I am so glad that this week is over! So much for having free time to play games this week… Life saw that I had free time and did its damnedest to eliminate any hope of enjoying it! It seems like all of my school assignments were all due on Wednesday! EVERY SINGLE ONE! I had a presentation on Wednesday for a Worksite Wellness program I created and then I had an interview, which I’m pretty sure I bombed…But, the worst assignment by far has been my Big Graduation Research project! My professor ripped our paper a new one, so as a collective my team and I had over 100 revisions to make! I wanted to cry when I saw all the stuff she wanted us to change…
I managed to muddle through it all, only to realize that I have finals coming up soon that I have to study for…So what little free time I had left was devoted to playing Starry Sky in Spring…and like a fool buying more new games…
- My Top Five Favorite Yaoi/BL Titles– Starting off BL/Yaoi Week is a top five list of my favorite yaoi/BL title to date…There is no order, rhyme, or reason to this list…I love all of the series on this list for different reasons, so it didn’t make sense for me to rank them…*shrugs* I know that there are some great anime and OVAs out there but I want to highlight manga and manwha, so I won’t include any anime/OVA exclusives…
- Wait, Are those Guys Kissing?!: My Yaoi Journey- Part I-Okay, so I know that’s not really a secret, but it’s just occurred to me that I have never actually taken the time to explain how I got into yaoi. While, I’m not especially open about my love of the genre, I’m also not hiding it either. I guess it’s one of those unspoken things, that I don’t really go out of my way to talk about too often. In this post I explain how I got began my yaoi journey.
- Mini Review: DRAMAtical Murder–This is an exciting post for me, not only is this My 100th Post, but DRAMAtical Murder was the first game I ever reviewed on this blog! So this post is a really special post! DRAMAtical Murder is a 2012 Nitro+chiral sci-fi boys love visual novel. If you are familiar with Nitro+chiral’s other works, you’ll know that they have a flair for “dramatic” and “gruesome” endings, so consider yourself warned.
- Fangirl Moment: Ten Count–Ten Count is an ongoing (currently 4 volume) yaoi series by Takarai Rihito, the author being Seven Days and Only the Flower Knows. The series follows the relationship between mysophobic secretary Shirotani Tadaomi and clinic counselor Kurose. While the relationship between the two men is essential to the plot, a lot more focus is put on Shirotani’s mysophobia.
- The Indiegogo campaign for BL visual novel Monstrous Lovers, has been EXTENDED UNTIL MAY 24th, show your support, HERE.
- Free Indie game, Asagao Academy is now available on itch.io, HERE for free (but donations are welcome).
- The English release of OZMAFIA!! is less than a week away. For a limited time only, you can purchase it at a reduced price, HERE!
- The Men of Yoshiwara: Ohgiya is now 40% off in the Steam store until April 26th!
- NaNoRenO is finally over, check HERE for the completed submissions.
As always Voltage was really pumping out the stories this week:
- First up, the Voltage Spring Revival is now underway for Kiss of Revenge, Her Love in the Force, and My Sweet Bodyguard.
- New Stories added to Sweet Cafe for Scorpio, Leon, Huedhaut, Zyglavis, Tsumugu, Shuichiro, Luke, Asahi, Kai!
- In After School Affairs, the “A” is for Affair and After School Rendezvous stories for Hidetaka Sera are now available for purchase.
- In My Last First Kiss, Riku Morimachi’s Everything Before Us special story is now available for purchase.
- The February 2016 Special Login Story Your Perfect Husband: Eisuke is now available for purchase in Kissed by the Baddest Bidder.
- My Lovesick Butler: Itsuki is now available for purchase in Butler Until Midnight.
- Yu Agatsuma’s Main Story and POV stories are now available for purchase in Bad Boys Do It Better.
- All Main Stories for Irving Monroe are now available for purchase in Gangsters in Love.
- Rainy Day Date sub story available in Our Two Bedroom Story.
- Heavanly Pleasures from the 12 Gods-Punishments is now available for purchase.
How did you guys enjoy Yaoi/BL Week? This was the first “Theme Week” I’ve done on this blog and it was way more work than I imagined… But, I wanna hear from you: Was Yaoi/BL Week everything you’d hoped for or was it kind of meh? Do you wanna see more BL themed posts? Or is there something else you’d like to see on this blog? Let me know in the comments section!
So, you guys may have noticed that I changed the theme of the blog…I just felt like a change… still purple though! I also updated my About page and updated my picture there as well. I added a tab for Awards and Challenges to the top menu so you guys can see what I’ve already done…and I also categorized my Top 5 and Top 10 Lists under the Ramblings tab.
I have taken to Live Blogging my playthroughs of games over on my tumblr, if you ever want to know what my next review is, tumblr is the best way to find out. My posts always give me away. Currently I am live blogging my playthroughs of the DRAMAtical Murder common route and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney under the #Now Playing DMMd and #Now Playing Ace Attorney respectively, so take a look if you feel so inclined.
So without further ado, the results for the Poll, What Voltage Character Should I Play Next?
And the winners are Kyo Aizawa from Butler Until Midnight and Seiichirou Hayami from My Wedding and the 7 Rings. It looked like Kyo would steal the lead, but a last minute vote ended things in a tie. So it looks like these two guys will be the next Voltage routes that I tackle! This time around there was also one “Other” vote for Riku Morimachi from My Last First Kiss, I hadn’t even considered putting Riku on the list….maybe next time around.
I want to say a big THANK YOU to those who voted in this weeks poll!
I was so swamped with school last week, that I have nothing planned for this week…sorry… I’m going to focus on some games in my backlog for now, so expect some fluff posts until I can catch up again. On Monday I will post my Top Ten Favorite Generation One Pokemon; on Wednesday I will post
a review of Sweet Fuse- At Your Side Edit: I’m going to hold off on Sweet Fuse for now, instead expect my Top 5 Worst Voltage Inc Games; and for Fangirl Friday…I haven’t decided yet, so we’ll see how that goes when we get there.
The new poll is already up, so be sure to vote! This week’s poll is: How do you Otome? Tell me where do you typically play otome games? Let me know by voting! The poll will be open until Saturday at 11:59 PM EST! You can find it in the side bar (or if you are using a phone/tablet @ the bottom of the page). If you still can’t find it, click the link HERE! I look forward to your decision!
So here we are again at the end of another Recap Post, where I highlight five interesting posts from other bloggers that showed up on my Reader this past week…
Persona 4 Golden– The Persona series has been on my list of must play games for as long as I can remember, but for some reason or another, I never get around to it. After reading this blogger’s review of Persona 4 Golden, I’ve decided to move Persona up on my list! This is a must read for folks still on the fence about the series and for old fans alike. I might just have to buy this game before the year is out!
Whistle!– I’ve never really been into Sports anime and manga, they never really grab my attention…So, when I saw a post about Whistle, I almost passed it up. But, when I saw that the author called this the “Best Sports Manga” that they’d ever read, I had no choice but to read it and see what all of the fuss was about. I’m glad that I did! You can really tell just how passionate this blogger is about this manga, and the longer I read, the more excited I got about it too.
Cashier: Are there are 50 boxes of Kleenex here?/ Me: I’m watching Clannad./ Cashier: Would you like more from the back?– If the title alone doesn’t get you, I don’t know what will. Anyone who has seen Clannad or even heard about it knows that it is a bit of a tear jerker (understatement of the year). This blogger gives a funny and emotional overview of the anime responsible for so many otaku tears…this is definitely worth the read, but don’t forget to grab a few tissues first!
(Scientifically) Proving why anime is addicting (Yeah, I just went there.)– This is an interesting post…Anyone that has seen an anime before can tell you, there is something about anime that always leaves you wanting more. Well, this author sets out to explain why anime is so addicting…with science!
[Otome Game Review] Dot Kareshi- We’re 8-bit Lovers!- I Densetsu no Otome– This was one of the first blogs that I followed, but then it went on a bit of a hiatus. Well now it’s back and even better than ever! For this post, the author tackles the first game in the Dot Kareshi series, providing a very well written and informative review of the game! I’d played Dot Kareshi, back when the patch was originally released, but for some reason it just fell to the wayside. But, after reading this post, I think it’s time to bring this gem of a game out of Backlog Hell!
So here we are at the end of this week’s post… Do you have any suggestions for posts? Any burning questions? Want me to review a specific game or character? See something in your Reader this week that you wanna share? Feel free to Comment on this post or Ask Me on my tumblr! As always Thank You for reading!
Categories: Last Week Today