Hello, fellow heroes and travelers, here we are at the end of yet another week! This past week has been a little crazy! I have been sending out job applications like crazy and I finally heard back from one! I had the interview on Friday and I should hear back on Monday, so I’ll be playing the waiting game until then… My prospects look good for the job, but we’ll see….finger’s crossed!
So, I have a bit of an announcement to make! One of my younger brothers is graduating from High School on Saturday! I’m so proud of him!!! Yay! But, that means that I’ll be in Georgia for this weekend… *fidgets* …so I won’t be able to get the May 22nd to May 28th Last Week Today Post out to you guys on Sunday May 29th as planned…I should be able to get it out to you guys on Monday May 30th instead though… Just a heads up!
This week was a weird week for posting…My writer’s block cleared itself nicely, so I was able to post, but I still feel kind of blah…
- Top 5 Best Voltage Games– Voltage Inc has certainly come up with so many amazing games, these are the cream of the crop the games I could play over and over again without getting bored. This is part two of a suggested post series, for the first part go, HERE. So this was a hard list to come up with, I enjoy different aspects of each and every Voltage Inc game for different reasons. These games are on here because of my feelings about the entire game, and in no way a reflection of the individual characters in the game.
- [Full Game Review] English Otome-Seduce Me–Released in 2015, Seduce Me is a FREE fully voiced PC English visual novel, produced by Seraphim Entertainment and created by Michaela Laws. The game follows eighteen year old Mika Anderson as she embarks on a supernatural romance with five handsome incubi. The game’s sequel Seduce Me 2: The Demon War was set for release on May 20th.
- The Silent Butler Who Stole My Heart: Butler Until Midnight- Kyo Aizawa– It’s taken me awhile, but this character was chosen by you guys about four weeks ago during that week’s poll. Well I listened, and I couldn’t have been more pleased with this choice, give yourselves a pat on the back this was and excellent route. Kyo Aizawa is a dedicated and capable butler, he silently obeys the commands of his employer without any complaint. At first his quiet nature is unsettling, but the more time the MC spends with him, the more she realizes that there is so much more to his blank expressions than she ever knew.
- Fangirl Moment: The Lord of the Rings-Fellowship of the Ring–Originally released in between 1954 and 1955, Lord of the Rings, was supposed to be published as one complete work. However, the publisher decided to split the work into three separate volumes: Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers, and Return of the King. The central conflict of the story revolves around the One Ring, which was created by the Dark Lord Sauron to assist him in his efforts to enslave all of Middle Earth. However, before his plan could be fully realized, the ring became lost and peace descended upon Middle Earth.
So, in case you missed it, here were the PokeNews announcements for the week:
- The Shiny Yveltal event is now in full swing until May 26th.
- The Pokemon 20th Anniversary Darkrai distribution is in full swing until May 24th so don’t forget to pick up your serial number from Gamestop (in the US) before then.
- We got our first look at the Gen VII starters: Rowlet, Poppilo, and Litten, there will be another special Sun and Moon announcement on June 2nd!
- The release date for Pokemon Sun and Moon is November 18th 2016 (Nov.23rd for Europe)
New This Week:
- An update for Backstage Pass has been released by Sakevisual. If you purchased the game on Steam, it will automatically update, but if you purchased the game from itch.io, download the update, HERE.
- A forbidden romance between step siblings… Mobile otoge, Otouto Scramble is now available for purchase in the App Store and Google Play.
- Mystic Destinies: Serendipity of Aeons, the Tatsuya Main Story Steam release is delayed (probably Monday).
- The official release of English Otome game, Seduce Me 2: Demon War, has been pushed back due to unforeseen circumstances. However, you can still pre-order Seduce Me 2, HERE for ONLY $10!!
- Upcoming otoge, Caramel Mokaccino was fully funded on Kickstarter this week! Yay! But, AppleCider still needs your support reaching their stretch goals, show your support, HERE.
- The Indiegogo campaign for BL visual novel Monstrous Lovers, has been EXTENDED UNTIL MAY 24th, show your support, HERE. Their funding goal has been met, but still show your support!!!
- For fans of the Zero Escape series (999 and Virtue’s Last Reward) the final game: Zero Time Dilemma, will be released on June 28th 2016!!!
- Shall We Date: Eternal Vows, is now available in the App Store and on Google Play!
- Cyanide Tea’s 2016 NaNoRenO submission, Were We Set Our Scene, is available for purchase,HERE, for only $4.99.
- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney-Spirit of Justice, featuring both Phoenix and Apollo, will be coming to the West in September! I will keep ya’ll posted on that in the coming months.
- Check out the production blog/site for upcoming otoge, Dark Nights. The game will be free to play, but donations are appreciated, HERE.
- Finally, it has been brought to my attention that there is a game currently in production in Japan, Chase: Unsolved Cases Investigation Division – Distant Memories, that looks eerily similar to Hotel Dusk and Last Window! In fact the project is being led by the director of HD and LW, and a number of former CiNG staff members are reportedly working on the project! Could this be a reboot? Only time will tell!!! (Special thanks to Mr. Panda for the tip!)
This Week’s Voltage Releases:
- In After School Affairs, Kenzo Yasukawa’s Main Story, POV, and After School Rendezvous are now available for purchase.
- In Enchanted in the Moonlight, Special Story: Fated Romance~Paws or Claws?~ is now available for purchase.
- In Bad Boys Do It Better, Keiichirou Minase’s Main Story and Epilogue are now available.
- In Scandal in the Spotlight, Our First Birthday Together -Takashi – and Our First Birthday Together -Nagito –sub stories are now available for purchase.
- In Our Two Bedroom Story, Kaoru and Chiaki’s High School Story sub story is now available for purchase.
- In My Last First Kiss, Mokoto Morimachi’s Season 2: Sweet Memories and A Kiss to Remember stories are now available for purchase.
- In Our Two Bedroom Story, Ayame Suo’s Main story is now available for purchase.
- In Star Crossed Myth, Aigonorus’s Main Story, Epilogue, and POV are now available for purchase.
- In Kissed by the Baddest Bidder, Episode 0: The Promise, Your Perfect Husband: Soryu, and Season 2 Bundles are now available for purchase.
Voltage AmeMix Releases:
- Hydra’s Season 3 MS 3 is now available for purchase in Astoria Fates Kiss.
- Main Story 1 for Aurora James is now available for purchase in Gangsters in Love.
- All characters Season 1 stories are available for purchase as Bundles (20% off) in Astoria Fates Kiss.
So, this week, I added a new sub heading to the Games tab on the Main Menu….Demos & Betas!!! I will now include reviews for upcoming game demos and betas, so be on the look out for those in the near future!!! I also want to add sub headings for the Fangirl Moments tab…Do you guys think I should or do you think it’ll be too much? Let me know in the comments section…
I am still Live Blogging my playthroughs of games over on my tumblr, if you ever want to know what my next review is, tumblr is the best way to find out. My posts always give me away. I just finished up blogging my playthrough of DRAMAtical Murder under the #Now Playing DMMd, so take a look if you feel so inclined.
Here are the poll results from the last post, looks like most of you guys are mobile gamers!
I really want to hear from you guys, let me know what you think of Nice Job Breaking It, Hero. What did you guys think of my first Full Game Review? Was it too long? Do you like my posts? Is there something you think I should fix or add? Please feel free to let me know here in the comments section, or you can ask me anonymously on Tumblr (just let me know that you’re from WordPress)!
So, good news, my writer’s block is finally over! Rejoice! But, because of it I don’t have many posts ready for you guys, so I’ll be playing catch up for a bit…But, don’t worry, I have this week’s posts already done!
But the biggest news of the week is that I am finally done with DRAMAtical Murder! It took me nine months to do it, but I am officially done with all of the routes for this game! I feel so weird now that I’m done…DMMd has been a constant on this blog since the beginning, so I’m a little sad to see it done. I’m going to miss it…but, I guess that’s what Re:Connect is for! Yes, I will play and review Re:Connect… No, I won’t be playing it anytime soon, I need some space from Aoba and Co… too much drama….
I still plan on taking my time in the upcoming weeks, but rest assured I will still be fairly active updating you guys with reviews as I go. What I said last week holds true though:
I’m also in no rush to complete any other games at this time, because quite frankly, gaming was starting to become a bit of a chore, which is something I absolutely never wanted to happen. So I’m going to take my time these next few weeks. I’ve tossed out my schedule a bit, so everything outside of DMMd is on an indefinite hold! Instead, I will be playing what I want and catching up on some anime that I’ve been neglecting…
So, on to this week’s posts: On Monday, I will cover another otome Kickstarter campaign, so get ready for that!!! Now that I am done with DMMd expect my reviews for Clear and Ren, on Tuesday and Wednesday, respectively. On Thursday, I will be posting the long awaited review of Seiichirou Hayami from My Wedding and the 7 Rings (between you and me this was the reason I had writer’s block). On Friday, I will post about another BL manga, that I recently purchased, so be on the look out for that.
I finally have a new poll for you guys, sorry for the delay. This week’s poll is : When do you typically read game reviews? Since this is a gaming blog, I was curious about when you guys read my reviews…and thus this poll was born!! Let me know by voting! The poll will be open for two weeks this time! You can find it in the side bar (or if you are using a phone/tablet @ the bottom of the page). If you still can’t find it, click the link HERE! I look forward to your responses!
Here we are again at the end of another Recap Post, where I highlight five interesting posts from other bloggers that showed up on my Reader this past week…
Lists- I need 5!– Any blogger that has tried to write a Top “fill in #” list knows just how difficult a task that can be. This blogger gives a short and honest look at list making and the difficulty of choosing the “right” number of entries. Everyone can relate to this post on some level and it is definitely a must read!
Anime That Never Gets Old? Welcome Princess to…– I absolutely adore this blogger and just about everything she writes. On top of that she is super sweet and always open to chatting on Twitter or on WordPress!!! So this week she wrote another post in the 30 Day (Week) Anime Challenge, this week’s prompt is, An anime that never gets old. So, she wrote about one of my absolute favorite anime Ouran High School Host Club! This is truly a lovely post from a lovely blogger and a must read!
A Look Back on Sailor Says– So, if like me, you had the pleasure of watching Sailor Moon back in the 90’s in the US, you’ll remember the ‘Sailor Says’ segments. These were poorly edited filler segments tacked on to the end of every episode of Sailor Moon, in order to make “fighting evil by moonlight’ and ‘winning love by daylight’ somehow more educational for young girls. The author of this post explores just how influential those segments were, in an honest yet nostalgic post!
NEETaku Rants: Can We Have an Intelligent Shounen Hero for Once?– I absolutely love reading this blogger’s posts, they are simply the funniest rants I’ve ever read! This time around, NEETaku covers dumb shounen heroes! I’ve hated how stupid shounen heroes always seemed to be for years, and this blogger definitely gave a voice to my thoughts on the subject. Go, read it now, it’s absolutely worth it!
The Yaoi Fangirl That Fell in Love With Bara– Okay, so this is one of those topics that fans of Boys Love tend to shy away from. In addition to traditional yaoi, written by women for women (and men); there is another genre called Bara. Bara, like yaoi depicts Male on Male relationships, except they are traditionally written for men by men. They usually depict more masculine men than their yaoi counterparts, but the stories are no less interesting. This blogger, gives a very candid and personal account of Bara through the eyes of a ‘Yaoi Fangirl’, this is a must read for fan of BL and yaoi!
Honorable Mentions and Wild Cards
So it was harder than usual to narrow down this list and since I’ll be late with next week’s post anyway, here are two Honorable Mentions/Wild Card entries. I really liked these posts, but for the sake of my self imposed rules (5 entries only and no two posts can be from the same author), they didn’t quite make the cut. But, that doesn’t mean they weren’t good enough, far from it…. so, I bent the rules a bit this week…
So here we are at the end of this week’s post! Be sure to check out some of the bloggers from this week’s Weekly Blogger Spotlight, drop them a line! Strike up a conversation or make a new friend! Don’t be shy get out there and mingle! Also, don’t worry if your post wasn’t featured in this week’s post, keep writing and keep posting! I’ll keep my eye out!
See something in your Reader this week that you wanna share? Tell me what you think about my post? Anything you want to see more of? Less of? Have an idea for a post? Shoot me a line in the comments section or Ask Me anonymously on my Tumblr! Don’t be shy, I swear I don’t bite! I appreciate input and discussions from my readers so let your voice be heard…and finally, as always Thank You for reading!