Hello fellow Heroes and Travelers, here we are at the end of another week! I know I said this is my Summer Blog Plans post, but I have two exciting announcements this week! The first being that I finally heard back from a job! So, I’m officially employed for the summer!!! But on the flip side, I’m still looking for a permanent position…so yeah…
The second piece of news is that I’m gonna be the assistant editor over at Ice Gauntlet, so,yay! My little brother graduated on Saturday so I went home for a few days for that. Got to hang out with my little brothers and the rest of my family over the Memorial Day Weekend!
- Support the Otome Visual Novel- Caramel Mokaccino– Summer is here, and with it comes the promise of even more otome visual novel goodness, this time I’m going to cover the super sweet, Caramel Mokacchino. From what I can see Caramel Mokaccino looks like a stat based otome game, similar to games like Always Remember Me and Winter In Fairbrook. But, the art looks gorgeous and the gameplay looks fun, so I’m interested to see the polished game when it’s released.
- From Machine to Man: DRAMAtical Murder- Clear Review– Clear is the most upbeat of the available love interests, and his route is full of hilariously over the top moments. I think I laughed myself silly during the first half of the route, but suddenly without me noticing, Clear’s route did a complete 180. There is so much more to Clear than meets the eye, and I never expected this route to be the most emotional and heart-wrenching route of the game.
- Summer Blogging Plans– Here’s a list of all of the games I plan on playing and reviewing this summer. This is a tentative list and I may add or drop games as I see fit. So if you want to know what to expect on Nice Job Breaking It, Hero this summer this is a must read post!
- From Consciousness to Reality: DRAMAtical Murder-Ren Review & Final Thoughts on DRAMAtical Murder– I can’ believe I’m finally done with DRAMAtical Murder! Closing out the game is Aoba’s allmate companion Ren. This is the true route of the game, revealing all of the unanswered questions and loose ends from the other four routes in the game.
- The Cyborg Executive Who Stole My Heart: My Wedding and the 7 Rings-Seiichirou Hayami– Sei is the facilitator of the late CEO’s will, and the man in charge of the Marriage Program. At work he is one of the top executives of the Sanno Corporation, having worked under the former CEO, his skills are second to none. But, his emotionless disposition has lead to him being referred to as a cyborg among his peers. Is there more to his unreadable expressions than meets the eye?
- Fangirl Moment: Blue Morning– Blue Morning (Yuuutsu no Asa) by Shoko Hidaka, is a six volume ongoing historical boys love manga. The series follows the relationship between Viscount Akihito Kuzo and his butler Tomoyuki Katsuragi, as Akihito navigates the status driven world of the aristocracy.
So, in case you missed it, here were the PokeNews announcements for the week:
- On June 2nd the Pokemon Company will be making another special announcement about Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon.
- The North American Beta for Pokemon GO is now underway.
- We got our first look at the Gen VII starters: Rowlet, Poppilo, and Litten, there will be another special Sun and Moon announcement on June 2nd!
- The release date for Pokemon Sun and Moon is November 18th 2016 (Nov.23rd for Europe)
New This Week:
- English Otome game, Seduce Me 2: Demon War, was finally released this week, purchase a copy of the game HERE for ONLY $10 on itch.io or on Steam!!
- Mystic Destinies: Serendipity of Aeons, the Tatsuya Main Story was finally released on Steam this week!!
- Upcoming otoge, Caramel Mokaccino was fully funded on Kickstarter this week! Yay! But, AppleCider still needs your support reaching their stretch goals, show your support, HERE.
- The Indiegogo campaign for BL visual novel Monstrous Lovers, is now over. ManEater Games was able to exceed their funding goal!
- For fans of the Zero Escape series (999 and Virtue’s Last Reward) the final game: Zero Time Dilemma, will be released on June 28th 2016!!!
- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney-Spirit of Justice, featuring both Phoenix and Apollo, will be coming to the West in September! I will keep ya’ll posted on that in the coming months.
- Check out the production blog/site for upcoming otoge, Dark Nights. The game will be free to play, but donations are appreciated, HERE.
- Finally, it has been brought to my attention that there is a game currently in production in Japan, Chase: Unsolved Cases Investigation Division – Distant Memories, that looks eerily similar to Hotel Dusk and Last Window! In fact the project is being led by the director of HD and LW, and a number of former CiNG staff members are reportedly working on the project! Could this be a reboot? Only time will tell!!! (Special thanks to Mr. Panda for the tip!)
This Week’s Voltage Releases:
- The title for Voltage Inc.’s next app was finally revealed and it’s…. Era of Samurai- Code of Love!
- In Scandal in the Spotlight, Our First Birthday Together -Ryo– sub story is now available for purchase.
- In Butler Until Midnight, Yuma’s Season 2- Midnight Warmth, is now available for purchase.
- In Enchanted in the Moonlight, Special Story: Tears in the Rain is now available for purchase.
- Akito’s and Tamaki’s Main Story POV is now available for purchase in My Forged Wedding.
- In Our Two Bedroom Story, Ayame Suo’s Epilogue is now available for purchase.
- In After School Affairs, Kenzo Yasukawa’s “A” is for Affair and Kenzo’s Secret are now available for purchase.
- In Bad Boys Do It Better, the sub story, Lovers’ Getaway is now available.
- In Scandal in the Spotlight, the special story, Revance Fest 2016 is now available for purchase.
- In Our Two Bedroom Story, Kaoru and Chiaki’s High School Story sub story is now available for purchase.
- In My Last First Kiss, Mokoto Morimachi’s special story Everything Before Us is now available for purchase.
- In Our Two Bedroom Story, Our Host Club Story is now available for purchase.
- In Star Crossed Myth, Divine Trip for Two- Wishes is now available for purchase.
- The first 5 chapters for Butler Until Midnight’s Clandestine Romance for Aoi, Yuma, and Tomoki are available for free until June 13th.
Voltage AmeMix Releases:
- Medusa’s Season 3 MS 1 is now available for purchase in Astoria Fates Kiss.
- Main Story 2 for Aurora James is now available for purchase in Gangsters in Love.
- All characters Season 1 stories are available for purchase as Bundles (20% off) in Astoria Fates Kiss.
There have been no major changes to the blog this week… However, I do want to announce that I will now be doing full game reviews for non mobile games. Instead I will reserve individual character reviews for mobile games (i.e. Shall We Date, Voltage, etc), since I rarely buy all of the available love interests for those games in the first place. From time to time I will make exceptions to this rule: ex. if a game is really long, or if individual character routes are drastically different from one another, or if I feel that a character deserves an in depth analysis… I’m going to gradually shift into this change, first starting with full reviews for English Otome games, eventually expanding this for all otome reviews. This means that the rate at which I post reviews will be considerably slower than in the past… But, like I said, I’m going to gradually ease into this…so, don’t panic!
I really want to hear from you guys, let me know what you think of Nice Job Breaking It, Hero. What do you think about this change? Would you guys prefer, I continue doing individual reviews for non mobile games? Do you guys like my posts? Is there something you think I should fix or add? Please feel free to let me know here in the comments section, or you can ask me anonymously on Tumblr (just let me know that you’re from WordPress)!
So for next week, as of right now there will be no new posts, I am severely behind with my gaming and I need to take a week off from posting to catch up. I thought I would have some of my reviews done by now but, it’s just not gonna happen. If I rush through my current playthroughs, I’ll end up writing half assed reviews, which wouldn’t be fair to you guys. So I’m gonna take it slow for a bit…However, I do have a post about the June Pokemon 20th Anniversary Pokemon Distribution coming your way on Wednesday June 1st, so keep and eye out for that!
As of right now, I’m currently playing Seduce Me 2 and so far I’ve finished James and Erik’s routes, but I’m working on Sam’s right now. I am really enjoying this game, and since it’s a full game review, it’s taking me a little longer to write up than usual. The review for that should be done in about 2 weeks from now on either Monday or Tuesday, so look out for that.
In between playthroughs of SM2, I will be playing through some of my Voltage backlog, starting with Astoria Fates Kiss. I have a review in the works for Hydra’s first sub story Private Lies and his Season 2 Main Stories. I am also going to commit to playing through some of the other character’s Season 1 stories as well, since I skipped most of them.
I promise I will be back with more posts starting June 6th! But, in the meantime I will be working hard write up some quality reviews for you guys!
This week’s poll is the same as last week: When do you typically read game reviews? Since this is a gaming blog, I was curious about when you guys read my reviews…and thus this poll was born!! Let me know by voting! The poll will be open until next Saturday at 11:59PM! You can find it in the side bar (or if you are using a phone/tablet @ the bottom of the page). If you still can’t find it, click the link HERE! I look forward to your responses!
Here we are again at the end of another Recap Post, where I highlight five interesting posts from other bloggers that showed up on my Reader this past week…
Anime Review- Pokemon Origins– For years fans of the Pokemon game series have been begging for an anime series that stays true to the events of the games. Well someone out there was listening, and a four episode mini series, Pokemon Origins was born. The short series covers the events of the original Pokemon games perfectly and old fans like me were blown away by how truly awesome it was. This blogger offers an honest review of the series, which is a must read for PokeFan’s both old and new.
The Curious Case of Dub vs. Sub– Subbed vs Dubbed is probably the most polarizing debate in the anime community. With more and more series being licensed everyday, elitist still hold to their respective sides, in a stalemate that has ended friendships and sparked heated online civil wars. This blogger offers an insightful overview of both sides of the debate, alongside personal observations. This is a must read for all anime fans regardless of their stance on the matter.
Do’s and Don’t’s on How to be a Happy Anime/Manga Fan– This post is a part of the Fujinsei Kempo lesson series, which highlight keys for having enjoyable otaku relations both online and off. This time around this blogger is covering the do’s and don’t’s of anime/manga happiness. These short suggestions are both fun and informative, and I highly suggest reading them. From personal happiness to universal community wide anime enjoyment, this is a great post full of many important Otaku-centric lessons.
Lita’s Discussion Time: The Misuse of Weeabo– There are so many words used to describe anime fans, most of which aren’t so nice. The worst of these epithets is weeabo, a term that is commonly used to refer to all anime fans. But, what users don’t realize is that there is a distinctly negative connotation. This blogger gives some excellent insight into the origins of the word and offers an informed overview of its use by anime fans and non-fans. This is a great post, I highly recommend giving it a read when you have the time.
Anime Memes- Some of My Favorites– It’s all in the title with this post… This blogger presents their favorite anime memes from around the web. I couldn’t help but laugh at these funny pics. If you’ve been having a bad week or you’re feeling down, this post is a must read.
So here we are at the end of this week’s post! Be sure to check out some of the bloggers from this week’s Weekly Blogger Spotlight, drop them a line! Strike up a conversation or make a new friend! Don’t be shy get out there and mingle! Also, don’t worry if your post wasn’t featured in this week’s post, keep writing and keep posting! I’ll keep my eye out!
See something in your Reader this week that you wanna share? Tell me what you think about my post? Anything you want to see more of? Less of? Have an idea for a post? Shoot me a line in the comments section or Ask Me anonymously on my Tumblr! Don’t be shy, I swear I don’t bite! I appreciate input and discussions from my readers so let your voice be heard…and finally, as always Thank You for reading!
Categories: Last Week Today