So, the countdown is over… On Thursday at 11:30AM (EST) I officially graduated from my University! I have officially completed my master’s program… Just in case anyone is curious, my full degree title is: Master of Science in Global Health… So now I’m hotter by two degrees! (I’m sorry, it was a bad joke… 😛 )
The ceremony was fun, but extremely long and tiring. I had to get up super early to drive all the way to my University which is about an hour away (hour and a half on the train), only to have to wait outside until it was time for us to do the processional thingy. The waiting wasn’t so bad, I took a ton of pictures and chatted with my classmates about all the stuff we planned on doing after graduation. Mostly we complained about the robes we had to wear lol, for your Masters, the robes come with weird hooked sleeves… Oh and my cap wouldn’t stay on straight, but it looked cooler that way. My folks drove up from Georgia for the ceremony, so when I walked into the auditorium, they started shouting my name, which was reassuring…. The whole thing is kind of a blur, it seemed really long while I was waiting for everything to start…But, now that I think about it, everything seemed to happen so fast. I guess that’s just how these things go…
- From Pain to Pleasure: DRAMAtical Murder- Noiz Review– I did not expect to love this route as much as I did, but oh boy did I ever! Noiz is hands down my favorite route of the game! Noiz is the creep who drive by Rhymes Aoba in the common route. At first his blunt attitude rubbed me the wrong way, but the more I played, the more I began to like this socially awkward bunny!
- PokeNews: Special Pokemon Moon and Sun Announcement– So, earlier this week, Nintendo and the Pokemon Company revealed the starters of the upcoming seventh generation games Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon! We were treated to the games’ first trailer, which gave us our first look at the Alola region and the games’ legendary mascots. Finally, we finally got a concrete release date for both games!!!
- From Bondage to Freedom: DRAMAtical Murder- Mink Review– Mink is the leader of the prison Rhyme team Scratch, and to be honest that’s all that anyone really knows about him. He shares little with his fellow team members, and has a tendency to speak with his fists. But, beneath his stoic exterior lies a complex character whose emotions run much deeper than anyone around him could ever imagine. I was surprised by this route, I definitely got to see a different side of Mink than I expected.
- My Top 10 Favorite Generation Two Pokemon– Since Thursday was the day of my graduation, I thought it only fitting to release my Top Ten Gen II Pokemon list on the same day! Johto is where I started my Pokemon Journey, so gen II is the generation nearest and dearest to my heart. Generation two introduced us a brand new region to discover and 100 new Pokemon love. Each of the amazing Pokemon on this list have a special place in heart!
- Fangirl Moment: Mirai Sentai Timeranger– So for this week’s Fangirl Friday, I decided to write about my favorite Super Sentai series! Mirai Sentai Timeranger is the twenty-fourth Super Sentai series, originally released between 2000 and 2001. This show starts in the year 3000, when Time travel has been fully developed as a common technological advancement. In order to prevent its abuse, the Time Police were formed to regulate it.
This week the Pokemon Company was feeling especially generous to us Pokemon Trainers… So, in case you missed it, here were the PokeNews announcements for the week:
- The Shiny Xerneas event is now in full swing until May 17th.
- We got our first look at the Gen VII starters: Rowlet, Poppilo, and Litten!
- The release date for Pokemon Sun and Moon is November 18th 2016 (Nov.23rd for Europe)
In other news:
- The Indiegogo campaign for BL visual novel Monstrous Lovers, has been EXTENDED UNTIL MAY 24th, show your support, HERE, they only need a few hundred dollars more to meet their goal.
- You can now pre-order Seduce Me 2, HERE for ONLY $10!!
- The English release of OZMAFIA!! is finally out, purchase the game HERE!
- For fans of the Zero Escape series (999 and Virtue’s Last Reward) the final game: Zero Time Dilemma, will be released on June 28th 2016!!!
- Shall We Date: Eternal Vows, is now available in the App Store and on Google Play!
- Cyanide Tea’s 2016 NaNoRenO submission, Were We Set Our Scene, is available for purchase, HERE, for only $4.99.
- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney-Spirit of Justice, featuring both Phoenix and Apollo, will be coming to the West in September! I will keep ya’ll posted on that in the coming months.
- Check out the production blog/site for upcoming otoge, Dark Nights. The game will be free to play, but donations are appreciated, HERE.
- Finally, it has been brought to my attention that there is a game currently in production in Japan, Chase: Unsolved Cases Investigation Division – Distant Memories, that looks eerily similar to Hotel Dusk and Last Window! In fact the project is being led by the director of HD and LW, and a number of former CiNG staff members are reportedly working on the project! Could this be a reboot? Only time will tell!!! (Special thanks to Mr. Panda for the tip!)
Voltage definitely likes to hit us where it hurt…Here are this week’s releases:
- From May 14th-May 16th, Voltage Inc is holding another Super Sale in 15 of their Apps!!!
- In Our Two Bedroom Story, Kaoru and Chiaki’s High School Story sub story is now available for purchase.
- In My Last First Kiss, Ichiya’s Season 2 Loving Together story is now available for purchase.
- In Scandal in the Spotlight, Our First Birthday Together -Iori- sub story is now available for purchase.
- In Bad Boys Do It Better, Winning for Love sub story is now available.
- In Kissed by the Baddest Bidder, Bound in Love: Eisuke, is available for purchase.
- In Kiss of Revenge, Naoya Hasegawa’s stories are now available.
- In Enchanted in the Moonlight, Chikage’s Season 2 Sequel & Sequel Epilogue: Seeds of Doubt in Love’s Garden are now available for purchase.
- In After School Affairs, Shinichi and Hidetaka’s Private Lesson~ 2nd Period~ is now available for purchase.
- In Butler Until Midnight, Tomoki’s Season 2: Clandestine Romance In His Eyes is now available for purchase.
In Voltage AmeMix:
- Hydra’s Season 3 MS 2 is now available for purchase in Astoria Fates Kiss.
- Main Story 3 for Ash Winters is now available for purchase in Gangsters in Love.
- All characters Season 1 stories are available for purchase as Bundles (20% off) in Astoria Fates Kiss.
No new blog updates this week, which means one of two things: 1) I’m being lazy or 2) I finally have the blog exactly where I want it (for now)… You guys decide which it is.
I am still Live Blogging my playthroughs of games over on my tumblr, if you ever want to know what my next review is, tumblr is the best way to find out. My posts always give me away. Currently I am live blogging my playthroughs of Clear’s route in DRAMAtical Murder under the #Now Playing DMMd and #Clear has no chill, so take a look if you feel so inclined.
I really want to hear from you guys, let me know what you think of Nice Job Breaking It, Hero. Do you like my post? Is there something you think I should fix or add? Please feel free to let me know here in the comments section, or you can ask me anonymously on Tumblr (just let me know that you’re from WordPress)!
Sorry, but the poll will remain the same for another week… I have been have been really busy with graduation stuff and job hunting, so I haven’t had time to make up a new one…
So, I have been dreading this part of the post…because if I’m being honest, I’m not done with the reviews for this week at all. Clear’s route in DMMd is taking longer than I expected to finish, and I kind of hit a bit of writers block on one of my Voltage reviews that I was working on for you guys… I’m also in no rush to complete any other games at this time, because quite frankly, gaming was starting to become a bit of a chore, which is something I absolutely never wanted to happen. So I’m going to take my time these next few weeks. I’ve tossed out my schedule a bit, so everything outside of DMMd is on an indefinite hold! Instead, I will be playing what I want and catching up on some anime that I’ve been neglecting… My anime hiatus (it’s been months since my last anime) is officially over! The anime that ended it was, Haven’t You Heard, I’m Sakamoto, which is hilarious!
So, there will be fewer posts this week and possibly next week…I’m clearing out my drafts a bit, so on Monday expect my Top 5 Best Voltage Games, I’ve been sitting on this post for a few weeks now and I finally feel like it’s time for you guys to see it. On Wednesday I will post my review for Kyo from Butler Until Midnight. Depending on how I feel (and whether I can finish it before Friday), I have one more review for an English Otome that I’m working on. And on Friday, I will post
my resume, cus I really need a job, about a book I read a little while ago.
This week’s poll is the same as last week: How do you Otome? Tell me where do you typically play otome games? Let me know by voting! The poll will be open until I come up with a new poll (sorry)! You can find it in the side bar (or if you are using a phone/tablet @ the bottom of the page). If you still can’t find it, click the link HERE! I look forward to your responses!
So, I ended up saving myself a lot of grief by skipping the school wide ceremony on Saturday! So, I was able to do a proper Weekly Blogger Spotlight after all. Here we are again at the end of another Recap Post, where I highlight five interesting posts from other bloggers that showed up on my Reader this past week…
Pub encounter/ Huniepop– I cannot tell you how hard I laughed reading this post! This blogger looks at two game: Pub Encounter and Huniepop. This is a hilariously honest and informative post, and definitely a must read. My favorite part about this post is the comparison this blogger draws between male oriented dating sims and female oriented dating sims…Seems to me like guys have it a lot harder when it comes to 2D love.
Captain America: Civil War- Top 5 Funniest Moments– So, I told you guys about seeing Captain America: Civil War last week so it seems only fitting that I include a Civil War post in this week’s Weekly Blogger Spotlight! Civil War is a solid edition to the MCU, but not for the reasons you might expect. While the real MVPs of the film were Spidey, T’Challa (Black Panther), and Ant-Man, the jokes are really what stole the show! This post counts down the top gut busting moments in Civil War, get ready to relive the laughter!
The Weird Journey Through Male Ego– This is my favorite post of the week, like I literally waited a whole week so I could post this!! This blogger talks about one of the weirdest anime I’ve ever seen in my entire life, Mysterious Girlfriend X. Where the two leads share their feelings and thoughts by swapping spit….literally. I won’t go into to much detail, but this blogger does an excellent job of normalizing some of the more off the wall aspects of this series. They make the argument that Mysterious Girlfriend X is really a memorial of all the weird, awkwardness of teenage love.
What Inspires You the Most About Anime?– Anime means a lot of things for a lot of different people. Some become empowered by the characters they see, while others gain inspiration to create. This author wants to know what about anime inspires you? This is discussion post, so feel free to check out the prompt and leave a comment!
Let’s Talk: Kiss of Revenge– This is a very casual overview of the newly revived Voltage Inc game, Kiss of Revenge. A story of one woman’s quest for revenge that ends up becoming a dramatic romance towards the end. The author of this post highlights details about the westernization of the translation and the unrealistic nature of the plot. This is a very honest post, and a must read!
So here we are at the end of this week’s post! Be sure to check out some of the bloggers from this week’s Weekly Blogger Spotlight, drop them a line! Strike up a conversation or make a new friend! Don’t be shy get out there and mingle! Also, don’t worry if your post wasn’t featured in this week’s post, keep writing and keep posting! I’ll keep my eye out!
See something in your Reader this week that you wanna share? Tell me what you think about my post? Anything you want to see more of? Less of? Have an idea for a post? Shoot me a line in the comments section or Ask Me anonymously on my Tumblr! Don’t be shy, I swear I don’t bite! I appreciate input and discussions from my readers so let your voice be heard…and finally, as always Thank You for reading!