So for all of my new followers: Welcome and Thank You for checking out my small corner of the internet!! For everyone else: Welcome Back! Last Week Today posts are weekly recaps of my week, personally and on WordPress. I also compile all of my posts from the past week and hash out news/houskeeping stuff… But, the most important part of the post is at the end, where I highlight five amazing posts from other bloggers that showed up on my Reader throughout the week!
So here we are at the end of another week! Somehow I managed to get a lot done this week, both for the blog and with my school work! I’m in the final stretch of my Big Graduation Research Project, but I still have a bit more to go. My professor reviewed my draft and suggested I fix a few things before final submission….The revisions won’t take to long, so I’m gonna hunker down and get it done.
Last week I told you guys that I was called back for a second in- person interview for one of the positions I applied for a few weeks ago…I actually think I did really well! But I won’t hear back about whether or not I got the position until half way through the week. So fingers crossed!
Weekly Recap: Apr. 3rd- Apr. 9th
- Draw the Line and Turn the Time: Time Hollow Game Review– What if you had the power to change the past with just the flick of a pen? Would you use it? What about the consequences? Are they worth it? These are the questions Ethan Kairos must answer, when he wakes up one morning to find a strange wormhole at the head of his bed. When he reaches inside he finds a strange green pen that allows him to open holes in time!
- Mini Review: Starry Sky~in Spring~– So a few months ago I mentioned at hat I had joined a gaming group with three other blogger to play Starry Sky in Spring. So here we are the first review of the game. Play as Tsukiko Yahisa (name changeable), the first female student to attend Seigetsu Academy, as she romances one of three childhood friends.
- My Top 5 Worst Mobile Otome Games– So I had a lot of requests for a Best and Worst Mobile Otoge list, but I’ve been too busy with school and reviews to write anything before now. Each of the games on this list are here because they caused me some amount of pain while playing them. Be it a God awful translation, a crappy plot, or an abundance of checkpoints, these games are simply the worst! There are no Voltage games on this list, they have their own list! This is part one of two, so keep an eye out for part two.
- Fangirl Moment: Hotarubi no Mori e– This is the saddest oneshot, I have ever read, but it is such a beautifully written story I’m glad I read it! The story is about a friendship between an unlikely pair that takes place over the span of several summers. It’s a bittersweet tale of childhood, love, friendship, and loss. *sorry I’m tearing up again* Go read the manga or watch the movie, both are wonderful!
As always Voltage was really pumping out the stories this week:
- In After School Affairs the After School Rendezvous and the A is for Affair stories for Kiyonori Taishi are now available for purchase.
- In Kissed by the Baddest Bidder Eisuke’s Midnight Secrets sub story is now available for purchase.
- Itsuki Matsuba’s Main Story and POV stories are now available for purchase in Butler Until Midnight.
- Dui’s Musings of Love story is now available for purchase in Star-Crossed Myth.
- Finally, Voltage Inc’s newest app, Bad Boys Do It Better, is now available for purchase.
- Ryoji Ryukai and Rei Todo’s Main Stories and Epilogues are now available for purchase.
So I know I keep fiddling with the top menu…but I want it to be perfect, or as close to it as I can get…I’m moving the Last Week Today tab to the News tab. I also spruced up the old Blogroll…If you want to exchange links, direct all requests there. I am always open to exchanging links with other bloggers out there and expanding my network, so feel free to drop a line if you are interested!
*Please if you are going to add me to your blogroll use the title “Nice Job Breaking It, Hero” and the following link:
Due to the rather small turn out for this weeks poll, I am going to extend it for another week. So be sure to vote in this week’s poll: What Should I Play Next, you can find it in the side bar (or if you are using a phone/tablet @ the bottom of the page). If you still can’t find it, click the link HERE!
The Week Ahead
Also, I have been working like mad to clear out some of my drafts so that I can have some back up posts/content for when I get too busy with school (and hopefully work)! Expect a lot of new things mixed in with the regular reviews over the next few weeks. This is my list of PLANNED posts: My Top 10 Favorite Voltage Guys on Monday, Mini Review: My Wedding and the 7 Rings on Wednesday, and for Fangirl Friday I will be posting about another manga series! This list is subject to change, but not by much.
So here we are again at the end of another Recap Post, where I highlight four interesting posts from other bloggers that showed up on my Reader this past week…
Fujinsei Blog Carnival # 1: All Otaku Bloggers Welcome!– This is the blog equivalent of the take a penny leave a penny premise. This blogger is calling all otaku bloggers (anime,manga, games, or anything to do with Japanese culture) to choose one of their shiniest posts for sharing! the post can be old or new, it doesn’t matter as long as it’s something you’re proud of. This is a great networking opportunity for bloggers both new and old, and I highly recommend taking part in this event! I found some really awesome blogs through the Carnival and I know you all will too! The event ends April 15th, so hurry before time runs out!
Anime Cafe’s!!!– There are times when we as fans see all the cool stuff that they have in Japan and wish that only tiny drop of that awesomeness would make its way to the States! Anime Cafes are one of those wonderful things. Many of us have only seen in pictures or in anime, but they just look like so much fun. This post gives a little bit of insight into the world of anime cafes and asks for readers to share their experiences with anime cafes and their favorite anime cafe themes.
Anime Elitism: What Defines Good Anime?– This post talks about something very important to the anime community: Elitism! You know what I’m talking about, those people who think that their anime is the superior anime and all other anime are shit…But, really what makes a good anime? This post tries to offer an answer to that question by looking at three universally acclaimed series.
NEETaku Discusses: Sub vs. Dub– This is the age old anime debate, Subbed vs. Dubbed….This single choice has divided whole families against one another and turned friends into enemies. Well okay it’s not quite that drastic, but it is still a much debated topic in the anime community. This post offers an objective look at both styles, the good and the bad. In the end, it’s more a question of quality rather than method.
Well I Wish I Could Be Psychic Too (Ghost Hunt)– This is a series that I have been wanting to start for awhile, but never really got around too. This is a 25 episode anime that follows high schooler Mai as she solves paranormal crime alongside handsome nassicist, Naru. This post does an awesome job of selling the show to me, so good in fact that I bumped the series up on my list of anime to watch!
Don’t worry if you didn’t see one of your posts on this list, keep writing great things on your blogs and I’m sure to find it!
So here we are at the end of this week’s post… Do you have any suggestions for posts? Any burning questions? Want me to review a specific game or character? See something in your Reader this week that you wanna share? Feel free to Comment on this post or Ask Me on my tumblr! As always Thank You for reading!
Categories: Last Week Today