a lot to get into my good graces with this title, and a few DDIWT cameos are not enough.