So now that I’m done with school the real work begins…yep… JOB HUNTING… The single most soul crushing experience I’ve ever had to subject myself to. No really, if you do it right it’ll have you feeling like you’ve completely wasted your entire life on meaningless things… All the jobs I’ve applied for thus far either require experience that can only be obtained by working said job or it’s a job specifically for recent grads but they require 20 years of experience. Mind you I’m 25, so in order for that to happen, I’d have had to have started working when I was 5, maybe 4 1/2, if you’re a real go-getter… Ugh just give me the job already…
In other, slightly less depressing news, my graduation is on May 12th! Yay! My family is coming into town for the event and a few friends will swing by to watch me strut across the stage too! So just a few days and a few steps stand between me and my diploma! I can’t wait do be done with school…at least for a little while anyway. 🙂
I also saw Captain America Civil War on Thursday, it was awesome! I finally feel like we got a perfect depiction of Spider-Man! See, proof that not every superhero needs his/her own stand alone movie, look at Mark Ruffalo’s Hulk…he was a SMASH! (I’m sorry, I promise I won’t do that again…)
- The Guy I Like is a Capricorn: Starry Sky in Spring-Yoh Review– Like the first time I played the game, I chose Yoh Tomoe as the first love interest, because he was the character that left the biggest impression on me. Again, let me stress that my opinion has changed significantly since the first time that I played this game. While I liked the game overall, I feel like the individual routes were predictable and full of fluff moments. I enjoyed Yoh’s characterization in the game, but there were a few moments when I found myself rolling my eyes at the lets be friends forever theme.
- The Guy I Like is a Pisces: Starry Sky in Spring-Kanata Review– So, for my second route of the game I chose to pursue Kanata, he was probably the character I was looking forward to the most. I love tsundere characters, I find their hot/cold personalities cute, they are my otoge bias. Kanata was everything you’d expect from a tsundere, it’s obvious that he is in love with Tsukiko, but he keeps his feelings hidden…though to be honest, the only person really fooled by his act is Tsukiko.
- The Guy I Like is a Cancer: Starry Sky in Spring-Suzuya Review– So of all the love interests in this game, Suzuya was the one that I was looking forward to the least. And after my lukewarm feelings about Kanata and Yoh, I wasn’t really expecting much. Suzuya his the most mature guy in the group and designated Mama Hen. While the others are bickering like children, he’s the one who acts as mediator.
- Hotel Dusk: Room 215-Game Review–When a routine job leads him to an out of the way hotel, Kyle Hyde is dragged into a long since buried secret that threatens to bring past sins into the present. He must weed out the lies and uncover a truth that certain people want to keep buried. Check out my review of the 2007 Nintendo DS single-player adventure visual novel Hotel Dusk: Room 215.
- Fangirl Moment-Banana Fish–Banana Fish, a 19 volume classic manga series by Akimi Yoshida, that was released between 1985 and 1994. The series follows the handsome and street-wise Aslan, and a young assistant photographer from Japan, Eiji as they fight to overthrow corrupt crime boss Papa Dino. This manga has everything, gang battles, political deals, mysterious drugs, romance (?), drama, angst, tragedy, and to tie it all up, subtle (like really subtle) BL undertones. It’s my all time favorite series.
- Last Window: The Secret of Cape West– So much has changed since that fateful trip to Hotel Dusk, a year ago. For Kyle Hyde the past never seems to stay in the past. The past and the present collide as the secrets of Cape West hit close to home for our former gumshoe turned salesman. Check out my review of the 2010 Nintendo DS single-player adventure visual novel Last Window: The Secret of Cape West.
This week the Pokemon Company was feeling especially generous to us Pokemon Trainers… So, in case you missed it, here were the PokeNews announcements for the week:
- May 1st saw the start of Pokemon 20th Anniversary Legendary Pokemon Distribution-Darkrai.
- May 2nd saw the start of a surprise Pokemon distribution for the X and Y Legendary Zygarde, trainers have until May 8th to take advantage of this event.
- Trainers will be able to snag a Shiny Xerneas and a Shiny Yveltal later on this month through the Mystery Gift function in Pokemon X, Y, and ORAS.
- For trainers with a subscription to the Pokemon Trainer Club Newsletter, were treated to serial codes for the Generation I Legendary Bird Trio, each with a special hidden ability.
In other news:
- The Indiegogo campaign for BL visual novel Monstrous Lovers, has been EXTENDED UNTIL MAY 24th, show your support, HERE.
- The English release of OZMAFIA!! is finally out, purchase the game HERE!
Voltage definitely likes to hit us where it hurt…Here are this week’s releases:
- In Bad Boys Do It Better, Akira Sakaki’s Main Story & Epilogue are now available.
- In Enchanted in the Moonlight, Chikage’s Season 2 Sequel & Sequel Epilogue: Seeds of Doubt in Love’s Garden are now available for purchase.
- In After School Affairs, the Kiyonori and Rikiya exclusive sub story Private Lesson~1st Period~ is now available for purchase.
- In My Last First Kiss, Riku’s Season 2 Loving Together POV is now available for purchase.
- In Our Two Bedroom Story, Jealous Boyfriend sub story is now available for purchase.
- In Star Crossed Myth, Leon’s 3D- Voiced Special Story: Because I Adore You is available for purchase….for $7.99…
- In My Forged Wedding, Tamaki’s Season 2 Wedding Preparations & Epilogue are now available for purchase.
- Voltage has some Huge Surprise coming to 15 Apps Starting May 14th.
In Voltage AmeMix:
- Hydra’s Season 3 MS 1 is now available for purchase in Astoria Fates Kiss.
- Main Story 2 for Ash Winters is now available for purchase in Gangsters in Love.
- All characters Season 1 stories are available for purchase as Bundles (20% off) in Astoria Fates Kiss.
No new blog updates this week, which means one of two things: 1) I’m being lazy or 2) I finally have the blog exactly where I want it (for now)… You guys decide which it is.
I do need some help coming up with Fangirl Moments Posts and other Non-Review Post ideas. So if you have any suggestions or ideas they would be much appreciated! Please let me know either here in the comments section or on my tumblr, you can even leave it anonymously if you like, do that HERE.
I am still Live Blogging my playthroughs of games over on my tumblr, if you ever want to know what my next review is, tumblr is the best way to find out. My posts always give me away. Currently I am live blogging my playthroughs of the DRAMAtical Murder character routes (I have Clear and Ren left) under the #Now Playing DMMd, so take a look if you feel so inclined.
I don’t have a poll for you guys this week… So continue to vote on the existing poll for another week… Sorry, my brain is kind of fried on poll ideas at the moment…
I have been hacking away at my backlog, one route/game at a time, and I haven’t even made a dent in it yet. I am currently playing of Clear’s route in DMMd, which I should complete soon and then finally Ren! I’ve also finished the Voltage routes you guys selected from the two polls ago(?), so expect those reviews soon. When I am done with DMMd I will hit War: Valentine’s Edition, OZMAFIA, and random Voltage routes. Like I said last week, DMMd is the priority so I won’t be picking up any big games until after that’s done (Voltage doesn’t count, I can finish those in an hour)…
So for my planned posts this week… Since I’m halfway done with DMMd, I’m going to go ahead and get the reviews I have done, out to you guys this week (so that’ll be Noiz and Mink), probably Monday and Wednesday. I’m leaving Tuesday free for a post about the special Nintendo Pokemon Announcement… On Thursday, I’ll be posting my Top Ten Generation II Pokemon and on Friday I’ll cover something a little different from my past Fangirl Moments. Nothing crazy…just different, so be on the lookout for that! No post on Saturday since that’s the date of my Big Graduation Ceremony (the one with the entire school, so I don’t have to walk). As of right now the Last Week Today Post for Next Week is still on, I’ll try to do it in advanced. But, because I’ll probably have to do it super early this week, I’m gonna do something different for that post’s Weekly Blogger Spotlight.
This week’s poll is the same as last week: How do you Otome? Tell me where do you typically play otome games? Let me know by voting! The poll will be open until I come up with a new poll (sorry)! You can find it in the side bar (or if you are using a phone/tablet @ the bottom of the page). If you still can’t find it, click the link HERE! I look forward to your responses!
So here we are again at the end of another Recap Post, where I highlight five interesting posts from other bloggers that showed up on my Reader this past week…
Manga Review- Beast Master– Earlier this week I had a twitter conversation about how great Kyousuke Motomi’s manga series are…and then when I came upon this review in my Reader, it seemed like fate! Beast Master is a short quirky high school romance and one of my favorite shojo series. This blogger gives a very thorough and honest review of the 2 volume series, definitely give it a read!
First Footsteps– So if you’ve been following me for a while, you’ll know that I have a soft spot for personal anime origin posts…So, here we are with another one, this bloggers story struck a cord with me, for I too was a secret otaku. I can absolutely relate to having sneak around watching anime when my parents were out in small binges, never knowing when I’d be able to watch again. This post is a definite read for secret otaku and anime fans alike, I’m positive you’ll find something there that you can relate to.
Ozmafia Review 100%– I am still amazed that everyone seems to be breezing through the newly released Ozmafia so quickly! I have a hard time playing the games that I have, let alone new ones…but I digress, I have known this blogger for awhile now and I absolutely recommend this post! She always writes in-depth and funny game reviews (the gifs have me rolling), so definitely give this review a read, it’s both honest and informative!
What defines a ‘Guilty Pleasure’?– This blogger asks a really good question… What exactly is considered a guilty pleasure? Is it something universally panned? Or is it something everyone likes? This blogger attempts to offer an answer to through a brief anecdote, that is both honest and thought provoking. I highly recommend this post!
Video Game Challenge for May: Game Number Seventeen Revealed– I love reading about bloggers undertaking game challenges, especially when it concerns a game that I have played before. So when I saw that this blogger was tackling Apollo Justice, the first Ace Attorney game not to feature our spiky haired protagonist, Phoenix Wright, I was over the moon! I can’t wait to see where this challenge goes and to see what the blogger has to say about the game some fans of the series have labeled the ‘weakest’ Ace Attorney game to date.
So here we are at the end of this week’s post! Be sure to check out some of the bloggers from this week’s Weekly Blogger Spotlight, drop them a line! Strike up a conversation or make a new friend! Don’t be shy get out there and mingle! 😉 Also, don’t worry if your post wasn’t featured in this week’s post, keep writing and keep posting! I’ll keep my eye out!
See something in your Reader this week that you wanna share? Tell me what you think about my post? Anything you want to see more of? Less of? Have an idea for a post? Shoot me a line in the comments section or Ask Me anonymously on my Tumblr! Don’t be shy, I swear I don’t bite! I appreciate input and discussions from my readers so let your voice be heard…and finally, as always Thank You for reading!
Categories: Last Week Today