So I have been sitting on this for a few days…but I was nominated by my fellow blogger Boba and Games for the Blogger Recognition Award! Thank you so much for the nomination!
So maybe I don’t have green hair…
So there are rules…
- Write a post explaining why you started blogging along with a few tips.
- Nominate some of your fellow bloggers.
- Comment on their blogs to let them know you’ve nominated them.
Why I Started Blogging…
This is probably why it has taken me so long to write this post…
So I actually created this blog about a year ago, but never wrote anything! It just kind of sat there like a piece of unnamed internet dark matter, collecting dust and cobwebs (or whatever neglected pages do on the internet)…Then I started graduate school…
I’m finishing up my final year of my Masters in Global Health, which means I do a lot of research writing. Mostly about infectious disease, health policy, advocacy, and other public health stuff. Don’t get me wrong I love the health field, especially mental health in developing countries, but sometimes you just need a break! So I started this blog as a way to appease my inner procrastinator. I often get really distracted when I have assignments, the bigger the paper the worse it is, so I came up with a brilliant plan! The idea was that as long as I was going to procrastinate on that important research proposal, I might as well do something semi-productive….I mean procrastinating is fine as long as I’m writing about something.
So when I had to come up with a name for my blog I turned to TV Tropes for inspiration! The trope Nice Job Breaking It, Hero comes about when the good guy does something they think is right (ie. defeating the villain) at the time, but ultimately makes everything worst. Life is like that you think you’re doing the right thing, when you just seem to make everything worse, but the mark of a true hero is that they never give up. So despite a few screw ups here or there you just keep going, plus I like the irony of the whole thing!
Then I had to come up with something to write about, I played around with games, Pokemon, food, otome, graduate school woes, and just trying to be an adult…it was too hard to narrow down my interests to one thing so i didn’t! I write about what ever I want, mostly otome/otoge and Pokemon, but if I like something and I want people to know about it, I’ll write about it. Besides none of my friends like otome games, most think I’m crazy, but hey it is what it is…So its super nice that I can talk about them with fellow bloggers that share my love of pixel men!
- Write what you love! You don’t have to limit yourself to one topic, you can if you want, but you don’t have to. Write what makes you happy. You can always tell when someone is writing about something they’re passionate about, their feelings are contagious! The best blogs aren’t always the most well written, the best blogs are the ones that get you interested.
- Don’t worry about what other people say. Do you!
- Talk to other bloggers…reply to comments and comment on blogs you like. Build a network, get to know what’s out there, collaborate! The internet is big, make friends!
- Have fun! Don’t worry too much about what to write, what’s important is that you write, and have fun doing it. Never let blogging stop being fun!
So I sorta kinda fell in love with REVANCE!
REVANCE is the fictional boy band in Voltage Inc.’s mobile otoge Scandal in the Spotlight: Our Secret Love Song. At first I was hesitant, SITS, comes on the heels of Serendipity Next Door, which also featured a secret love affair with a musician. However, unlike Spotlight, Serendipity Next Door was cancelled before the story could really take off. So I wasn’t really ready to invest my time and money into another game, only to see it cancelled prematurely. Boy am I glad that I changed my mind, the game reminds me of Voltage’s older (at least to me) games like Love Letter from Thief X and Be My Princess, in that I instantly fell in love with all of the characters! There is something special about each and every one of the selectable guys, and believe me when I say I haven’t felt this way about an otome for a long time.
Continue reading “Mini Review: Scandal in the Spotlight”
So I may have mentioned this before, but the guy I was seeing…and kind of hoping to marry broke up with me not too long ago. So I’m kind of somewhere between sad and bitter.
I guess that is kind of how I feel… (found somewhere on Pinterest)
So you may be asking yourself… “What do I do with all this free time?” You may not be ready to jump out into the dating scene, nor do you want to play the role of the third wheel to all of your stable coupled friends, so you find yourself at home browsing Netflix to distract yourself. A bleak outlook for some, but losing yourself in a couple of good movies or TV series that you were too busy to see when you were coupled up, may be just the time waster you need right now. And boy does Netflix deliver…at least right now it does…I’m sure that within a month or so some of these will have been removed (in that case try Hulu or Amazon Prime)…
Continue reading “The Ultimate Break-Up Netflix Guide”
What can I say, I have a type…
So first off, is it me or does Ichiya remind anyone of Ryoki from the manga Hot Gimmick?
- They both lived in the same apartment complex as their love interest.
- They both terrorized their love interests as children (and to some extent when they grew up).
-Ryoki pushed his down a flight of stairs, while Ichiya stole the MC’s stuffed bunny and locked her on the roof for hours in the rain.
- They both want the MC to be their girlfriend to dissuade an an unwanted suitor
- Both guys had messed up home lives
-Ichiya’s parents divorced when he was in junior high, while Ryoki’s parents divorced later in the manga, but they were distant for a long time prior to the split. His dad even had an affair…
Continue reading “The Guy I Kinda Like is Unfriendly: My Last First Kiss- Ichiya Misono Season 1 Main Story”
I woke up checked my phone and saw that I had a notification from Neko-chan! Wiping the sleep from my eyes I proceeded to squint at the tiny screen curiously….and that’s when I saw it, I had been nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award! Thank you so much Neko-chan, I’m kind of new to this blogging thing, so it’s really nice to see that someone out there enjoys my blog and the random things I post.
So there are rules….
- You must thank person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- You must list the rules and display the award.
- You must add 7 facts about yourself.
- You must nominate 15 other bloggers.
Seven Facts About….ME!
Continue reading “So I Kinda Sorta Think I’ve Been Nominated for a One Lovely Blog Award…”