Here we are again at the end of another week…I just started a Behavior Change Project for school, I decided to add more walking into my day, and I have managed to walk for at least 30 mins everyday this week! Yay me! I also managed to write absolutely nothing for my portion of the results section of my Big Graduation Research Project…motivation levels were especially low for this assignment…
I went to a party last night where I did some Backstreet Boys Karaoke…it was awesome, but I have to admit that I’m a tad bit tone deaf…But people were in to it nonetheless!
Weekly Recap: Feb. 21st-Feb. 27th
- Support the Localization of Beastmaster and Prince ~Flower and Snow~-As of this post, there are only 13 Days left for them to reach their goal of $150,000. I cannot stress how important this is for the future of localization of otoge games! Even if you can’t support monetarily, share this Kickstarter, game companies need to hear from us! They need to know that we are interested in seeing these games outside of Japan! I know I say this a lot but, OTOME/OTOGE FANS UNITE! Let your voices be heard!
- Support Seiyuu Danshi an English BL Visual Novel– Here is another Kickstarter, this time for a BL/Yaoi Visual Novel! Unlike Beastmaster, this game has already met it’s monetary goal, now they are starting to knock out the stretch goal (which are awesome). Visit the Kickstarter page, download the demo and SHARE this amazing upcoming game!
- Fangirl Moment: I Shall Never Return– So one of the manga series that I bought at Katsucon was the acclaimed yaoi classic, I Shall Never Return by Kazuna Uchida. I love BL/Yaoi, and this title is a must read for any fan of the genre! It is beautiful and heartfelt look into 90’s yaoi, without the tragic end that plagues so many titles from the time period. I highly recommend this series, it’s definitely one of my favorite manga series!
- PokeNews: [Nintendo Pokemon Direct Announcement] Pokemon Moon and Pokemon Sun are a GO!– Let me just say that for Pokemon (and Nintendo) this has been the best week ever! Not only was yesterday the 20th Birthday of Pokemon, but they also announced that Pokemon Moon and Pokemon Sun would be the next generation of Pokemon game coming out later on in 2016! I am so hyped for this!
- My Lover is an Abrasive God: Star Crossed Myth-Scorpio Review– So a few weeks ago someone on Tumblr read my Soryu Oh Review and suggested I write one for Scorpio from Star Crossed Myth…so I did! I love Scorpio he is one of my favorite Voltage Guys, actually he is my ideal type, cold, aloof, and a tsundere (later though). I highly recommend Scorpio to anyone who hasn’t already played SCM, he is awesome!
So I finally finished playing Amnesia so expect that review TOMORROW… Individual reviews will follow at a more irregular rate throughout the month as I finish more of the routes. There should also be another Fangirl Moment about one of my absolute favorite shojo manga series of all time! Other than that, I’m going back and playing the other routes in DRAMAtical Murder, I think it’s high time I wrote another review for that game, so far Noiz and Clear are in the works, but don’t expect anything for a while…I should have more time to play over Spring Break (fingers crossed).
I’ve also been trying to think of a good way to use my Tumblr and I think I may have come up with a good solution…I’m going to start writing some Tumblr-only reviews, these will be short reviews…like really, really short. I don’t like writing reviews on here of games and the like when someone else I know has already written a post about it…so I will post those on Tumblr instead. To be honest, I should be calling them reactions rather than reviews, but I digress…Tumblr exclusive reviews…
So here we are again at the end of another Recap Post, where I highlight five interesting posts from other bloggers that showed up on my Reader this past week…
20 Personal Pokemon Facts for Pokemon 20– Pokemon nostalgia was at a fever pitch for me this week, what with all the awesome Pokemon announcements…This post perfectly summed up Pokemon nostalgia, by offering a very personal and candid look at this blogger’s journey with Pokemon! If you’ve ever played Pokemon, this post will definitely hit you right in the childhood and have you reaching for your old copies of RBY (or in my case GSC)!
Sick by Kurahasi Tomo– So from Pokemon to my next love, BL/yaoi… I got into the genre when I started college, and I’ve been in love with it ever since. I am always looking for more titles to add to my collection, and this post really got me interested in reading this title. It is a very informative review and worth the read for anyone looking for a new yaoi series to start! This post is a part of a much larger 2016 Manga Reading Challenge that the author is currently undertaking, so give their other posts a read too!
Complete 100% Review: Shall We Date War of Prayers– I love this game, but to be more specific, I LOVE LIAM! This post, like the title says is a complete review of the game Shall We Date War of Prayers, and it is awesome. The author gives a full review of all of the routes and endings in the game (which is not an easy task) delivering a very detailed and well written review! I will warn you guys that there are spoilers in this post, but they are easy to spot (and skim over). This is a great game for folks on the fence about mobile otoge and an even better read for people unsure about which guys to pick in the game!
My Candy Love-Neko’s Walkthrough series COMING SOON!…and Rants– I used to play My Candy Love all of the time, but we had a falling out due to the ridiculous AP system! That aside this is really a pretty good and underrated game, it offers unique characters that don’t always fit into finite categories, plus it can be kind of addictive. This review reminded me exactly why I started playing the game in the beginning and for the first time in years I logged in to my account! I can’t wait for the walkthrough series, for this game, as the getting all of the events for each guy is a skill in of itself. All in all a great post!
Tips for playing Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest–So for the last post, I’m gonna go with this tips guide for Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest. I have never played the game, but after seeing all the hype for it I ran down to my local Gamestop to buy a copy…but they were sold out…probably for the best, but I still plan on getting the game in the near future so this guide is a must read!
So here we are at the end of this week’s post… Do you have any suggestions for posts? Any burning questions? Want me to review a specific game or character? See something in your Reader this week that you wanna share? Feel free to Comment on this post or Ask Me on my tumblr! As always Thank You for reading!
Categories: Last Week Today